Recent content by gorjak

1. Bug Reports and Suggestions

Couple more oddities I've seen, nothing too game-breaking this time though.

High King Pittash thinks he's Hammarand and then King Ragnar.
    SlbEQs3.jpg

Z4fxSvl.jpg

Empress Jutam has confused the Kasthindi for the Rhodoks.
    GBq98Yj.jpg

When asked about rumors, some townsfolk and villagers will answer with complete nonsense.
    w1nSwhp.jpg

zRJERxA.jpg
  2. Bug Reports and Suggestions

There's still a bug with the 'hunt dissidents' action: although it actually does lower revolt risk, like in 2.0 you can get stuck forever on the city actions screen (hitting Leave doesn't work). Only way I've seen around this is to hit Leave, then go to the castle (not sure if it works with the tavern or city streets), tab out and hit Leave again, and it has to be done in that order - there was one time where I tried to go to the castle first and then leave, and still got stuck permanently as a result. (fortunately I backed up my save before doing that)
  3. Bug Reports and Suggestions

Quite a bit's wrong with the wedding scene:

i4rfbch.jpg
  4. Lore discussion - split from fan suggestions

Huh, that slipped my mind, I thought the Griffons got annihilated between the defense of Laria and the plague that killed off their patrons. But fair enough then, in that light it'd make sense to want the Lions eliminated as a Griffon/Cavalas claimant or loyalist. Tbf, I also like tearing down Lion chapters when playing a hardcore Griffon/Cavalas supporter - even if I'd forgotten that Alfred apparently did outlaw the Griffons originally - if only because it's pretty dangerous to leave an order of trained warriors sworn to a dynasty that you just overthrew lying around. A lesson Alfred already seems to have known in the backstory, lol.
  5. Lore discussion - split from fan suggestions

I don't think the Lions actually betrayed the Griffons, so to speak - as I recall and as you said, the latter order was recorded to have gone down fighting at Laria, they weren't backstabbed and massacred by the Lions or anything. The Griffons weren't outlawed by Alfred or his heirs either AFAIK, though that was because they had all died at Laria; it was the Lions themselves who were outlawed by the kings of Sarleon and later restored by Ulric, ironically. It's also noted that the Griffons actually set aside their rivalry with the Lions and willingly worked with them (and thus presumably their master, Alfred of Sarleon) for a while to try to stabilize Pendor, implying the original order may have had less problems with the fall of the Cavalas dynasty than Darlion argues. And of course, in-game I've seen the Lions be just as diligent as any other order in cleaning up heretics, rogue knights, etc. and bailing out peasants or caravans even when facing poor odds.

The Lions are definitely said to be corrupt in the lore if Sarleon's wiki article is anything to go by, but I like to think you can get them to shape up & return to their nobler roots in a Sarleon playthrough, especially if you become their Grand Master. (it's also notable that almost every quote slamming Sarleon and the Lions in that article are from Sarleon's enemies, except the last one by a renegade Lion) Everybody has problems & flaws, after all, and only the Snake Cult & Heretics (as well as some of the nastier unique spawns, like Oswald) are essentially irredeemable.

Agreed that none of the Pendorian kings can really hope to stand up to the Snake Cult on their own, that's down to the player. But I don't believe that necessarily means the PC, being a foreign adventurer, actually needs to take over Pendor directly (especially when some of its native rulers are at least competent enough to rule in a non-Snake-Cult-invasion scenario, IMO). In my playthrough I've recently become the most powerful Sarleon lord, the faction marshal and essentially Ulric's prime minister, which means that once Maltise lands I'll de-facto be leading Sarleon/Pendor's war effort against her anyway. Bonus: while I'm off to smite Snakes, I can leave the unfun business of actually running the continent to a native ruler who probably knows the land better than I, a foreigner, do.
  6. Lore discussion - split from fan suggestions

Latis the Darkgryphon said:
    In PoP4, 20 years after the unity of pendor, Ebony gauntlet as well as silvermist and noldor join the crusade to the old empire.
    So it is fine for player can gain relation with both of them, both Ebony and silver are the main part of pendor(black and white represent pendor), one for vengeance and one for righteousness.
    They just misunderstand each other, and player is the one to fix that.
    PS:
    And dawn and eventide fight behind each's back too....
    However lion is wiped by Griffin, insane is fixable, trait and ursper not.
    First thought...PoP 4.0 is back??? :eek:

Second thought...what's wrong with the Lions? Well, scratch that, according to the lore there's plenty wrong with the Lions (though as usual their in-game conduct can contradict canon as does everyone else's, in my playthroughs they've been just as diligent as any other order in protecting peasant parties from bandits for example). But I don't think it's particularly fair to say they're traitors or usurpers. After all, they're just serving the kings who've been ruling Sarleon for generations, and who saved it from total conquest by the Baccus Empire. Now sure, it can be argued that the way Sarleon's founding monarch Alfred took power was dubious, but pretty much all great kings from David to Louis XIV have done shady things too - the important thing IMO is that he was actually competent and succeeded in his goal, containing the Baccus advance.

