Recent content by Falrinth

1. Falrinth

Youtube claims that NW soundtrack doesnt belong to the game's authors.

MaHuD said:
    Fair use exists in the Polish law and are covered by the Polish copyright law articles 23 to 35.
    Compared to the United States, Polish fair use distinguishes between private and public use. In Poland, when the use is public, its use risks fines. The defendant must also prove that his use was private when accused that it was not, or that other mitigating circumstances apply. Finally, Polish law treats all cases in which private material was made public as a potential copyright infringement, where fair use cannot apply.
    But I do admit, like I said previously, that I am not an expert, infact I am far away from it. But AFAIK, "fair use" has always been shadily used on youtube.

That must be some outdated informations.

Fair use in Poland and in plenty if not most countries doesnt apply only to private or uncommercial use. If so you woudlnt be seeing any reviews at all and public good would vanish totally - the market would be crippled and authors themselfs would struggle to gain any popularity by themselfs. The current law says its fair use when:

1. You use the fragments of the materials to add commentary, review, instructions etc.
    2. The final creation must have added value to the materials (creative effort must have been invested)
    3. the creation doesnt harm the financial interests of the owners of the materials (unless its critique when its neccesary to show example of materials to support it)

Thats basically it :smile:
  2. Falrinth

Thank you Rudovich!

MaHuD said:
    Besides, you are using the music outside the game.
    Which would technicly no longer fall under NW's license.
    Rather it would be YOU who is breaking copyright.  :lol:

No really MaHuD,

Im creating video with commentary that falls under so called "fair use" of the materials used to this video. The materials (the game) containts, models, graphics, animations, musics and sounds. If its in the game, it falls under this law. But thats not the issue here. Its not the game's authors, nor the music stock shop that sold them the materials that is claiming rights to this music... it is some other 3rd party that thinks its theirs and that im adding their music to my video of someone else's game.
  3. Falrinth

Can someone give me the author as a proof its not the guys claiming its theirs?
  4. Falrinth

Is that true? I have created a movie about NW's melee combat with the ending where im using the music straight from the game (its in the folder "music"and its called "hummel_rondo.ogg"). Youtube says its: "Hummel, Johann Nepomuk-Rondo In E Flat-Extreme Music" and the copyright owner "AdRev for...
  5. Falrinth

Any guide how to aim at greater distances?

Im always confused at great distances when i have to aim... I dont know how much the bullet drops and how high should i aim :/ Anyone know some good guide, movie perhaps?
  6. Falrinth

The "spear" (including lance, bayonets) stabs with spins should be fixed.

Hekko said:
    N.b. I am not, never have been, never will be a spinner.

Nice comparison of things, albiet, I think you messed it up with the groups for the three middle frames, since it should be noobs in those three as well.

Lets be brutally clear about one thing here. Spinning never was an efficient way to end 1v1s against decent players, if you had a problem against spinners the problem was located between your chair and keyboard.

Now with the advent of the upstab it does introduce a new threat to the mix, and as such toning it down a bit may be warranted, but the other symptoms that we get from this at the moment feel too much, and as such any further decrease should be completly out of the question. If anything we should be asking ourselves "how much should the turning speed be increased"

N.b. I am not, never have been, never will be a spinner.

Hehe, dont worry im just joking. But the fact is, you also see them doing crazy fast moves, but you with youry years of experience know how to deal with it, while majority of players dont, cause in such situations you can rely much on what you see :/
  7. Falrinth

http://whatot.com/whatots/190

2777e30076c8012f774b0600c21ce599.jpg
  8. Falrinth

Vicnaire said:
    just have to say this, if you are point blank with an opponent the attack will do little or no damage there has to be some distance there so you cant just "hug" the person attacks have a minimum distance to do damage i believe because that's what I see all the time, people stab me point blank, i hear the attack like it sounds normally but did almost no damage then i backed up stabbed him and killed him.

if you think NW is going to lose its playerbase that won't simply happen maybe in a couple years if updates dont come out but people like how this game is with the majority of things, people wont leave because of a couple people spinning and even so if so spinners are easy to deal with because they probably wont be blocking so just back up and overhead attack them at a distance

as stated before its easy to deal with, people in reality can avoid stabs by side stepping or moving quickly past you. otherwise melee would be nothing but attack block attack block attack block and whoever had more people would probably win when in reality it was about skill moving away from attacks and avoiding them and engaging someone else, side stepping making someone TK, I'd say its more of a skill than an exploit

Interesting... I find it curious then that i get insta-killed by spinstab while hugging someone and you say it deals close to zero dmg... :grin:
    Its funny how lolspinners defend the lolspins saying otherwise it would be attack-block-attack-block indefinitely... They seem to forget about feinting, kicks and chamber blocks.
    While we are at chamber blocking i would make it have bigger window of opportunity to kicks in, this way fights would look more like attack-chamber-chamber-chamber-untill someone fails with it :smile:
  9. Falrinth

Cavalry are Rubbish

What i would like to see is the dead horse having some projectiel mechanic... Its so wrong when you charge someone with huge speed on heavy horse, he stabs killing both horse and rider, and the horse with the rider simply ghost-pass the one who stabbed them... It should have some physics, so even dead heavy horse with huge momentum should knock down and badly dmg the one it hits...

