Recent content by Fulkram

1. I'm done with this game.

I run no mods, and I honestly feel like there isn't really a super strong force I am afraid to fight with using my kingdom's forces, unless I am playing Khuzait...and that might be because I have never tried them. Perhaps the Aserai, the mameluke cavalry makes them scary, but their infantry is sad. I actually use Linebreakers or mamuluke palace guards for shock troops if I am running a mixed army. I actually love the sturgians for campaign play. I don't understand what your problem is.

If there is anything unbalanced with vanilla, it has to be the asarai are to strong. And I am not even certain of that. Literally the only armies I am concerned about enough to really check army comps and what not. Sturgians are not super weak or anything. I love their army comps. I feel like....maybe you suck...try delegating command during real time combat.
  2. Plz fix broken simulation! 19 cavalry vs 7 looters one heavy cavalry die!

I dunno man....have you witnessed how dangerous those pitchforks can be? I literally refuse to couch charge even a tier 0 troop if they have one. I might switch to javs or try a max range thrust attack while fading away left also wimpering. <- kidding

I mostly don't use the autoresolve unless I am trying to work my medicine skill with low tier troops. And that is kinda why, I never really thought to say anything about it, just figured, it's combat, combat is chaotic, and sometimes bad things happen, even to heavily armoured troops.

Seriously tho, be wary of those pitchfork guys.....nothing more embarrasing than getting zeroed out by a T0 scrubahotep when you got all those advantages.
  3. In Progress Blacksmith - javelins give too much XP and sell for too much

I think the stat reduction being missing is a crafted thrown weapon issue, not even sure it is a problem, I just noticed no matter what thrown weapon you craft out of your skill capacity there are no reduction. Don't go tryin to craft throwing knives and make big bucks tho, I am pretty sure prices have multiple contributing factors, damage output likely being the main contributor. I think the current system will work fine until they decide to give us something perhaps a little more linear. You can always choose not to abuse the jav issue and get by just tine, that is what I am doing with my current play through. And it is good to know I can fall back on jav abuse if what I am currelty doing gets too frustrating. (getting the unoocks I mean)
  4. NPC death

In short, I don't like it. I probably would not be posting this if the enable/disable death (what I refer to as self imposed clan griefing) actually worked properly. It actually appears as if companion death automatically enables at a certain point. Perhaps soon after your first sibling grows up...
  5. About the smithy's smithing system.

I would like to be able to hire a blacksmith companion, put them in the town (like you already can) and give him materials and a queue. I would not even mind having to purchase one of the workshops in town to accomplish this.
    I have worked my smithing in one of my games to about 65 mostly by just refining and smelting. I make almost nothing. But it also costs me nothing, it probably actually makes me a fair amount of money since I sell everything but the wood I use to make more charcoal. Fun fact, you can have all of the companions in your party use THIER stamina bars to smelt as well. it gets you allot farther allot faster as far as getting everything processed so you can bring it to market. but the waiting...is....still....aweful....they need to get rid of that stamina bar...or at least have it regenerate MUCH faster.

Took me like a year gametime to get to 65. I am gunna be an actual old man before I can make any decent gear...You need an economic clamp? clamp those prices, or have them scale significantly when someone is trying to sell 60000 swords to a market that cannot possibly need that many. I mean....you have a market flood clamp in place for commodities.....why not slap that on smithed gear too? BAH!!! sorry for the wordwall...just loved the potential of the idea but all it is amounting to for me is a cost zero commodity aquisition system. I smelt gear to material...and sell it to markets that buy at a premium. I just dont see it ever being more than that at it's current state.
  6. Archers don't shoot!

I run into that problem frequently. Usually with a different number, I usually have 400-500, and they have 1100-1200. I see two differences, none of your troops are honor troops, all of mine are. Mine will be 150ish silvermist, 150ish EB, some immortals, and the rest other knight orders.

You have a few of challenges, 1. You will be outnumbered during the fight, significantly. 2. The troops you have chosen, are only "ok" at melee. 3. You seem to have no melee.

Here is what I do, order a full charge then order my companions to follow me. I skirt around the edges to the enemy archer line. This does two things that you need done. 1. It stops the enemy archers from shooting your guys (eventually). 2. it splits the enemy charge line giving your archers a better numerical equation. I find you generally don't even have to get allot of kills when using this tactic, you just have to survive and attract the attention of about half of their melees (which my companions seem to be able to dispatch), and the archers (who like to shoot at my shield).

