Recent content by Jacomus

1. Jacomus

'' McDonalds incident '' Man beats up two women after he gets assaulted

FrisianDude said:
    Sort of related: http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/2730/Opmerkelijk/video/detail/2911322/Sponge-Bob-stevig-in-elkaar-geramd.dhtml

Now see if Sponge Bob had used a weapon he may have got the "women" to back down.  Instead, fighting with your arms at a 90 degree angle is very hard to do.  A bat or gun would have made it much more even :lol:
  2. Jacomus

Mount and Blade 2 - Suggestions

Well since we are talking suggestions :wink:  I would like the ability to have my choice of from 3 to 8 factions to play against.  This would allow for those that want an Indian or Asian faction(s) to have them.  I personally am a big fan of Eastern European countries.  Could this be done?  Sure, however, it would push back the release date  :shock:
  3. Jacomus

What are you afraid of?

I guess I'll drag this back on course I am afraid of Clowns really afraid.  No one is that happy :eek:
  4. Jacomus

What are you afraid of?

Eктωρ said:
    But then you'll just find that a holier-than-thou and pedantic attitude and will just forget about it in the next ten minutes.

I'm not insulting your intellect, I'm not saying you're not capable of understanding this, you don't want to, you don't want to want to, and you won't, never.

Ektwp I was right there with you brother, UNTIL, the and you won't never bit.  As a Christian I can only go out and proclaim the good word, feed God's chosen, and make disciples of all nations.  I can't interfere with the work of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ through the holy spirit.  It may be that my post sparks something that the spirit can use for someone on the forum.  But I can never judge the action of who will or won't heed the call nor am I the one that plants the seed.  Predestination is available to and for all.  Remember why you believe as you do that you are a man and you will die someday. 
  5. Jacomus

Dissolution of the United States

@ Rebelsquirrel Since we are in flyover country I don't think anyone would notice :lol:  But your right it couldn't be done just on a whim and there would be a fight I'm sure :cry:  Still can dream can't I? :grin:
  6. Jacomus

Occupy Wall Street

Ooh what a wonderful time to post :roll:  Actually, in the case we have here we have both sides really looking at the same end result.  Granted both sides have wacky and kooks and attention-getters.  The OWS rely on government taking care of the societal ills.  The Government is for providing National Security and establishing laws for the nation not social reform.  The Tea party relies on the nature of the capitalist system to take care of societal ills.  The Capitalist system is for providing a way for anyone who can get their idea "sold" to those who have money to produce the widget for the biggest investment return it can.  Neither side is right, the only way to curb this is to elect folks who will reduce the size of the drain of tax dollars from those who can't pay to those that should pay.  A flat tax is the right start but of course instead of having it be a sliding scale we want to add a national sales tax, or loop holes or whatever we can to FOCH up the "rightness" of setting a budget much like I have to.  We as Americans have to get right with our selves and understand Washington will do and get away with what we allow them.  The media is no longer the watch dog.  We need to educate ourselves and our lawmakers to do the correct not the "compassion" thing.
  7. Jacomus

Dissolution of the United States

Well as I live in the state of Iowa, I could see a split of several central states.  I could see Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, North and South Dakota and Nebraska being one big union.  We would have enough resources to sustain ourselves and also be able to export grain and livestock.  The coal fields in North Dakota would give us our energy.  Government corruption is lower than most areas and we have room to  allow for more industry.  Unemployment is lower than the average.  Our test scores are higher but so is our elder population.  It would be doable if things got serious depression like crazy.
  8. Jacomus

quick question

How many bandits?  The reason is the way Mount and Blade handles battles.  There is a total limit of how many soldiers can be on the "screen" at one time.  It is adjustable through the menus in the game but only up to I think 150 total troops.  There is a tweak or mod that will allow you to do allot more look on the repository.  It also can be adjusted slightly by having points in Tactics which will allow you to have more troops and less enemy troops on the "screen" to begin the battle.  Hope this helps :smile:
  9. Jacomus

Please help!!

Can a moderator move this to the guild hall it is a Warband question.  I believe you can use some of the mods that are updated only to 1.134, however, there maybe issues.  I have asked for this to be moved so you can get a correct answer from the people on the Warband forum. 
  10. Jacomus

Does Drinking Make One Think About A Woman More Or Less?

I am of the Yes crowd, Of course I always think about women :razz:
  11. Jacomus

How do you like your coffee?

Grind my own; Black with little sugar.  Will need to try brown sugar :idea: also Earl Grey straight or a flavored tea(currently Blackberry) I know total waste of good tea :roll:
  12. Jacomus

AAR: Connor: To No Man I Kneel - Chapter 14 posted!

I like this!  Only thing I can think of writing wise is to perhaps use the same narrative all the way through.  What I mean is you write mostly in 2ND person but occasionally write in 1st also.  An example that would help is the following.  Instead of saying I slew two groups of Looters, describe to us what your Looters are.  In my mind Looters are runaway serfs and criminals banded together to try and survive in the land.  Dirty, hungry, and angry describe them.  They are not versed in tactics it is every man for himself.  Of course, please ignore everything I wrote except the first part about me liking!  Look forward to more adventures of Connor.
  13. Jacomus

Collect Five Men

He's a merchant  :grin:  You should know that in in a game they act as they do in the real world.  They are born to say anything just to get you to buy into their scheme.  "I'm sorry did I say 5?  Well, since then I've heard they have more men so scurry back and spend all of the 100 denars I gave to you to spend!"  jk please don't take offense if anyone is a saleperson or merchant in RL.
  14. Jacomus

Help Please

Yep follow Adorno's advice.  Obviously, to get to that point you need to start with a "character".  This means answer the questions based on what you feel the background is for your character up to the start point.  If you are looking to have someone who is a swordsman then perhaps your father was a warrior and as you grew up you were sent to be a page and then a squire.  Finally, you were forced from your home by the Lord who raised you due to a war or just to get your bum up and off his property.  Then pick a name and place points in those areas that a swordman would have.  Such as perhaps shield or ironflesh.  Put points into class of weapons and ride out in Calradia!!
  15. Jacomus

New player • Question on player builds

Whether you start over or not is up to you.  As a mercenary, you will be called upon to fight in a castle siege or town siege.  With your current set up, your horsemen are going to be unhorsed and climb a ladder or tower to take down the enemy.  With only 20 men you really have no good choices.  Do you lose them taking the castle/town?  Do you get pwned by a Lord of the enemy faction?  I would say don't start over a completely new game unless you don't like your character build.  But do expect to lose your 20 men.  As to the 2 heroes, yes most of the heroes don't like you raiding villages, so I personally don't use heroes.  They do have their uses especially in Warband, I prefer to wait til I'm wanting to start my own kingdom to recruit them.  Hope this helps :wink:
Back
Top Bottom