Recent content by Emil

1. Emil

Devs - What are you even doing?

I thought the developers had developed a "dynamic" flow of server capacity for its competitive matchmaking system which delayed what everyone truly wanted, that is custom servers. Now that "dynamic" capacity raising mechanics isn't working for the masterserver/masterlist huh.
    Good impressions in front of an audience of 41.000 viewers. You're done ****ed up. Just returned to say that.

image.png
  2. Emil

Patch Notes v1.1.0

Could you guys update the documentation for the Linux server files?
    It would be helpful to know the correct executable and dotnet version.
  3. Emil

Custom Servers Beta Test & Battle Mode

No, no, Emil. Why are they taking revenge on NWRP?
    Our past is tainted and thus we're forever the black sheep in the family.
    Either way, I saw the server files are being rolled out, but really, no Linux server files upon launch? This is year 2020, not 1920 @TaleWorlds.
  4. Emil

Custom Servers Beta Test & Battle Mode

For real. Half of NA tdm and siege matches are Sturgia (one of the worst factions) vs. Vlandia (one of the best factions) because for some reason that's the default. Not sure why it can't be randomized but yeah it's getting old fast.
    What a joke. Testing servers and ending up with a bunch of similar ones instead of inviting historically organized public servers like ours.
    Wouldn't be surprising if TW has a personal vendetta against NWRP by now.
  5. Emil

What happened to the promised Bannerlord Fan-made Steam Group giveaway?

Sorry for necroing, but I'm still waiting for that sweet free copy of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord.
  6. Emil

EU NW Battle Open NWRP N&S Campaign

Campaign map is now up at https://nwrp.eu/campaign
    Event will likely occur on the NW_Public_Events server
    Download the North & South mod for Warband at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfhejsnWXHALe_6wqBU_HwKYMV3PLN80/view
  7. Emil

Calendar Entry Requests

Event name: NWRP N&S Campaign
    Event thread link: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/nwrp-n-s-campaign.445296/
    Event date & time: Saturday, September 18th at 8 PM BST
    Sign-up thread link (optional): N/A
    Sign-ups end on (optional): N/A
    Previously completed events: NW Campaigns, annual Waterloo and Austerlitz events, daily activities on the NARC server.
  8. Emil

Bannerlord was a gift

Its honestly a pretty good argument. No matter how much we complain, I doubt, that anyone here has less than 300 hours in Bannerlord and it certainly did pay off. However, that doesent mean we dont have to improve it and not fill all its potential.
    It's a pro-argument for sure, but hours played isn't equal to hours you've had fun, and before someone says why play a game which isn't always fun: the rewards or success after a heavy grind in a MMO, RPG or RTS is what makes a game fun and addictive. What I discovered after playing the campaign as the patches rolled out throughout the months was that it was not rewarding enough, therefore I'd rather look at those hours as wasted and ultimately made the game even more expensive. Most of my hours are currently from the multiplayer or thr Bannerlord Online mod.
  9. Emil

Bannerlord was a gift

Most games go for 60$
    Yes, they purposefully utilized the same sweet spot psychology used by massive corporations to maximize profit by releasing an unfinished game. What a thoughtful gift!
  10. Emil