I don't know if it will work for you. You have top tier archers and that's good, the enemy only has a pool of 300 troops, that likely means most of them are not high tier and that's good. You only have Sarleon Armored Bowmen that's bad. The decider is going to be how much of the enemy melee line you can get to divert I think. WHO you are fighting could also be a factor, Empire and Fierd both have infantry with throwing weapons that can make your day very sad. I often get to lose my first sally against the empire and fierd. Then I get to wait a day or two to heal up and go again. The advantage coming over to my side through medic skills. Most of my guys didn't die during the first sally, most of his did.
  7. Equipment Upgrades for Knights

I would call the Silvermist armor as standard heavy armor, I took a look at a suit in the armor store a few weeks ago and it was at 50ish body. That's right on par with the low end plate armors. I think comparing it to lordly order armors or lordly elven ancient plate would be unfair. While that is lower than any of the other orders, that's still really nice for a bow unit.

I think the Knightly orders are already OP. I'm pretty sure they are supposed to be.

Those new retainers are neato, and monetarily surprising. I had a budget issue that should have resolved itself during my last war. That is, until I spread all my troops out and found myself still losing around 30k a week. I was racking my poor grey matter till I realized I had around 700 of these very expensive retainers lounging about my towns, most of them mounted increasing their upkeep by 66%. I ended up giving them all away to lords and the problem has been resolved.
  8. Prophesy of Pendor 4.0 Developer Notes

I like the blizzard comment...except the part where I always lose interest in the bliz games after about a month. I just don't see it happening with these people....top notch group, with top notch skill sets and creativity. These guys are awesome + "the worky feature".

On a more serious note, I do have to voice my disappointment. I just read that 4.0 is going to be on a whole new chunk of mud....now I have to go back to my last game and finish it to make sure I can actually finish this version at least once before the new one gets released. Do you have any idea how much fun I was having getting 2/3 the way there and starting over for some silly isoteric reason?

Ok, I'm not really disappointed, but you have moved up my timetable...I had assumed everything was going to be the same with some added awesome, that is till recently.
  9. Hardest mod ever?

Crosby 4HyG said:
    Interesting, I'm sorry I questioned the legitimacy of your funds sir! I agree with most of your strategies with a few exceptions.

Firstly I don't put more than 5 or maybe 6 into leadership. I just don't find that the increased 10 troop limit is worth it when there's perks like trainer, surgery, and path finding. I realize that path finding is a weak perk in many people's eyes, but if you're not using ctrl + click to teleport your massive horde around Pendor to defend your fiefs, it is a must if you're going to run an army of predominantly archers/infantry like I do, (because they move like a herd of turtles). Furthermore I find leadership just doesn't cut the mustard when I can increase my troop limit incredibly fast with the amount of renown I can acquire. My current limit is 560 I believe and that's with 5 leadership, at level 48 day 850ish.

The only other strategy of yours I'd change is to give away some troops to your lords. 2k troops in any center is generally way too many, even if it's your capital. Don't you have a few powerful lords who are at devoted relation to you? Hook those guys up with some expensive troops and try to bring that center down to around the 1k mark.

Other than that you're doing very well for yourself, that sounds like an enjoyable end-game. The reason I questioned your funds was because you made it sound like you had brought every single Pendor order up to at least 5th tier, and I don't care how well you've planned your finances that's almost an impossible feat if you want to have any money for upgrading regular troops and getting yourself decent gear. Anyway cheers mate, sorry to have implied that you were a cheating scoundrel.

I didn't take offense, sorry if I came off that way. The leadership is less about the troop levels are more about the 5% decrease if troop costs per point of leadership. When you keep as many towns as you can gets your hands on, leadership skill will pay you dividends in troop wage savings.

About Ethos, I didn't raise up the 2k army there to keep as a garrison, I was preparing for a major campaign. I was going to sweep, 3 castles and 2 towns. Of course the bastages sued for peace just as I started moving some of them out for the first capture. Thusly, I got stuck with 2k high tier troops in one town soaking up my budget. It's ok, I ended up running a bunch of them into the two noldor lords that had spawned (didn't get any qualis gems out of it :mad:), but I did lower my budget losses down to 5-10k a week. Still waiting on war however, <sigh> guess I get to hunt brigands, and join tournaments till someone provokes me or one of my provocations actually gets me into war.

I should note, I did do a couple things that could be considered cheating in retrospect. I increased the amount of money that merchants carry (they weren't keeping enough money to buy all my loot). I also doubled the odds of a town holding a tournament once the amount of tournaments got below the minimum level.....so that could be considered cheating. The tournament thing tends to make me pretty good money. Probably 60k-100k a month when I am not at war.

I haven't brought up all the night orders to level 5 yet....but....I....will....
  10. Huzzah! We are the Jatu!

If the horse is gonna hit the line...what's gonna happen is the sticks are going to brake. There are no 3, 4, or 5 sticks that are going to stop a 2000 pound object moving at 30-40 miles per hour. I won't argue that the cavalry line is probably going to get killed, but those front line pikemen are going to be in a very bad way, the guys right behind them aren't going to make out super well either. The sticks simply are not strong enough to absorb or displace that amount of energy.

