Recent content by Dhargo

1. Need More Info The game performs terribly, jumping FPS from 20-120 non-stop on the campaign map

Try locking the game at 60 fps, messing around with threading in the launcher, and resolution, make sure edit mode isn't on, don't leave the "control T" cheat on, if it is. There has been issues reported with mouse speed and fps on the campaign menu as well for some users in warband, I occasionally get slowdowns on the campaign map (not as severe as yours) but keeping the game locked at 60- or 80 fps and 3k has lessened the impact, that's for warband, mods, vc, modded or otherwise.

Im not really able to give a definitive answer as others have had these issues going back over a decade and the solutions are varied, sometimes is a directx issue, sometimes mouse lag, sometimes a redownload fixes it.
    I will try the 60fps tomorrow, thanks for the tip.

I tried the "single core threading" option, no change. I tried anything down to 720p for resolution, no change. Edit mode as never been activated and I don't know what the "control T" cheat is about, but I never did anything with the game and if it is not a default setting it should not be active.

What do you mean with mouse speed? Should I tone down the dpi value? Also unsure what you mean with 3k ("60- or 80 fps and 3k"), is that a resolution?
    I redownloaded the game 3 times, twice after I deleted every last file I found that is connected to warband.

Thank you for your help!
  2. Need More Info The game performs terribly, jumping FPS from 20-120 non-stop on the campaign map

I tried (via the launcher "Start windowed") and it had no positive effect.
  3. Need More Info The game performs terribly, jumping FPS from 20-120 non-stop on the campaign map

The video is private. :sad:
    oh my bad. Sorry, should be public now https://streamable.com/tp0mwo (also ignore the keyboard smashing, its not me but discord sound)
    Sadly, for some reason, ShadowPlay does not record the FPS counter in the bottom left screen.
    But even without the FPS counter visible, the problem can be observed. Notice how when you hover the cursor over a Menu point, it gets highlighted in yellow. Then see how sometimes my cursor passes one or even multiple menu buttons without a single one lighting up - thats because the game literally freezes in these moments, and they occur every 3-4 seconds
  4. RaW 2.55 open testing and work in progress versions.

Why is the mod suggested for 64bit OS? I thought Warband is only 32bit anyway on Windows?
  5. Need More Info The game performs terribly, jumping FPS from 20-120 non-stop on the campaign map

Unfortunately, we don't support 64bit on Windows for Warband.
    It is back to lagging on the world map again...
    It was fine for the beginning of the campaign, but after maybe 10-15 minutes in it now turned unplayable again. Please can you help me? My PC is laughably much better than what this game requires.

After trying Floris Expanded mod, where my performance was just as terrible, I fully uninstalled Warband, deleted evey last file from the steam folder, deleted the one in My Documents and reinstalled the game. I wanted to first check Native before using any mod, and MY GOD even in native, just in the starting menu, my FPS jump between 30 and 144 ALL-THE-TIME. Theres micro-freezes every few seconds, its literally a pain to even create a character. I really thought Native was fine, because last time I played it (like 1 year ago) it was working fine.

I have no idea whats up. Literally every single piece of software, every game runs smooth in this computer. There is no way Warband cannot run smoothly.
    I even tried 1280x720 resolution instead of 1440p and it didn't change anything at all. Just check this out, this is absurd https://streamable.com/tp0mwo
  6. Need More Info The game performs terribly, jumping FPS from 20-120 non-stop on the campaign map

Is there any way to get more than 2GB of memory used for the game even in 32 bit then? The fps in large battle drops significanlty below the otherweise stable 120fps but gpu and cpu are not even close to limit, but memory use stops after like 20xx mb.
  7. Need More Info The game performs terribly, jumping FPS from 20-120 non-stop on the campaign map

I am really confused currently.
    I wanted to check whether Mount and Blade Warband takes up more than 2 gb of RAM when its on the world map. However I noticed that it suddenly runs in 120 fps? It drops to 107 sometimes but its not a stutter, its still smooth.

I am really confused because I did not do anything.

But I noticed it says "Mount and blade (32bit)" in the Taskmanager.
    My system is 64bit, does Warband not support 64 bit or do I have to turn that on manually somewhere?
    ybLDUGT.png
  8. Need More Info The game performs terribly, jumping FPS from 20-120 non-stop on the campaign map

Steam may be forcing compatability mode on you. Turn that off to avoid memory issues.
    Hello.

In these paths that article mentions there is no steam.exe as described.

Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers and delete the entry for the steam.exefile
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers only has some league of legends services and Borderland2.exe in there.