Bannerlord was a grift

I like how the "biggest" released Bannerlordmod atm is a Game of Thrones "overhaul" mod which is 99% bought assets thrown together with no plan or modding ability by one single guy, yet people on Youtube, Twitter and Steam still believe that mod is going to be "great". They even support it on Patreon! Oh boy, the ignorance within this "new"community TW decided to make their game for...
    At this point, I can't even write down my opinion anymore because the words I would have to use would probably get me muted or banned. Just one thing that needs to be said: screw ****ers like that trying to make money based on expectations from Warband modders' previous unpaid work, **** them all, bloody bastards need to be cleansed. The audacity of calling that an "overhaul" and even making a Patreon for it....
    Yeah, people need to be very critical of mods and not throw money on what they'd like to see, but rather what they can see. The mod has been deleted from moddb which is a questionable move in itself and the developer appear to contain it to his own website without much possibility for public critique, and I don't see a thread about the mod here.
    That would be true if you had said 2005-2007, but by the time Warband came out Steam was already the frontrunner in digital video game sales platforms. Still, you're right that Warband was available through several sources and many of the forum users at the time picked it up directly from TW. There was also an issue that came up several times with keys bought elsewhere not being the proper format for activation on Steam, and this surely contributed to some extent (though probably minor).
    You would think a Swede would get Steam asap for Counter-Strike, but that wasn't the case for me. I only got Steam at the start of 2009 due to Empire: Total War being one of the first games requiring activation through the DRM-service for me, even though it required two CD-roms for the installation itself (as it had a massive size for its time with ~40 GB). :mad:
    sO54obL.png
    Aside from history and onto a rather controversial topic, our community still has monthly visits from players who either cannot afford the game, has no ability to pay for stuff online and are looking for someone with extra Steam keys, as they want to explore the Warband MP for the first time, or be able to earn Steam achievements. They might be from the pirate community, or not, it's not like we ask. :???: But yeah, there are players unaccounted for in Warband.
  11. Emil

Taleworlds, it's time to shut down this multiplayer

It wouldn't matter. Those who doesn't enjoy it has already left. Sure, some might go online from time to time only to be disappointed again. What will matter is the question; how to revigorate the multiplayer (and game) again?

It'd require TW to actively support the currently stunlocked modders and server communities by advertising those when they come online or available. Otherwise, you cannot expect an influx of newcomers, nor for them to remain, even with total overhaul mods or custom servers.

Compare it to how it'd turn out would the first Mount and Blade go on sale (as it probably is right now during the Summer sales), and compare the sales if TW would actively rather advertise the relatable LoTR mod in the game. The latter would probably give more sales, but also require more work as TW need to understand what its own community is all about, and risk advertising something which isn't inherently their own idea.
  12. Emil

Bannerlord was a grift

It is odd that Warband does not have a release peak.
    It was years and years ago, but I purchased my first copy of Mount and Blade on Amazon without any Steam activation needed whatsoever, and tend to remember that even Warband had the same options. You have to remember that Steam was still was quite new as a DRM service back in 2008-2010 and not many games were supported then aside from Valves own games, thus many players didn't feel the need to use it. So that could explain why a large chunk of the player population never has been accounted for through Steam statistics.
  13. Emil

Bannerlord was a grift

but I think their neglect <snip> will hurt them in the future.
    Many are hopeful for TW to suddenly change the same behavior they've kept for the last ten years ever since the first concept of Bannerlord.
    Why would that happen out of blue though?

We may debate the consequences for the next couple of years, even then the truth won't be truth, as the future will likely be similar to the situation now where a small, but continuous stream of optimistic players show up on these forums, as the past optimists descend into cynicism, and debate each others. It's evident from those playing and giving their feedback throughout the beta compared to those who just recently began interactions with the community, without knowledge of what was promised years ago in devblogs, forum posts, or felt the expectations of the community shatter.
  14. Emil

Bannerlord was a grift

When I see people praising the Bannerlord Online Mod for all the wrong reasons, I just cringe. Bannerlord Online is not a co-op campaign. In fact, most of the campaign behaviours are removed from it for it to work and that is what I can tell from all the obfuscated code that it has. A playable co-op campaign would with all the features of a single-player campaign indeed be hard to develop as the devs claim.
    I'm pretty sure no-one has claimed the mod is meant as a co-op campaign to begin with, even the developer has had to clarify his intention to a bunch of small-brains in the past. However, they're getting there, as they're soon to release factions of which players can pledge allegiance to within a few updates, and there's already ''Wildlands'' which is a PvP area in-game, as well as trading between players, making it more of an open-world RPG. Clearly they've had to recode things to work in the multiplayer. I find it funny when people expect this sole modder to have everything complete, plus more on day 1, especially when TW does, per your own rhetorics, obfuscate their code too. Anyway, BO has a rather clear roadmap on their discord compared to other studios.
Back
Top Bottom