In Progress GPU maxed out

Users who are viewing this thread

cartronmat

Recruit
I know their is a couple of threads about this already although most refer to problems with the GTX1060.

Im running a 1070 with a good cpu too. The gpu gets maxed out all the time, making it so hot andf the performance slow and stuttery. Were not just talking about in big battles, I mean in towns talking to npcs, moving around the map, everywhere.

I downloaded the latest drivers and lowered the graphic settings to medium/ capped my framerate to 60; but the game is barely playable still.

Are you in winter in your game, by any chance? I found the snow effect really crushed my system, for some reason. It also happens when I get near big clusters of people fighting in a battle -- but if I get 10-20 meters back from them the problem starts to clear up.

Are you in winter in your game, by any chance? I found the snow effect really crushed my system, for some reason. It also happens when I get near big clusters of people fighting in a battle -- but if I get 10-20 meters back from them the problem starts to clear up.
Not winter. Nothing in particular seems to trigger it. It just seems like all round bad performance. I would of put it down to early access except for some people reporting how smooth big battles are at 60 fps and what not. I'm like huh my gpu is 98% fighting 3 bandits

Ouch. I'm going to try turning my fps down next, and see how that fares. I'm used to running at 144 for Overwatch. Perhaps tuning M&B's max down will make a difference. As it is, the 'stutter' when I get near big group battles makes it unplayable. Small conflicts are fine, but any big cluster of bodies seems to choke the PC progressively more as I get nearer to it.

I know their is a couple of threads about this already although most refer to problems with the GTX1060.

Im running a 1070 with a good cpu too. The gpu gets maxed out all the time, making it so hot andf the performance slow and stuttery. Were not just talking about in big battles, I mean in towns talking to npcs, moving around the map, everywhere.

I downloaded the latest drivers and lowered the graphic settings to medium/ capped my framerate to 60; but the game is barely playable still.
Hi, sorry for your inconvenience. Can you check your Vsync and frame limiter options? Your GPU might be trying to hard to push too much frames. Also, what is your CPU ram amount, we have some leak issues, those may be the reason for it. Thanks in advance.

Hi, sorry for your inconvenience. Can you check your Vsync and frame limiter options? Your GPU might be trying to hard to push too much frames. Also, what is your CPU ram amount, we have some leak issues, those may be the reason for it. Thanks in advance.
Hello. Thats quite alright. Vsync is set to off, frame rate is limited to 60. Now my cpu ram amount - I'm not particularly computer savvy - if your talking about my general computer ram i have 48GB. If there is some sort of memory amount on my cpu processor; im not sure how i work that out but I have an i7 7820hk if that helps.

Cheers

Hello. Thats quite alright. Vsync is set to off, frame rate is limited to 60. Now my cpu ram amount - I'm not particularly computer savvy - if your talking about my general computer ram i have 48GB. If there is some sort of memory amount on my cpu processor; im not sure how i work that out but I have an i7 7820hk if that helps.

Cheers
You are probably GPU bound right now which means that your CPU has less work to do with respect to your GPU and generally idle while your GPU is constantly working. 1070 is a card which should run the game at least 60 FPS in 1080p - very high config. What is your config and resolution? These information will help us whether the your GPU load is normal. Bannerlord is optimized to use the GPU fully, to get the best performance of your GPU. This should not be an issue unless the GPU has some cooling issues.
About the sound issues, our sound engine currently can fill a thread which can cause stress in some CPU's. We are investigating and optimizing the sound usage right now, hopefully it will be fixed in one of the next patches.

well im using a gtx 1050 4gb and i dont have problem with gpu but game demanding too much ram and cpu after 30 min playing game using almost 12gb of 16 gb like wtf

I had the same problem since launch with an RX590 and 16GB RAM. I turned everything off or to low settings and switched to fullscreen. The gpu was on 100% usage and it got hot/loud to the point when I coudln't play after a few minutes. Didn't matter what I did ingame. But everything worked smooth in version e1.0.3 and e1.0.5 with the same settings. I thought you fixed it and in e1.0.4 it returned. Now it is gone again for me.

I thought it might be a process that isn't shut down or repeated indefinitely...no idea though.

.6 was running great as well and now with .7 my GPU is overheating again. And it is selected in the menu.

I tried that with .3 and the game crashed on loading xD But yes, it might be worth a try.

Goei, as a hail mary, could you go into your config file (documents/bannerlord) and go into engine_config,txt and disable sound by changing it to: disable sound = 1 (about half way down)

just wanna see how much it improves your performance.

Back
Top Bottom