Bannerlord was a gift

Users who are viewing this thread

I can´t even play open field battles without the realistic battle mod (at least the devs are now talking to those modders).
Realistic battle mod looks amazing. From reading the description on Nexus it looks like it incorporates a lot of things I've been saying about Bannerlord's combat issues. I definitely have to check it out.

hat.jpg
shakeee.jpg

I don´t argue with trolls. I´m a troll myself. I can play "the game" dude.

You said you´re only interested in battles and that you don´t care about diplomancy, as one example. That was a good troll post and it worked.

You´re also not the first one that said something like "x,xx€ per hour playtime" so it´s the best game ever. TW just delayed their EA release, removed features that they announced and so on. It´s ok if you love the game. It´s ok that you think that everyone needs to love the game. But for me, you are just a troll (and it´s ok if you think the same about me). Or just interested in open field battles, because they´re "good" compared to all of the other stuff that some player expected from Bannerlord.

I can´t even play open field battles without the realistic battle mod (at least the devs are now talking to those modders).
I don't think you are a troll, even if you say you are. I think you are genuinely disappointed by the game and share your frustrations with this board. I went in with zero expectations and was pleasantly surprised by Bannerlord and its scale.

Also, don't put words in my mouth. I'm not interested in only battles, I do care about diplomacy, just don't want something that will be so involved that you have to plan for hours before getting to a battle. But that's for another thread.

I agree that there are things that can be improved in the game, I am not a complete fan-boy even if it may appear like it sometimes. I too want some new features and improvements for the game. Slightly longer and grittier battles is one. And an end to the jittering that occurs in battle is another.

I don't think you are a troll, even if you say you are. I think you are genuinely disappointed by the game and share your frustrations with this board. I went in with zero expectations and was pleasantly surprised by Bannerlord and its scale.

Also, don't put words in my mouth. I'm not interested in only battles, I do care about diplomacy, just don't want something that will be so involved that you have to plan for hours before getting to a battle. But that's for another thread.

I agree that there are things that can be improved in the game, I am not a complete fan-boy even if it may appear like it sometimes. I too want some new features and improvements for the game. Slightly longer and grittier battles is one. And an end to the jittering that occurs in battle is another.

"I'm not only interested in battles" ..... but the "new features and improvements" I would like for the game.. are both about battles.

"I'm not only interested in battles" ..... but the new features and improvements I would like for the game are both about battles. lol
I mentioned two features out of many that I am interested in and you jump to conclusions like a dog to food... Alright, let me give you a list.

-Assassins hunting the player.
-More arena options/fights/improvements.
-Court intrigue and factions within factions/politics.
-Some diplomacy.
-Battle improvements.
-Castle notables to recruit noble troops from.
Meh, I could go on...

Really? that's good news =D
The dev talking to modders I mean..
That´s what I´ve read here.

Hours? We are far away from that, "you" don´t even have to invest a minute into this...

Bannerlord is a gift to us all from TaleWorlds.
It wasn't gifted to me, I bought it with hard-earned money.
Most games go for 60$ and provide only a limited time of gameplay before going stale.
"Most" games aren't 60$. Triple-A titles are, and except from some stinkers those that are usually have far higher production values and don't have such a repetitive game loop after a 10+ years development time. Sandbox games are also *designed* to be replayable for many hundreds if not thousands of hours.
If we take Bannerlord and round the price up to 50$ and play for 500 hours, then that is 0,1$ per hour, basically free. Let's say you go out with a friend and buy him a drink, and he gifts you a pen. That pen can be used for a long time before breaking down, and the only real investment you made was giving your friend a drink.
This is an absurd example, far from being applicable in the case of digital goods. But... if you really wanted to go that route as many are doing these days I could tell you that you're avoiding including the electric bill, the monthly fee of your internet access required to download/play online, the cash you could literally earn if you were working instead of playing, the MTBF of your GPU, PSU and CPU and the difference between that enjoyment or that you could have experienced while doing something else. Sounds absurd, right? Right. So was your example.

