Recent content by Goei

1. Goei

In Progress GPU maxed out

Thanks for the reply!

I updated the game yesterday from .7 to .8 and restarted the game a few times, but that didn't help. I did not restart the PC though. Normaly if the AMD driver (version 20.2.2) crashes, the whole program turns into a transparent window and doesn't react anymore. That was not the case yesterday and I didn't think about a PC restart. But now with a fresh PC start the GPU temperature doesn't skyrocket anymore, yet the usage was 100%. The menu had 100fps and the campaign map around 86.
    Setting vsync to full (was off before) and frame limiter to 90 fixed the 100% usage problem and the fps is now constant at 59,94 on the campaign map and during fights. It works now. But without changing the settings the game was running before without 100% usage. I have no idea what caused the abrupt changes.
  2. Goei

The GPU is fine and maintained. And the game was running fine for hours in two previous builds. The only changing aspect are the game versions. So I suspect the game and not the GPU.
  3. Goei

Ok...it was not just a Tesselation problem :/

The game ran nice and smooth at 55°C until I visited the village of Saldannis. I spoke with Jemynon about a bandit hideout near their village causing problems. I accepted the quest, left the village and out of a sudden my GPU jumps to 100% usage all the time and the temperature skyrocketed.

I checked the options and everything seems normal. The right GPU was selected, no tesselation and everything like I had it before.

@Heinz Solo: I disabled the sound, but it changed nothing. I have no idea what causes it. Even two restarts didn't fix it. Maybe something in the village, the dialogue or the appearing hideout caused the problem.

Strange is, after the problem started, even just loading into the menu after a restart was maxing out my GPU. :xf-eek:

Edit: e1.0.8 didn't fix it. Creating a complete new start isn't helping either.
  4. Goei

Sorry I wasted your time ^_^' I forgot to restart in order to disable tesselation again. It is running fine now.
  5. Goei

I tried that with .3 and the game crashed on loading xD But yes, it might be worth a try.
  6. Goei

.6 was running great as well and now with .7 my GPU is overheating again. And it is selected in the menu.
  7. Goei

I had the same problem since launch with an RX590 and 16GB RAM. I turned everything off or to low settings and switched to fullscreen. The gpu was on 100% usage and it got hot/loud to the point when I coudln't play after a few minutes. Didn't matter what I did ingame. But everything worked smooth in version e1.0.3 and e1.0.5 with the same settings. I thought you fixed it and in e1.0.4 it returned. Now it is gone again for me.

I thought it might be a process that isn't shut down or repeated indefinitely...no idea though.
Back
Top Bottom