WHY is there friendly melee damage

Users who are viewing this thread

Huh? There should be friendly fire for every mode otherwise people just swing all over the place and shoot through teammates like in tdm/siege.

what about captain mode? you sure its working as intended when you/friendly troops are killed by your own archers/crossbow? Or when there is huge melee group fight, just as there always is in captain mode, you cant even participate simply because you might very well end up killing many friendly troops? How is this not a problem? I feel like were not playing the same game

what about captain mode? you sure its working as intended when you/friendly troops are killed by your own archers/crossbow? Or when there is huge melee group fight, just as there always is in captain mode, you cant even participate simply because you might very well end up killing many friendly troops? How is this not a problem? I feel like were not playing the same game
1. Why not specify originally?
2. Why is this an issue? Just position your units better

If you do what you have to but your troops kill each other it's perhaps an AI issue. In TDM the lack of friendly fire is horrible, when you're outnumbered they simply spam swings because even if they hit their teamies they won't kill them.

Friendly fire wouldn't be a problem if people knew how to play the game. Sadly, most people play like brainless apes and thus it can be concluded that friendly fire is very annoying in all game-modes. Only moment I am actually OK with friendly fire is when I'm going full-party 6 man Skirmishing

The AI shooting each other is an AI issue, not a friendly fire issue. And if you can't control your swings in a melee with your own troops then you should probably stay out of that melee and find isolated people to fight. Most of us have no issue using overhead swings and stabs in melee to hit the enemy without hitting our friendlies.

On the flipside, if we didn't have friendly fire you could swing without any consequence and that is frustrating as hell when you're the guy on the other side.

Didn't you watch Braveheart?
If you shoot arrows while you also could hit your own units you are like the english king.
You have to decide if u want to be the English king or William Wallace.

What more to say. Its medieval war. Friendly fire is the real thing.

The AI shooting each other is an AI issue, not a friendly fire issue. And if you can't control your swings in a melee with your own troops then you should probably stay out of that melee and find isolated people to fight. Most of us have no issue using overhead swings and stabs in melee to hit the enemy without hitting our friendlies.

On the flipside, if we didn't have friendly fire you could swing without any consequence and that is frustrating as hell when you're the guy on the other side.
friendly AI (archers) can kill TK players (the own player and friendlies aswell) in cpt mode, the thread probably belongs in the bug section. This shouldnt really happen tbh, so the OP is actually discussing a serious issue.

I like FF in Captain Mode.
It makes the game more interesting.

Archers aim at the enemy but very often the enemy move, die or the archer simply miss.

I like FF in Captain Mode too.
Makes the game more challenging, you can't just swing blindly because you will hit your troops.
As for getting FFed by troops it rarely happens, and if you run between firing archers and the enemy you are basically asking for it. Still the game mode is very forgiving when it comes to personal fighting, if you die you just switch to next soldier. Much less forgiving to bad tactics though.

Back
Top Bottom