Recent content by drankalong

1. Can my brother impregnate Me?

Well they better allow incest cause after a while everyone is gonna be related due to how many kids women pop out and how limited the pool of clans is in the game.
    RIP my sides. Good point
  2. Can my brother impregnate Me?

Agreed. I don't think it would be implemented and there are others that I would much rather see included in the game. Just a thought, but I don't disagree with you.
  3. How many children is too much? (Bug?)

She even left my party and kept having kids that I know for sure arent mine
    10/10 post, OP. Let's play "Maury: Medieval Edition." But in all seriousness, that is insane. In my playthroughs, I only had one kid. Otherwise, I'm lucky if I can get past the courtship phase.
  4. Just tried a siege battle... Wow

Or hidden spikes, pitch ditches where archers could use braziers to light up the ditches and create an Imperial barbecue and other cool traps. OP, definitely know what you mean. It's really cool to watch. +1
  5. Can my brother impregnate Me?

I'm trying to tread as carefully as possible with this concept, because it does introduce an intriguing concept that could work, if carefully executed. With modern taboos toward incest kept in mind as we proceed, the idea of royal intermarriage for Bannerlord is an interesting idea. European royalty is already related to each other whether it's through second or third cousins: Charlemagne is considered Pater Europae and Queen Victoria the grandmother of Europe. I'm not fully aware of brother-sister marriages or its prevalence in the early European medieval period, but there's no doubt about first-cousin marriage or other notable inbreeding examples or effects: the Habsburg Jaw/Habsburg Lip, Charles II "El Hechizado" of Spain, the practices of the Bourbon, Wittlesbach and Braganza royal families. However, the inclusion in this game would be controversial since people would immediately proclaim that TaleWorlds approves of incest, regardless of the historical context of royal intermarriage and inbreeding. But second and third cousin marriage can be a viable option and even first-cousin could possibly be implemented, if done carefully. There could be a system regarding intermarriage and eventual inbreeding, with its own penalties (diseases like haemophilia, infertility, shorter lifespan, life-threatening diseases, appearance) and benefits (consolidating political influence within the clan, fiefs, keeping the bloodline "pure,").

It's definitely just a small brainstorm, but if implemented carefully, it could be an interesting mechanic.
  6. SP - General honor, name and promote units of your army to create a deeper emotional relationship

10/10 would promote and nurture promising veterans, only to cry when they are vanquished in battle.
    +1
  7. SP - General Religion

Major and minor religions, religious wars/schisms, factors into dialogue and can influence success or failure... It all sounds great. +1
  8. SP - General Generate Your Own Companions

Great idea too, LordKay. It would be awesome to see that implemented. To add to that, maybe they're assigned a specific role in the party, like the other companions. If they're Scout, they develop cunning and control; Quartermaster develops steward and tactics(?)
  9. SP - General Generate Your Own Companions

Suppose I am looking for a companion with a specific skill set. As of now, I have to go from tavern to tavern hoping to find one that matches my needs. This is a long and boring process. Sometimes, there are no companions with the skills I want and I have to settle for a companion that has the potential to become what I need in the distant future. Unfortunately, the companions I find are often so high in level that it takes them forever to acquire new points and specialize in the way I need.

I think it would add a great deal to the game if players were able to generate their own loyal companions in the same way as they generate their main character. These generated companions should start at level 1, which would allow them to rapidly level up and specialize in the direction the player wants. Not only would this eliminate the tedium of searching for the right companion, but it would also add a whole new level of enjoyment to the game for people who want to bring their favorite fictional characters into the game with them.

As for how this could be incorporated into the game, I think it could be done through events and/or quests. For example, imagine you see a group of villagers being attacked by looters. Your party swoops in and saves the villagers. After this event, you see the following dialogue.

"A young peasant approaches you. Their parents slain by the bandits, they have nowhere to go. They are forever thankful to you, not only because you saved them, but also because you avenged their fallen family. They want to join your party."

[Choice] Accept (Generate Companion)
    [Choice] Decline

If you accept, you get a young and inexperienced companion that you can shape in the way you want.
    Love, love, love this idea. +1
  10. SP - General Pages, making politics with your children

Curious. Would love to see it occur. Not denying that it happens, just kinda eager to see it happen, if that makes sense.

Also, hey Sketchyad. Nice to see you here after the other thread.
  11. SP - General Defection needs to work like an improvement of Warband, not a stupid random event without any logic to it. Don't remove defection, actually FIX IT.

Bruh, it's a process, implementing these patches and updates. This isn't "fanboying," this isn't "praising the Devs," or anything else implied through abusing the Caps Lock/Shift button. It's an opinion, just like yours. Believe me, we would love to see snowballing stop, too. Don't know anybody who'd disagree with that sentiment. It's been brought to the devs' attention countless times.

The devs are doing what they can, they are trying to get patches and updates out in a timely manner. It's one thing to offer constructive criticism: e.g. snowballing is a problem, needs to be fixed. Perfectly agreed. But you're starting to sperg out, OP. Sorry that you feel so strongly about this. If this is such an issue, just take a break from the game and revisit it when they implement the feature.

Edit: agree with you, Androme1. The defections prior to were ridiculous and senseless. It's a good idea to make it an extreme rarity. Good points.
Back
Top Bottom