In NW cav gets disadventage in plenty of forms (no reloading on the move, short lances, anti-cav wepaons everywhere), so it should get some buff aswell - and i agree with the OP, the momentum of the heavy horse should be dangerous. Ninja suprise attacks are for light cavalry, not heavy cav on heavy horses.... Their strenght was momentum and in the game its not present :/
  10. Falrinth

Evanovic said:
    RoyaleWithCheese said:
    I totally get that you want to see some more dynamism in NW's melee, but I don't see how something as patently ridiculous as spinstabbing really offers this. Also, please don't use the realism argument to defend this so-called "tactic," because spinning in game simply DOES NOT reflect the variability of stabbing in real life. Of course, theoretically, someone could react quick enough to turn around and stab, but this game's animations and mechanics simply can't capture that level of reality. And besides, spinstabbing is pretty stupid "compensation" for these shortcomings, for aesthetic reasons alone. You know what spinstabbing would actually look like IRL?

I would rather have poor animation aesthetics that results in there being that more realistic (if not slightly exaggertated for competitive purposes) level of dynamism. After all isn't this what we already have with the awful blocking representation? It looks pretty unrealistic but it's representing a realistic action and allowing for competitive play. And blocking is hardly representing variability in real life either.

The main reason this 'feature' gets such scrutiny is that people can tag 'cheap mechanic exploit' on it due to it not necessarily being intended by the original Warband developers. This is where is differs from the blocking, however, just because it was an unintended phenomenon it doesn't make it an automatic fault. I for one believe it's contributed to the melee that made MM so popular in the long-run for many players.

Because the most debated and subjective part of this issue is the realism, I'm going to put forward more of a case for that level of dynamism being realistic. The best example I can think of at the moment is in The Last Samurai film when T.Cruise 'spins' or 'flails' in order to fend off 4 other soldiers. Yes, it may be a film, but it shows how one is physically capable of using a polearm at great speed and with agility. Picture this in real life but with a lot more adrenaline and fight-to-the-death instincts going through the defender's head: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S77c72lJ2gM

Furthermore I want to allude to it not being suprising that fighting with bayonets could have been very chaotic and included many fast turning movements, after all, it's those people's lives at stake. You can see examples of this in the latter battle scenes, although not too explicitly sadly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHkxUiE1Vxo#t=3m03s

Moreover, spinning is certainly no 'auto-win' tactic. It only truly works when isolated and surrounded by many enemies. I wouldn't even go as far as to call it a separate 'tactic' or 'feature' - it's fundamentaly the turning mechanic, and limiting the turning speed has big implications for the competitiveness and general ability to display skill in the game. A fast turning speed is the prerequesite to using: stab, block, chamberblock, feint, kick, dummy stab, etc. on other players. If you can't turn fast enough to face an enemy player then you don't allow that player to even attempt to use said 'skills'; it makes the control of the game result much less internalised and individual.

Some people are claiming that this then makes the game more about teamwork due to numbers being more important, but this is total fallacy. It should take skill to make good teamwork, not simply numbers to guarantee victory. Simply sticking together in a blob and being numerous is not teamwork that you would consider at all reliant on intellect or understanding between teammates, it's just uncompetitive and almost a predecided affair; disadvantaging the skilled individual even more and preventing him/her from impacting the game.

Coming from someone with 2000 hours experience with musket melee combat, not even being a particularly frequent 'lolspinner', I know having relatively fast turning speed gleans enough realism and competitive gameplay benefits to exist. I've played in tournaments, regiments and a lot on the public servers, and the thing that kept me going far beyond after all aesthetic and gimmicky aspects wore-off was the high skill-ceiling in the melee gameplay that was partly enabled due to the fast turning speeds in MM. I do not advocate a return to the MM turning speed, as even I will admit it was a bit too fast, but I do ask for a slight increase in the current turning speed and a certain 'no-go' in the direction of slower turning speeds.

Polearm is polearm... Spear is supposed to be used for stabbing purposes, not spin swings or magically upward swing trough the ground. And stabbing someone with huge speed standing right next to him is ridiculous and it IS exploit which sohuld be fixed - in such situations sabres should have huge adventage - becouse when someone is so close to you you should have no real chance of stabbing him... and right now in the game spears are even more deadly if you are hugging the spear-wielder... cause he can magically stab you almosti nstantly. There should be dead-zone for stabs so spear-wielders (and bayonets users) should try hard to keep that optimal distance with footwork and kicks.

I understund that you (a person with so many years experience in single game) want to keep all the adventages you learned. But as a player who plays variety of games and work (as majority of players do) such shape of things are gamebraking and devs gonna keep only fraction of playerbase - the die hards exploit users who are like neo in matrix. You must understund that noone wants to be that gray matrix-plugged man-battery. We want to have chances in melee - we want it to be intuitive, and with all this exploit abusing its hardly intuitive. Now reflexes doesnt play big role... the knowledge of exploits do. And its wrong.
  11. Falrinth

Yukimura_Sanada said:
    I Agree with the OP, I was in a duel and he was spinning so fast he always stabbed earlier than I could attack with my sword.

Yeah, they are stabbing faster with two-hand rifle with bayonet than you can swing with sabre that way >.<

RoyaleWithCheese said:
    You know what spinstabbing would actually look like IRL?

This:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPPj6viIBmU

hahaha, indeed... Thats what i see in the game right now - but sadly its deadly >.<
  12. Falrinth

bright white/pinkish flashes

i have latest drivers already. The poster above must be wrong - victim of autosuggestion i believe. :smile:
  13. Falrinth

Cant get as good visuals from NW as i got in Warband. (the blur glow overlay)

But the blur/glow screen overlay is not bound to shader model, is it? And it always adds to the visuals (the screens on the right side on the comparisions)
  14. Falrinth

hehe they got a specific name already in the community? :wink:
  15. Falrinth

The unnaturally, fast turning spins with melee weapons using common spear mechanic should be fixed the way that its impossible to turn quick while stabbing... For all players but those who like the unnaturally high spins where they dont even see enemy and just spins blindly like crazy to get...
Back
Top Bottom