War horses used during the medieval period weighed in between 1500-2000 pounds (supposedly). The ancestors of today's larger horse breeds like Clydesdale horses. Are you seriously trying to suggest that a STICK or even a half dozen sticks are going to stop one of these monsters COLD? Where not even talking about a line or wedge of them, just show me some math that says you can stop ONE. Two thousand pound object...30-40 miles per hour...3-6 STICKS....no....
  11. Prophecy of Pendor Tournaments are too hard!

Think of it like this, if they were easy enough to win every single one of them, you couldn't get the 20k payouts for the ones you do win. I probably win about half of the tournaments I enter. That's net positive moola. I also tend to be pretty aggressive too.
  12. WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

Can someone tell me how to post my screenshots here? I have a weird bug where Lord Lethandrian has my doppleganger as one of his minions....as neato as that is, I don't think it's right, I would like to post a screen of it and hopefully get some ideas on how to fix it. Also, can someone tell me how to get the battle size to be over 150? I would love to go there however I do not currently have that option available to me.
  13. Hardest mod ever?

That's 1.25mil for just the 8th upgrade, you still have to front another million to get to the 7th (don't forget about prestige as well). In the current play through I am on I am on day 1000ish and have Laria, Ethos, Janos and about all the castles around the those, a pretty good pile of lords. I personally own all three towns and a few castles I am saving to build up the RoCCs I built there and to give away to the lords I capture in the next war I get into.

The making money part isn't that difficult. Sadly, spending it is WAY too easy. But for making money here is my strategy. Keep the garrisons primarily with low born units. The number is usually around 300ish top tier Pendor Troops (they be cheap). When I need to defend I show up with my sapphire bow and my ruby glaive and make bad things happen to ladder climbers (OMG I love the ruby glaive for siege defense). I have businesses in every town that usually nets me around 600-900 each. during wartime you hunt and kill EVERY lord army you can find. This generally nets me around 40k a week all by itself. The low garrisons and enterprises keeps me between 10-30k a week (I have not discovered why the number varies so much, I have a feeling it has something to do with troop levels). Right now I am in the red during peacetime without my farming because peace came right at the end of a huger troop build up. I got 2k troops in Ethos, and over half of them are nobles.....about 600 of those nobles are honor troops...-50k a week is the sux. Between tournaments and farming I am USUALLY able to stay in the black however. I am loathe to give away enough honor troops to make my budget more managable....I just need to hold out long enough to get to the next war.....then I have enough troops to take 4 centers before I have to stop and digest. I did drop 200 mounted men at arms on a Saramish village party once after a battle...I just wanted to see if they would take them. That village party is still running goods from Saramish to Ethos btw....made it through like 3 wars. They even have a pile of prisoners....I have even been thinking about doing that with throughout my kingdom.

As far as current knight improvements. Griffon 5, Clarion Call 0, Falcon 5, Radiant Cross 5, Immortal 0. I'm not dialing up immortals until I smash Marius once and for all, and I am not dialing up Clarion Call until I have some extra cash on hand. I have just over 1 million and my current economic situation says I need to save my dough.

OH!! I also keep the leadership high...my current is 9. HUGE difference when ur managing multiple garrisons AND an army. Also, I have never gotten to level 50...who get's to level 50?!? best I have managed is 44.
  14. Why do you like Prophesy of Pendor

High Chivalry....I think when you start to look at what most everyone is saying you will find that most of us really like that period in time. This mod magnifies our visions of that to epic levels. We all know that the real high chivalry period wasn't nearly as chivalrous and gallant as we'd like it to be....but in Pendor, it is. You don't get to be the god of the battlefield so much as you get to be one of many gods on the battlefield. Everyone who posts here lines their honor troops on the battlefield sometimes for no other reason than to see their splendor....
  15. Hardest mod ever?

I don't think it's too hard....I will say that I was sad when I stabbed the winged demon with my couched lance and it didn't die. But HEY!! IT'S A GAWDAMN DEMON RIDING A DEMONHORSE!!! IT SHOULD BE TOUGH!!

The part I love most about the game play is the soldier levels. Native get's easy at about level 30 because the best troops out there are level 27 Swadian Knights. The devs didn't simply cheat the units tougher (at least most of them....I'm lookin at YOU demonic magnus). They made them higher level and gave them skills and stats and equipment that accentuated the badassery.

And who the hell only dials up their honor units 4 times?!? I dial up my griffon knights 8 times and everyone else get's 5. I like to revive all the knighthood orders but eventide (they really REALLY hate me). I have this vision of uniting Pendor using all of the knightly orders. I would dial up the griffon knights more but that 8th wack is a smooth 1.25mil. I didn't even look at the cost of the 9th.
Back
Top Bottom