I have a wonderful tea cup bought in the UK in 1998 and have used it to drink tea thousands of times. I payed it something like 3 pounds back then. I'm not going to tell you that cup was a wonderful investment, I'm attached to it because it's part of my daily routine and has been so for many years, but another cup would have done the same job the same identical way. It's not that different with video games, or I could say that Morrowind (according to my playtime) was worth 2500 dollars for 20 years old me.
This applies here as well. We are friends with TaleWorlds because Warband was given to us in the past and now they've upped their game and given us Bannerlord.
We aren't friends with Taleworlds at all. We gave them money in exchange for a product. The previous product was satisfactory for many and enjoyed by lots of people all over the world. That made them, at the time, a good company with good business sense. Then they came out with an inferior product (given the time between the titles and the team behind it being huge compared to that they had before) which costed more and was much more unstable. That makes them a dubious company, either unable or unwilling to do their job properly. Stop being friendly with corporations and companies, THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS and you shouldn't view them as friends either.
We are grateful to have been able to enjoy so much time with Bannerlord and for being able to enjoy it further into the future.
I'm not grateful for having playtested a broken mess for a hundred hours or so. As for the future... we shall see, won't we? I'm not a prophet, but neither are you.
Bannerlord was a gift.
I never payed 50 bucks for a gift. That would have made every Christmas I celebrated when I was a kid very weird.
"Mom, here's 50 bucks!"
"Thanks honey, take this sweater!"
Seriously, if this was a bait it's a bait to master-bait to, but if it's serious I'm absolutely puzzled and flabbergasted.

@ShakenSpeare
You should see what I wrote to Blunted a few posts back... I did not exactly turn it against him, even if he himself said he was a troll.

@Aurex
Saying that Bannerlord is an inferior product is a very subjective opinion. Also your example was terrible. I already detailed why working shouldn't be taken into the calculation, but I guess you aren't a person who reads much.

@MostBlunted and @stevepine
Calling me a troll is the only tool you have left. I pitty you. Your lack of arguments go in my favour. Just because I am far removed from your opinions does not make me a troll.

I am serious about this. For me Bannerlord was a gift from the developers and team at TaleWorlds, and they have delivered it nicely. Can it improve? Yes. Will it improve? Most likely.

Saying that Bannerlord is an inferior product is a very subjective opinion. Also your example was terrible. I already detailed why working shouldn't be taken into the calculation, but I guess you aren't a person who reads much.
My example was terrible on purpose, for it followed your line of reasoning.
As for you silly ad hominem there, I could stake my life on having read more books than you ever will.

Also, edit. Bannerlord being an inferior product is not a subjective opinion at all. Its value has to do with the circumstances of its development and the time it took to make it, alongside the status of the competition and the market in general. You can only value Bannerlord as you would have valued Warband the year it came out - time is a very important factor. You wouldn't say Daggerfall is a great game if it came out in 2021, but you could have absolutely said that in 1996. It is a product created with older technology and with a game design so flawed it uses exploits as crutches. It has *objectively* worse multiplayer than Warband. It has *objectively* fewer people in multiplayer than Napoleonic Wars, itself a DLC.

Last edited:
You mean to say you have no spare time at all?
Nope and time won't spare you either. ?⌛?

actually the true cost of bannerlord is

(Game Price) + (Game Hours X Hourly Salary)

So, for example, your entertainment cost per hour of 500 BL hours at a minimum wage of $15 per hour, plus the 'base' game, is $7,550.

I hope BL is worth that much (or maybe more!) to you :grin:
+???

ay yo, this is some poetry sh*t
especially this one
We are friends with TaleWorlds because Warband was given to us in the past and now they've upped their game and given us Bannerlord.
0mdFy8Y.png

I am sorry but outside of graphics and maybe physics they did not improve on anything.
It's not a terrible game, just very mediocre compared to Warband.

Stop being friendly with corporations and companies, THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS and you shouldn't view them as friends either.
One-way friendship is also magic. The magic part for company friends is reliving the drama of not being loved by their father, but pretending they are loved anyway.

@Aurex
So bashing MP is the only argument you have? I agree though, that MP can be improved. But singleplayer bannerlord is very good and not an inferior product. It beats most games out there.

@MostBlunted
I find your lack of hope... disturbing.

@MadVader
I knew you wouldn't face my comment I made about your job and its connection to why you speak dirty.

Back
Top Bottom