Recent content by Deek44

1. Wouldn't it be cool if there were Bandit Lords?

Speaking of bandits and looters, why are their parties more speed impaired when they get larger than the various forces of lords? I know for sure looters are heavily penalized and somewhat recall any bandit parties that have any foot troops are too. I guess it is so that they can be caught, but it seems grow exponentially which seems unnecessary. Also, if you're going to have a bandit lord with a decent sized force, they may take the better part of a year to go from one major city to another.
  2. SP - World Map Armies Tracked on Campaign Map

I've seen comments on other threads about "stealth armies" and I have to agree that this doesn't make sense. I can see how individual parties can slip around the campaign map unnoticed until passing near a town or castle but assembled armies should be tracked and visible (similar to how fellow...
  3. SP - General Please give Engineering XP for governing a settlement.

Does governing grant any XP to any skills at the moment? I would have thought it should go to steward, trade and engineering
  4. Companion skills and attributes.

Sounds to me like you're not trying to build any equipment. Once your siege camp is established, you need to build siege equipment. To do so, you have to click on the glowing icons on the map and choose whatever you want to build. I think the engineering skill only currently applies to the speed at which the equipment is built at (unless this has changed recently). And as others have mentioned, you want to assign either your highest skilled engineer to the engineering role in your party or whomever you want to grow that skill.
  5. Can Bandit Troops Still Be Upgraded to Regulars?

I think part of the point of this thread is that to really use this feature of converting bandits, we have to do workarounds like dumping bandits into garrisons or companion parties. Take that away it's a hell of grind to unlock the disciplinarian perk for yourself and you'll be pretty late in the game by then. Maybe make leadership a little easier to level and when you upgrade bandits to nobles, drop them back to the entry level noble unit? Just a thought.

Also, this workaround of using your companions and such to convert bandits doesn't work on all bandit types. Take desert and mountain bandits for example. I believe it is related to the fact that a War Horse is needed to upgrade/convert them from that top bandit level. All others that don't require this seem to work fine. (or at least it was like this a few versions ago in the game but doubt it has changed).
  6. Can’t Sell Workshops

It's a known issue and it will be fixed in the coming week (see here). A potential workaround would be to use the console command "campaign.add_gold_to_hero [amount] [notable]" to give a notable in the corresponding settlement a few thousand gold so they have enough to purchase the workshop.
    Ah got it. I read some of that thread but didn’t see that note. Thanks!
  7. Can’t Sell Workshops

On a very recent play through on the beta 1.4.3 version I bought a workshop and was going see how performed before deciding whether to keep it. Well, it didn’t go well (never earned more than 60/day despite a bound village producing needed materials) after a decent span of in game days (20+...
Back
Top Bottom