Recent content by Ikarooz

1. Ikarooz

Devs - What are you even doing?

lol I mean check out the steam forum atm, it's a plane crash :ROFLMAO:
    image.png

"it's gonna work this time for sure guys" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
  2. Ikarooz

lol I mean check out the steam forum atm, it's a plane crash :ROFLMAO:
    image.png

3. Ikarooz

v1.2.4-v1.2.5 Balance Changes

make chambers/counterattacks actually usable or at least moddable so modders can make it work. It was a great part of warband combat, but in Bannerlord it's nothing more than a forgotten bunch of code

A shame that I had to ask for this for years now to be fixed but I'm not giving up aswell 🤪
  4. Ikarooz

guys don't even bother writing in the forums, devs haven't read the forums for years

they probably don't even know that streamer Asmongold has caught up on Bannerlord Multiplayer mods and the game is getting really bad pr atm because the taleworlds servers keep crashing while he's streaming :ROFLMAO: what a joke
  5. Ikarooz

Can you fix Multiplayer already?

Ignore multiplayer haters, they never played warband around 2012-2016 and haven't even heard of stuff like pw, crpg or napoleonic wars

The problem with mp is that the combat just isn't as crisp as it was in warband, it feels irrational and spongy at times. But there is something that could heavily improve mp combat

Chambers

Yep, they exist in bannerlord too, technically, but nobody uses them because they are very hard and unreliable to use. The problem is, without chambers the entire combat system becomes extremely dull. It was usually a rock-paper-scissor system: chambers beat spamming/feinting, hold attacks beat chambers, spamming/feinting beats hold attacks. But since chambers are unusable, hold attacks became obsolete and we're back to spamming/feinting. Attack, block, attack, block, feint, feint, feint, feint, attack, that's bannerlord combat atm

and it's boring.

In an ideal world, Taleworlds would overwork the combat system, trying to make it as crisp as it was in warband but I don't really have any hope for that. What they can do though is fix chambers, which would improve the combat system a LOT because it would unlock this rock-paper-scissors system

Or, you know, at least make chamber mechanics more accessible to modders so they can have a go at it

Do devs even visit the forums? Never seen one outside the patch announcements
  6. Ikarooz

MP Top Suggestions

for the love of god make horse hoof sounds more clear, cav can sneak up to me at 150mp/h as if this was thief5 - deadly gallops
    (or at least make them mod-able)
  7. Ikarooz

Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

Any chances in looking into chamber mechanics?
  8. Ikarooz

MP Chamber blocking is non-functional

Bumping this thread because fixing chambers would improve the overall combat massively
  9. Ikarooz

Chamber / Chambering times

Does anyone actively use chambers nowadays? It seems to be a dead mechanic atm which is a shame because it enhanced the entire gameplay in so many ways.
    Some cav charging you with a couch-attack? It's not a death sentence if you can chamber it properly.
    Some guy spamming you with a fast 1h weapon and feinting nonstop? You don't have to join his little silly dance and may even punish him for that tactic.
    Even hold attacks currently have no real use in battles, because those used to be the hard counter for chambers, so in the end we loose two ways how to engage an attack in a melee fight.
    All I see right now in multiplayer is people spamming and feinting attacks; that's the entire combat. The risk-reward-ratio of chambers is just too high to be used properly in a battle, and honestly as Swordsman said, even with practice it still feels very random and unreliable.
    I know that Multiplayer hasn't really been getting as much love as Singleplayer did, but adjusting the chamber mechanics a bit and making them easier to use (or a bit more similar to warband) could give the entire combat system so much back.
    There is not a single day where I play multiplayer and think to myself "god I wish I could have chambered that." :razz:
  10. Ikarooz

An open letter from the Kingdoms of Arda team, and the total-conversion mod community

mods are the reason why I stuck to this game for 7 years and not just some months
  11. Ikarooz

MP Native cRPG

Will there be awlpikes?
    knitler don't give me ptsd again plz
  12. Ikarooz

MP Native cRPG

Thehe, this one is going to be interesting, let's see where it goes

Good luck! May CrossBowbimbo's Iberian Mace be with you!
    pxhhOAn.jpg
  13. Ikarooz

The 22nd Battalion

damn, now thats a name I havent seen in a while

best wishes from the crpg crowd
  14. Ikarooz

The many issues i see with cavalry in MP

About the amount of cav players on tdm:

I'm for removing the ability to ride for most infantry classes, I dont see why a random peasant should be able to ride a warhorse, they shouldn't have enough riding skill for that
  15. Ikarooz

WHY is there friendly melee damage

give friendly fire to TDM or give me death
Back
Top Bottom