Recent content by ellwoodis

1. [SPOILER] Iniau's horn (quest from king of rheged)

He still doesn't accept the quest as completed.
    You have to talk "warrior to warrior" then choose "I killed this scit with horn"
    If you ask for for another quest, he will trigger the scout party again with the same quest.
    However, you can't get the horn to complete it because the caves are no longer accessible.
  2. Docile lords? Not in the large factions.

A new dynamic that is positive and negative is that landless lords seem to quickly join the conqueror. In previous mods, the Lords would be found floating around various great halls, unwilling to give up their relation to their king.

Has anyone else seen this?  I was startled when I went to the Great Hall in Penwern and found 12 vassals of the king.
    In previous mods, it was rare to find a Lord who switch allegiances, even after losing their land.
    Of course, I never played pass day 220.

This is dangerous in that it enables the steamroller dynamic.
    It is positive in that it MAY allow one to recruit Lords easier to a new faction.
  3. Docile lords? Not in the large factions.

I have read numerous complaints of Lords being too docile. There may be substance to this, but in prior versions, the Lords always failed at seiges. They would just raid villages then head back home to party. The only way to take a town was to wait until after it was taken by another lord the...
  4. BUG Reports v 1.394 (Read first page before post)

I have -2 with the villages where I either collected taxes or failed the save the village quest.
    Most villages I'm at 0.

My complaint is the Hrunting quest doesn't seem to work. I visited all the triggers in sequential order.
    I fought and defeated Dhryten in Caer Maungid.

But the Bard Afin Ferdug at Din Gonwy just asks me "What do you want?"

Is there a way to retrigger this quest? Returning to Din Eidyn bard causes him to do his little spiel, but it doesn't retrigger the bard at Gonwy.
  5. Largest stable companion parties in Brytenwalda (spoilers)

TweakMB.
    Don't touch the options to deal with complaints or deserters in Tweak. Their is an inactive line in menus.txt with that threat, but it is never used.
    Any change to menus.txt in TWeakMB seems to cause Brytenwalda to crash.
    I would be interested in seeing if the stable party think works out.
    I've been using it for all my games, but find that half-formed stable parties are quite unstable.
    I have rarely had any problems with Ciniod around even though he's out of the good stable party.
  6. Mod Tweak: Expanded Armor/Weapon Merchant Inventories

Is this included in 1.394 update released yesterday?
    I tried to replace the itemkinds with this one and the game crashed with the note: too many lines in itemkinds
  7. How open the minimap in the battle screen?

I've been playing this for 2 years now and have run into this problem on rare occasions. It usually goes away with the next patch. There should be  minimap showing our relative locations in the top left/right corner of the screen. Please advise on how I can open it? or what hotfix will correct it?
  8. Shield animation

They added that new pose in version 3.92 if I recall.
    They believe it improved something like battle performance.
    I don't know why?
    Can someone comment?
  9. POLL: Want you a future Brytenwalda expansion? You Choose (Read before voting)

On the other hand, the recent Fire and Sword Mod and the Napoleonic War game have catered to northern european audiences. France, Germany, Poland, Russia.
    These audiences will be drawn into a charlemagne or Holy Roman Empire Mod.

Steam stats will tell you the origin of gamers for many games.The South American gamer audience is huge on Steam if you look at the players of Civ 5. What can we do to get them to play Warband?
    You will also see many Americans more attracted to a Spain game than Napoleon. Most of us these days are required to learn spanish in high school and college yet don't learn its history.

I would like to see a Visigothic campaign with elements of old rome, moors, viking raiders and maybe an old version of el cid.

Maybe it will shore up Spanish confidence before they exit from the European Union?
  10. POLL: Want you a future Brytenwalda expansion? You Choose (Read before voting)

A large percent of your players are from America and claim British/Irish/Scottish ancestry.
    Vikings would at least allow us to piggyback on that.
    Roman Invasion still draws interest because of the British link
    We  might lose alot of interested players with a Spain mod.
    I would personally find Spain interesting because it mirrors the religious rivalry you see in Native.
    Does Warband pull in a lot of Spanish subscribers?
    From reports, I read that Latin America prefers hacked recent games over actually playing an actual old game with great mods that's advertised primarily through Steam.
    Are they playing this game?
    I see a lot of interest from Russia, Poland, China and Germany on these boards, but not from spain on these boards.
  11. Enemy of Factions Seemingly at Random

I usually get this if I rescue a lord for a lady, join up as a mercenary, or help out christian clergy too much and refuse to pay the wergild when my guys rape a pagan woman.
    Then the pagan kingdoms will consider me their enemy unless I do them some favors or help out some pagans.
  12. Caravans

The magical money cheat code is how I deal with all the bizarre battle loot results I encounter.
    I could do tricks with soloing or garrisoning, but I resort to another cheat.
    I set my loot skill to 12 and set it as a party skill, but get poor results from that as well.

Besides, murdering theows is bad enough. Why would you want to murder innocent caravan masters? I believe only a few of us are doing it out of boredom.

All cheats harm the game immersion effect, but 1000 gold from a bandit camp or dena raid seems fair.
    I hope it gets fixed eventually, but I believe the few developers should focus more on the bugs and the overall campaign progression towards becoming the King of the land.
    I believe that getting lords to convert to your party, making sieges more realistic, and making lords act more rationally are more important.
  13. Trade

I have no idea what the guildmaster garble means. If you compare their assessments with the prices in the market, there doesn't seem to be a correlation.
    Can someone weigh in on this?
  14. Trade

It is true that breweries are best almost everywhere.
    I like to build shops everywhere.  In wales, I like to build smithies. I lower the starting price in moddb to equal breweries.
    Smiths earn very well in the towns with low-cost mineral.

In nonbrewery nonsmith towns, I build tanneries.

Tanneries do pretty well in many towns especially up north.
    In my make believe games, I imagine my smiths and tanneries giving me 1000 gold towards free equipment every week or so. I buy these first.

I also build linen makers in the towns with low flax cost and in ireland. Linenmakers also give a bonus towards armour purchases in those towns.

Note that you can increase profit margin of a tannery if you give the tannery lower cost hides than they can find locally.
  15. Troublesome Theows Quest: Any Suggestions?

It is annoying. I've tried this to some success: Kill several local bandits and the wanted bandits will spawn.
    There is a cap in the game on the number of bandit/outlaw groups.
    If bandits are at their cap, your bandits won't spawn.
    The key is what time do the bandits spawn. I don't know.
    I believe it's sometime at night.
    At morning, open up the see all cheat and scan the surrounding area. The bandit might have spawned.
    Even if the banditry occurred across the island, they usually seem to spawn near the quest origin.
    However, if they stayed alive, they will move in any direction and keep going.

Ibidil or Experts: What is the spawn time? What is the bandit spawn point in relation to a spawn point.
Back
Top Bottom