Recent content by darkcrow

1. How do you rate the Vaegir troops?

Cool, thanks for the opinions.

I think I'm going to work on a Knight/marksmen army (with an emphasis on marksmen) and guards can just be used for garrisons.
  2. Toughguy Farmers

Seems to be a strange feature...

When Im defending in a siege, once I defeat the enemy and I get the chance to hire rescued prisoners, if I don't take them, they are automatically garrisonned in the castle I was defending.
  3. How do you rate the Vaegir troops?

I know that Vaegir Marksmen are quite popular but how do you rate their knights and guards? Are they worth it?
  4. So whats new?

I've been playing version 9.60 of the game for a while... simply because when I click "test for new version" on the game start up menu, it says Im playing the newest version. So imagine my suprise when I check the website and there have been several new versions since 9.60  :( So while I...
  5. Failure to Defend,lack of men and sieges

Its really not all that hard to take castles when outnumbered.

Im not great at this game, but Ive taken castles when outnumbered almost 4 to 1. You need top tier troops, patience and willingness to accept casualties. To be honest, my strategy is proberly not the best but I just assault and make sure I get on the ladder quickly with just one or two soldiers in front of me. Stand on the ladder and use a large two handed weapon to make a hole in the enemy. If you kill enough of them, you can get onto the walls and let some of your men flood through. Just hack and kill until you are knocked unconcious. Then when you have recovered your health, assault again and repeat the process. Hopefully the second (or third) time, you will be able to make a decisive breakthrough and will be able to let your men engage the enemy in the courtyard. Just kill everyone and there you go  :smile:
  6. Call me a noob but I can never find that hidden criminal in the early game.

I once had real trouble finding one of these guys... I spent like 10 minutes searching and I was absolutely stumped. Anyway, in the end, I rode to the top of a small hill overlooking the village and looked far and wide... and I saw him stood like half a mile away in the distance just in the open. I could barely see him he was so far away. So yeah, that was a barrel of laughs.
  7. Unalligned and successful?

Ah excellent :smile:

Thank you!
  8. Unalligned and successful?

So I recently decided that Id like to have a shot at being my own master and capturing land for myself. I made a character and levelled him up, got a small army of mercenaries together and then attacked a Rhodok castle. I captured it without any trouble and was quite pleased with my new found...
  9. Your favourite armour?

Seff said:
    Reinforced surcoat over mail, reinforced gauntlets, reinforced plate greaves, reinforced guard helmet. Works wonders :smile:

I think thats what Im using :smile:

Thanks for the replies.
  10. Castle Discussion ONLY Topic

I agree that there should be more options for assaulting a castle.

Maybe just 2 or 3 options like:

Ladders
    Battering ram
    Siege tower

I think we really do need a battering ram. The gate was (theoretically) the weakest part of a castle so we should have the option to attack it.
  11. Cavalry tactics

I heard someone say a while ago that they take a certain kind of cavalry unit and use the "follow me" command to line them up then charge the enemy with lances. Does anyone use this tactic? Are there any other good tactics for cavalry? Thank you.
  12. Your favourite armour?

What armour and helmet, leg armour etc do you use? Ive been playing this game for a few months now but Im not entirely sure what I should be doing in terms of armour. If it makes any difference, Im a vaegir and my character is a knight-type guy (lance+horsie :) Thanks!
  13. Someone just tried to assasinate me

Cool. Thanks for the replies.
  14. Someone just tried to assasinate me

So I was besieging a knergit castle and in my foolishness, I forgot to stock up on supplies. I ran out of food so had to "postpone" the siege and go to the nearest settlement for food. This was a Swadian town and since I am not at war with the Swadians, I just entered the town normally. Imagine...
  15. So Ive captured their king...

Cool, thanks. I guess the challenge is holding him for that long without him escaping...
Back
Top Bottom