Recent content by CleverWes

1. Patch Notes v1.1.2

I blame greed. Adding consoles to the equation was way over talewords head. I just hope they stop F* the game up before all the moders move on to something else.
    I agree that greed is definitely visible with adding this silhouette of a game to consoles, but it was clearly unfinished prior to that. There still wasn't viable diplomacy, "winning" ultimately involved executing a couple hundred lords, the economy was completely unstable, countless bugs ranging from the silly to the stupid, and so much more than many others have listed.

The greed came in when they started putting time into the next project to make money instead of making right what they had already sold.
  2. Patch Notes v1.1.2

Hi has the Sheperd perk been fixed with this patch? Thanks
    Nope. Still making you slower.
  3. Resolved [v1.1.x] Companions promoted to vassal disappear

No its not companions its lords, example - Mantos is the Lord of House Argos. After a few hours of playing the game you might see in the messages (on the left side of the screen) Mantos disappeared. If you go into the encyclopedia and check on Mantos it will tell you that they disappeared. This is only supposed to happen to wanderers, Lords and Ladies aren't ment to disappear, die of old age, die in childbirth and die in battle yes, but not randomly disappear.
    I followed what you were saying. To clarify my point, once I had promoted a companion to a lord when I founded my own kingdom, that former companion and now vassal would occasionally disappear as in it would say they were lost in the side of the screen.

I realize that these are two different issues, but hopefully you'll see why I thought that they could be the same.

Strangely, I just came across a "lost" one after he had won a tournament. Went to the town and he was there with the only dialog option to just leave. Still shows as lost in the encyclopedia.
  4. Resolved [v1.1.x] Companions promoted to vassal disappear

My apologies. Wasn't sure if it was the same or different because they were fine being in my party when it happened, but are lost only when part of an army. Whatever the case, I hope it gets resolved soon, and thanks for the clarification for me.
  5. Resolved [v1.1.x] Companions promoted to vassal disappear

My companion vassals who left all have eventually left when I've been showing mercy to a fief after conquering it - even if they're not part of my army, but are part of a different army that joined the siege. I'm not sure if that's a bug or part of the trait system.

If it's intended, then it would've been nice to have a notice - or perhaps not affect the character that shouldn't be participating in the looting either way.
  6. Patch Notes v1.1.0

Same! Thats all I'm waiting for too!
    Unfortunately, that's not currently in the plans of ever happening.
  7. Patch Notes v1.1.0

I see what you’re saying, I’m the not the best at the game I’ll admit it’s just went from my noob tactics only losing 10-30 men each battle to now hundreds after this update and I’ve not changed the way I’ve played.

Even simulated battles though I lose so many soldiers compared to before, I’m not the first person to have this though I’ve seen other threads of people saying the same. Just really hope it gets fixed I’m getting withdrawals
    I get where you're coming from. I dont consider myself that good either and it's not as easy commanding troops , but last night I actually won a battle with my 900 troops (only 115 fian and no khan) to their 1500. Granted, I'm still no expert because after the battle I only had 32 troops that weren't dead or wounded.

I'd like to dedicate that victory to Flesson19 and Strat gaming. I never would have had a chance had it not been from watching their videos. Give them a watch. Flesson19 even has a channel specifically for guides that are in good bite sized bits.
  8. Patch Notes v1.1.0

I'm not one to usually condone anyone to do work for free and was hoping you didn't mind me name dropping you there, alluding to such thing. But as it would be mutually beneficial for both parties, it seems like a no-brainer.

The hope for me was when I came back here was I would see the beginnings of Bannerlord becoming the new Skyrim or even GTA 5 in a sense. A strong stable base that I honestly would have thrown money at TW for a continuously developed game with relatively frequent DLCs for the next 10 years. I know now that's not going to be possible until they either sever ties with consoles, or have the consoles running a few patches behind PC.

In other terms, I use a software for work that works great for PC users, however MAC users are limited to what gets released in their platform and are usually a few updates behind, which works great as it doesn't hinder development of said software.

MAC users understand the limitations, they chose that platform after all and they can see what's coming down the line so they stick around.

Both PC users and MAC users happily pay a few hundred euro a year for this software, but if they were to handcuff themselves by beginning to level out the development to keep MAC users up to date with PC users, most would jump ship to a competitor.

Here what we have is everyone stuck in the sand, no one happy and no one knowing what's coming down the line - even the Devs, seeing as the majority of itemised tasks are bug fixes from the previous update, which wouldn't have been factored in until it was pushed (ex. that ****storm of the Xbox 1.1 that they had to revert back on last week).

I would have assumed this was a common sense approach for TW to take also.
    I can't speak on behalf of all console players, but I've always gone into ports with lowered expectations. I know that it wasn't designed for my system and controller, so I understand that things might be a little clunky. I also understand that there will be things that may never be available such as mods and DLC. I've always been ok with that because I knew the limitations.

Perhaps it's the phrasing or the way I read it, but I don't think it's the consoles that are the primary problem. I do agree that it was overly ambitious to release both at once. I think the biggest issue is that it feels as if there wasn't any quality assurance testing. Each time something gets "fixed" we discover that something else breaks or the fix didn't really work.

The most frustrating part to me is that I can see how much potential the game has, but it's clearly not a finished product, and I don't think it will be for at least another year. I'm fine with waiting as long as it takes, but I hope there's no more two steps forward and two steps back each update.

I apologize for rambling.
  9. Patch Notes v1.1.0

Any idea when the bug added in 1.1 with clans in your faction giving you -2,000,000 relationship when you free them from an enemy army might be fixed? At this point, I need to capture and donate a couple dozen kings to get me back up to the near 100 relationship I had.
  10. Patch Notes v1.1.0

I'm trying to stay positive and hope that my saves aren't lost.

My current mantra is, "Well... it's still better than CK3 on Xbox."
Back
Top Bottom