Judging by how the wiki states that 'the lords being far more divided there [Sarleon] than in the other regions', it sounds like Darlion's own ancestor didn't have a prayer in uniting the fractured lords of Pendor, and without Alfred's usurpation he would've led the Pendorians to further disaster against Baccus. I see Alfred as the Pepin/Charlemagne to the House of Cavalas' Merovingians: usurper though he might be, he was more capable than the legitimate but ineffective roi-fainéant he overthrew, and was the man the country needed at the time. I can't really blame the Lions for being loyal to the former over the latter - I probably wouldn't have been too fussy about the details of the legitimate royal succession when there's a host of invaders threatening to break down my doors, pillage my village and impose their foreign yoke on me & any of my loved ones who survive their rampage, myself.

As for Darlion's own claim, Idk, I'm no longer convinced he's right either. The House of Sarleon's been largely recognized as the legitimate and lawful authority of their kingdom for centuries and they can't have been all that bad at ruling if their country's still standing despite being surrounded on all sides by hostile powers. It's been too long since Darlion's ancestor was toppled and Alfred's line established themselves for me to consider him anything more than the real traitor and usurper. I mean, what could I expect if I started claiming to be the last descendant of Genghis Khan and thus rightful overlord of almost all of Eurasia today, and produced a scrap of his imperial yurt as the evidence of my legitimacy? The Knights of the Griffon strike me as an equivalent to the Jacobites as well, old men and the starstruck young 'uns descended from them who have a sentimental attachment to the bloodline of Cavalas but have also been an irrelevant collection of living relics for too long to matter. (as evidenced by them having no presence in the game at all unless you create a chapter for them, and having been gone from Pendor a lot longer than the Falcons)

(Disclaimer: Am still on a Sarleon run right now, and staying loyal to Ulric)

As for the Noldor, ehh, I never particularly liked them from a roleplaying standpoint. They really aren't any nobler than the human factions if all their harassment of passing caravans and lords is anything to go by, and the one time I caught Aeldarian I quite happily executed that racist. Unless I'm trying to roleplay a super upright noble character (and even then s/he'd undoubtedly have a word or two to say about the Noldor's banditlike behavior), I only ally with them as part of a purely utilitarian calculus to defend the world from the Snake Cult and, from a gamier viewpoint, to fulfill one of PoP's victory conditions. I feel as though the EG's hatred and racism is just a mirror of that of their archenemies.
  7. Bug Reports and Suggestions

A few more bugs, this time mostly new ones which I don't remember encountering in 2.0:

1) Emperor Mahafa Almard's feet are missing when he's in his civilian outfit.

1C4r1et.jpg

2) Councilors don't know how to sit on chairs.

cCXSe2c.jpg

3) Even after you attempt a prison break, the prison guard himself remains neutral and thus invincible, making it impossible to complete the 'free a prisoner' quest unless you directly besiege and storm the town/castle the target's being held in.

abKQogx.jpg
  8. Bug Reports and Suggestions

Two more bugs persisting from 2.0: firstly, I still can't find the village elder in Imaz Ishtar villages, which is quite the problem since I'm working for them now. And secondly snowy villages are still creepy, lifeless wastelands with no village elder or even villagers as far as I can see, just 'Trainers' who spout 'surrender or die, make your choice' when you talk to them. I once found Ramun in one, but he was replaced by another Trainer the next time I went there. Screenshot from Itavat:

CM9an5c.jpg
  9. Bug Reports and Suggestions

Another old bug from the previous version: when I try to tab out of a Qara-Kethem town after talking with the guild master, I get a CTD with an error message about 'enemies killed'.
  10. Bug Reports and Suggestions

Ishtari ladies' long hairs still aren't properly secured onto their heads. This time I've screencapped it (and I'm still playing a male character so this is also another case of that misgendering bug I mentioned in my previous post here).

ChbkTnk.jpg

Edit: And a better view of the problem.

RnpvTs6.jpg
  11. Bug Reports and Suggestions

This is a fairly minor bug compared to some of the stuff listed above, but I've noticed (playing a male character atm) that everyone refers to the PC as if you're a member of their own gender. So women will call you 'madam' while men call you 'sir', even if you happen to be playing a man or woman respectively.

Edit: Also, footwear doesn't seem to appear on the player character. I've tried equipping both splinted greaves and cavalry boots, but my character still appears barefoot.
  12. Main Thread - 3.0 released!

Glorious, thanks a ton for the update. I know what I'll be doing for the rest of the night.
  13. Main Thread - 3.0 released!

Welp, time to clear my schedule :party: I cannot wait.
  14. SP Musket Era [WB] Russian-Caucasian War Mod (Still in Development)

Great to see this mod is still alive. Love the new models :grin:
  15. [Lore questions] Monarchs and claimants

Serazu said:
    I won't hear any more nonsense about his majesty:

untitled53.jpg
    Hah! This reminds me, in my 3.7 game I once saw Sheik Shalavan standing not five feet away from Kadan Bahadur Khan at a feast and bragging about how he was going to bring ruin to everything Bahadur loved (basically), and how in my current game Marius has apparently bent the knee before Ulric and joined Sarleon after we destroyed the Empire. The game can certainly develop in crazy lore-breaking ways over time.
Back
Top Bottom