Recent content by High Solar

1. High Solar

SP - World Map Calradia should be bigger and more settlements

I think the scale of the map is fine right now. Imho more depth is needed like roads and ports where you can raid and devastate or trade make traveling faster, dangerous or profitable. What was that mod that adds roads and makes the world more beautiful, Calradia Expanded?
  2. High Solar

Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

There are other games out there that offers family/dynasty dynamics as well. If you want to play "house" then Bannerlord isn't for you. If you want to do battles and fights, then it is. If you want to build a giant dynasty, play CK3, if you want big battles, play Bannerlord, if you want to play house, play Medieval Dynasty, or some other game that fit the bill.

If you dislike the dynasty mechancis, then disable birth and deaths. You don't have to bother with it.
    By your logic, we don't need a campaign map, only custom battles and that's it.
  3. High Solar

in CK3 there is thousands of characters, and a map that is many times the size of the one in Bannerlord. If you want the depth and width of CK3 when it come to family/dynasty, then Bannerlord just to small a game to accomodate it imho.
    You are missing the point, or you are that kind of person that is satisfied with low effort systems that are just the basic stuff. @Blacke did an amazing job of describing the issue with the family system, ill also add his description can be added to the diplomacy system.
  4. High Solar

Lets see... You can have kids. They grow up, you can turn them into party leaders, govenors, mold one into your heir for when you pass...You can arrange marriages to help grow your own clan and clans in your kingdom.

So exactly placeholder for what?
    Defend it all you want. It's there sure but it feels like a lackluster feature without much depth. I'm not going to repeat why, as it was stated by many people across many platforms.
  5. High Solar

The more chill down family dynamics of Bannerlord works in the scope of the game imho.
    I'd call it a placeholder than a chill down version.
  6. High Solar

Does it really matter when the update comes ? They won't add anything new or significant to the flavor of the game, it's the same when it released in EA and it will be the same with the next patch. And you know what i mean, the lack of depth in diplomacy, court intrigue, random event, boring city management(you cant govern your own cities and castles wtf).

The only thing worth playing in the game are the battles and they ARE fun, combined with the lackluster character development it actually goes pretty well, but that can't carry the game alone, i mean look at the player base on steam, true there are thousands playing it but it drops in the statistics.
  7. High Solar

If you don't know what to do during peace, well, start a war, what's the point being in peace?
    And if you're bored, just make a pause and come back later. I don't get the point, it's like playing racing game and saying I'm bored always driving.
    So if I'm understanding correctly, by your definition peace is pointless and it should be removed from the game. Let's also not forget that you must have influence to suggest going to war and the other lords must accept it, which in some cases they oppose going to war and the player wastes his influence. Also this game has more mechanics than a racing game I don't understand the example you are giving.
  8. High Solar

It is not part of our current priorities. I don't think there is any point to categorically reject it for all time though. It has been and will continue to be discussed alongside other potential improvements. We typically discuss changes publicly after a more concrete decision has been made and some progress towards them has been achieved (to reduce the likelihood of disappointment if a prototype doesn't make it as initially envisioned or at all).
    @Duh_TaleWorlds I think it should be in your current priorities. Right now during this stage of the game v1.2.0 and 1.2.1 no matter which faction you join, it all boils down to recruit soldiers and fight, fight, fight. Dont get me wrong the battle are good, animations are amazing, balance could maybe kinda do some tweaking, but everything other than wars and battles is falling really flat. Like the best part of the game is waging wars and battles, and even that can become repetitive. All NPCs are the same doesnt matter that their looks are different and have "different culture" and "personality"(which does nothing), they are all the same, bland and shallow.

Between campaigns from different versions and the new one there is almost 0 difference. Again dont take it the wrong way, improvements are welcome and are praised, the game is way more stable and runs better on my 1050Ti i commend your programmers, but yeah, gameplay loop is bland. Please talk with your team leader or boss or whatever his title is. The community is painfully drooling for such content to be added in the game.
  9. High Solar

@Dejan @Duh_TaleWorlds overall good patch, but i gotta ask any plans for some court intrigue and random events popping up while in a city, castle, village and while traveling? Because right now there is nothing to do in peace time except for tournaments, killing small patches of bandits and trying to find some lord in prison to break out. In other words nothing to do in peace time it's boring and dull.
    @Duh_TaleWorlds @Dejan so I'm guessing nothing of the sorts is planned ? I'd like you to think on it, because if you kee playing the game you will notice the game is really repetitive and grindy, and during peacetime the game offers almost 0 variety.
  10. High Solar

@Dejan @Duh_TaleWorlds overall good patch, but i gotta ask any plans for some court intrigue and random events popping up while in a city, castle, village and while traveling? Because right now there is nothing to do in peace time except for tournaments, killing small patches of bandits and trying to find some lord in prison to break out. In other words nothing to do in peace time it's boring and dull.
  11. High Solar

Patch Notes v1.1.4

There are content changes in the next content update, yes. If you are asking about a fundamental overhaul to the diplomacy system, then that is not part of 1.2.0.
    Thanks for answering, can you give a bit more info on the content changes ?
  12. High Solar

Patch Notes v1.1.4

@Duh_TaleWorlds is there any new content or improvement in AI diplomacy and NPC behavior and relations coming with the new patch ?
  13. High Solar

Devs and "Community" Employees Are Averaging Less than 1 Post Per Day - Where Is The Engagement?

Not sure why you picked this example, the random events in Rome 2 are absolutely terrible. You're the first person I've ever seen who's actually praised them.
    I didn't praise them, only used them as a example. I also gave CK 2 as a example. During peacetime me sitting in my city brings nothing to it and me, like nothing interesting happens, hence why I give such examples. Probably the only thing that I give the city right now is a security boost. I call that boring and me not wanting to play the game right now.
  14. High Solar

Devs and "Community" Employees Are Averaging Less than 1 Post Per Day - Where Is The Engagement?

Not as part of our release plans (aka current works). They may be explored in the future.
    Unfortunate, but believe me when I say this, it will be best for the game, the players and for your future profits if this happens.
  15. High Solar

We don't currently provide patch dates. Having said that, the release plans do state that we intend to update the game for some time to come.

I take it you don't have a specific question about the topics we are currently working on then?
    @Duh_TaleWorlds Are there any plans for a overhaul for the diplomacy and npc interaction. Late game is just boring its only battles during war time and during peace time it's dreadfully boring, literally nothing to do. Adding random events and the ability to govern your town will spice up the game play. Check out Rome 2 total war's event system and CK2.
Back
Top Bottom