Recent content by HolgerHardrada

1. HolgerHardrada

[B1.1.0] weapon balance feedback

Polearms with heavy dmg/reach should be unusable on horseback, if they're more balanced they should have reduced reach or damage or a combination of both to be able to be used on horseback.
  2. HolgerHardrada

Any way to pay more money for the game?

this is a crazy question but I want to support the company, I can wait another 26 hours for the sale to end but I was wondering if I was looking to buy the game today to play with friends

Warband is my favorite game of all time. I want to support the developers as much as I can

any place I can pay full price for the game?

Your relation with Taleworlds increased from +20 to +30
    Your relation with Steam has increased from +10 to +12
    Your relation with Taleworlds Fanbois has increased from +20 to +35
    Your relation with Count Grainwad has increased from +45 to +75
    Your relation with SaltyBetaTesters decreased from 0 to -55
    Your relation with Emir Atis has decreased from -55 to -100
  3. HolgerHardrada

Beautiful but fat?

Did they get a lot of steam purchases from NA and decide to have the setting be USA?
  4. HolgerHardrada

Day 210 - highest skill at 76.

Last perks around 300, skills become harder to raise as they get higher, people are grinding for hours with focused skills and still barely breaking 100. Xp should probably be about 100x faster
  5. HolgerHardrada

Bows are WAY too accurate.

I hope they at least do something about the 180 instant turn and headshot
  6. HolgerHardrada

Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

Final perks are around level 300, skill gain should probably be around 100x faster, at least for some skills.
  7. HolgerHardrada

SP - Battles & Sieges Does anyone else think spears are utterly useless?

for 1 thing, every spear needs to be swing able. this is a serious deficit right now, as it was in warband.

Agreed

One of the problems I see with spears is that you have to thrust them.

No spearman ever has had to trust his spear at anything when a horse was coming at him galloping his life away. The spear stays put, no need to aim or thrust. What's your puny arms strength gonna do when a horse is galloping at 40km/hour, giving you all the kinetic energy you need to kill that horse or horseman.
    [/QUOTE

Yes, I think the spear suffers a bit from not being fully represented with the simple "4 attack directions" m&b formula
  8. HolgerHardrada

SP - Battles & Sieges Does anyone else think spears are utterly useless?

Thrust damage on spears is often lower than swords when you look at their stats. Probably too big of a penalty for hitting sightly early in hitbox (we're talking doing 8 damage instead of 80 if you're slightly early...headshots against unarmored opponents.) Thrusts have a delay and are too slow (I actually think all weapons are too slow, and feinting is almost pointless compared to WB.) To make spears not considered "op" give them an extended delay if blocked or missed thrust.
  9. HolgerHardrada

SP - General Adjustments to Combat

1) Weapon speed is too slow. With decent athletics most characters can get out of the way of weapons easily 2) Speed increase from athletics probably scales too fast 3) Maybe change melee animations for cavalry to attack a little lower; at first I thought it was just my being used to warband...
  10. HolgerHardrada

What small Quality of Life improvements would you want TW to implement?

Sorry if these are in or will be in that I didn't notice. Is there no compass? Is there a setting to switch where you can rotate the camera on world map without having to hold r click (like warband.)
  11. HolgerHardrada

Right now the current leveling system is broken so it's hard to compare. I like the idea of bannerlords leveling system but so much needs to change. Some perks are bad or not working or not possible to attain. Characters should be able to have at least one skill that is proficient at the start (what's the highest weapon skill you can start with now?) This could maybe alleviate some of the problems with stuff being too grindy.

Also in some ways it's more organic to level skills, but you can still level one skill to level up your character, and then use that level to focus on another skill? Maybe just scrap levels totally, make focus points only awarded at the start of the game, so you actually have to choose what you want your character to be good at? One focus for attributes, and a few for individual skills. Maybe they could also add in quests to get additional focus points in certain skills.
  12. HolgerHardrada

Skill system needs some major overhaul which I'm sure the devs know by now. In theory I think it could be good. Also there's no way to even be close to proficient at anything at the start of the game which sucks.
  13. HolgerHardrada

Bannerlord SP First Reactions: Megathread

Messing around with the trainer in tutorial... Is chamber blocking much harder than warband? It's entirely possible that either I suck or my character just sucks at the beginning or both
  14. HolgerHardrada

SP - Battles & Sieges Non-polearm mounted combat is basically useless

I've been struggling with this too. I think it's pretty much like others have said, probably too used to the big hit box in warband, camera angles and attack angles are a little different. Even Spears with the low thrust attack is hard to see imo, I've had better luck with high thrust since I can see the angle of the spear. Also computer enemies move quicker and more randomly than native warband, so that can make it tricky too. I like it overall, feels more balanced
  15. HolgerHardrada

SP Native Diplomacy 4.litdum (v1.7 has been released - 28.02.2023)

Does anyone have a fix to revert the female faces to native
Back
Top Bottom