You should also see if there is an entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in the same location and delete it as well. Failing that, check in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Persisted.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers has no entry.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Persisted.only has Ubisoft Launcher in it.
  9. Need More Info The game performs terribly, jumping FPS from 20-120 non-stop on the campaign map

Windows 10, fully updated GPU nvidia gtx 1080 drivers updated CPU intel i7-8700k Memory 24GB RAM I bought the game for 2.99€ on a sale, I thought I'd play it while waiting for Bannerlord. But now I cannot even play it at all, because on the Campaign Map the FPS jump non-stop. Check this clip to...
  10. Bannerlord Refunded

Upgradable villages were shown, gang crime system was shown, better sieges were shown. Just a few examples.

That was 2-3 years before the EA release so I expected it to be in the EA release. We still don´t got this and probably never will get it because dev priorities have changed.

Just a few examples.

And I personally don´t believe, that all perks will be working in the next 6 months and that we have unique scenes for each castle/town/etc. Not even talking about fixing balancing AI/economy/other stuff.

That´s just my personal opinion. Sure you can enjoy this game and have fun for 500+ hours. But I don´t have fun and I want to get the stuff that was shown/advertised years ago (Banners :sad: ).

Source (12:40min):

Where can I experience this stuff shown 4 years ago? Will I ever be able to experience it? Where are those towns full of life shown in this 4 year old trailer? Did the EA description told me it was scrapped? :wink:

I expected at least the gang system that was shown 4 years ago to be in the game ("now we can place one of our own companions here and that will stop others thugs from coming...). Is this now the still bugged gang leader quest? :wink:

That´s what I´m talking about. We´ll never get this feature or do we?

As I said...just one example. For me it´s like this:

So a refund makes sense for me.

Damn, thats actually insane. I was already disappointed by the poor, barebone nature of the EA as it currently is, and I didn't even remember all these things they showed FOUR years ago and are nowhere to be seen in the current build.
    They literally just created small scripted mock-scenes to lie about their progress in public and then went into EA 4 years later. Just imagine what type of expectations people must have had when they saw this 4 years ago and now heard about an EA. They expected this game to be so feature and gameplay rich already, and were served some dead village and town scenes + bugged siege AI. But yeah, the people pulling the refunds are the bad guys :wink:
    Requesting a refund 500 hours in is quite the audacity I agree, but that guy surely did not get his refund anyway. But people who are 5 hours in, 10 hours in, should be fine to refund because they were kinda scammed. Its just as MostBlunted says: TW never clarified that basic features such as showcased 4 years earlier are no longer gonna be in the game. And if TW really plans 12 months of EA, and you check out how little progress they have made up until now, you will see that 80% of the features they promised wont be in at all - or they prolong EA. Either way, people feeling deceived are in the right.
    But of course I don't expect this fanboy flooded place to support such thoughts.
  11. SP - General Proposed Mechanics: Dynamic Companion Introductions and Tasks

After having a companion form their own party, we should be able to give them commands. It makes no sense that they do literally whatever they want as if they were no longer our subordinate.
    • "Go loot caravans"
    • "Patrol around X"
    • "Protect settlement X and its surrounding villages"
    • "Protect my settlements"
    • "Raid the Aserai"
    • "Do whatever you see fit"
    • "Recruit units"
    • "Level up units"
    • "Hunt bandits and looters, destroy their hideouts"
    During a siege:
    • "Supply our army with food - by coin"
    • "Supply our army by seizing it from the countryside"
    Especially the ones I marked bold are important in my opinion.
  12. SP - General An idea on how to better handle Lords beaten in Battle

I see the point, but it should not be a problem to just forbid these Lords to enter battles that go against the terms they accepted. So if an army of 7 Lords attacks your party, and one of them was set free by you just 3 days ago, instead of a 800 vs you battle it would simply be 700 vs you if that Lord in question has 100 Troops under his command. If they agreed to not attack your faction, same applies. They can join an army to supply food and help in defense, but as soon as its an offensive act they just do not take part. Obviously the AI has to be tweaked in a manner to "understand" this and calculate their decision based on the actual number of units that will take part in the battle given that a part of their army will stay back because of their set terms.
    But if it ends up too difficult to make a reality (which really it should not if their code is not absolute spaghetti or their engine incredibly limiting) I would be happy with Lords just not raiding my Villages after I beat them 39 times already.
  13. SP - General Suggestion for castle starvation, partially at least

The first City I was awarded as in terrible shape, and even after weeks ingame I could not manage to fix it. The wealth was decreasing because "people starving", and the food production was too low to keep everyone fed because "low wealth". I never quite got behind that vicious cycle. I sold them my food as much as possible, ran around and bought all the grain I could afford - no help. I obviously upgraded anything related to food or wealth in the city building tab.
    So I would strongly support any way to please let us boost cities food. Why do I carry around tons of grain but cannot feed a city with a supply of food that can keep my 150 men army fed for like 600 days?
  14. SP - General Borderlines

What would these Borders do the the gameplay? If they are "no trespass" then how will the global trading work? If they can be crossed freely, what is their point?
Back
Top Bottom