Recent content by ccford89

1. ccford89

-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Demonic Spoon said:
    ..Scout parties? All I see are deserters and enemy lord parties, which are usually huge.

I played native expansion mod mostly, that have little groups of faction troops running around as scouts parties. I couldn't remember if the original version had them or not. Best option is have a small 10-20 party group of mounted troops and trade iron or some other high profit item until you have a sizable amount of denars to live off of. There several trading guides in the forum that outline places that have the best prices for goods. 

It's best to stay small in party size and avoid fights until you become marshal, which allow you to have everyone follow you, or can afford to have 100+ mounted troops. Being faster than everyone else on the map enable to to pick your battles much easier and make the game move much faster. just remember to avoid places where they are desert bandits or steppe bandits because they tend to move faster than any other group .   
  2. ccford89

-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Demonic Spoon said:
    -What are the benefits of marrying?

-Do you have to be a vassal in a faction to marry?

-Does tactics have any usage outside of giant battles where battle advantage matters?

-Playing with realistic saving...It seems like there's little point to companions. You spend a bunch of money getting them equipment and then they disappear across the map whenever you lose a battle. It then takes an ingame week just to get them back.

-Other than looting villages and trade, how does one make good money? I've seen the buildable industries in towns - how good are those in general, and how much benefit do you get by manually supplying them with materials/hauling the stuff to market? Tournaments are good too, but seem to have diminishing returns.

-Does renown affect the ability to gather troops from villages?

6 questions:
    1.) when you marry it allow you to throw feast and invite other lords (within your faction) over to help build up relation points. you have to add food and stuff to your wife inventory in order to throw a decent feast. I'm unsure if there any other uses for the wife for the original native version.

2.) no you can belong to no faction and marry or belong to a different faction but depending on your future wife you may not be able to marry unless you prove yourself. It is possible to marry without the wife's father/brother blessing but that will cause negative relationship points.

3.) no other purpose other than helping you out in battles. It working in smaller battles but most players have battle size limit adjusted to the highest setting limit so it not as noticeable when the fights are smaller. 

4.) companions are useful in that they can be level up similar to your main character but most of them will leave you if you lose a battle or make them unhappy. Companions are weak in the beginning but also long as they don't leave your group they will pay for themsleves.  it's best to keep a small group at the start of the game that can move faster than other lords or bandits in order to avoid hard battles and to catch easy groups of enemies. improving path=finding skill help in this.

5.) it possible to make decent money by selling prisoners and by killing enemy scouting parties. the scout parties then to be small and easy to deal with but will outrun you if you don't have all mounted troops.

dye-works seem to be the best shop to build but it cost the most to invest, what I do in my game is ask "How the trade in this city?" and whatever they need I factor that into it. for example if they need tools but sell iron cheaply then an ironwork may be more cost effective but if they need tools and iron then it may not be worth it.

As far as manually running them it somewhat more hassle. the investment cost and wages are the same for all cities so it won't matter where you place it if you chose to fill the supplies from an outside source and to manually pull out the final good. You can decide where and when to sell which is sometimes better than automatically selling and buying at the end of each week if you left it to it's default setting.

For example I make a weavery turning wool into linen in one city, wool cost about 130 denars and linen sold for 250. whenever i saw wool for less than 100 denars then I stockpile it and gave it to the weavery. It save make roughly 30 denars but if I would had when to another city and sold the wool for more than 160 denars then it would had been worth it more. same way with linen, if it was worth holding on to to sell somewhere else for more than 250 then it be worth hold on to it but as you have more of one item to sell each sold item sell for less.

From what I can tell very early with the shops ever be running negative profit if you invest with a 500 projected profit each week so they will pay you back sooner or later. only issue is if that city belong to the enemy faction, faction you are fighting with, then you won't get profits from it or have to pay it's wages for that week.

6.) reown doesn't effect recruiting but relationship with that village does, higher with give you more troops and sometimes higher tiers troops. I can't remember if original native is like this but having more reown increase your party limit size on most mods.
  3. ccford89

Suggestions for Implementation within the Mod

Hello,

I would like to suggest some type of check system (to change the likelihood of it happening mid to late game) for bandits attacking you when you enter a city at night. I think that it's suicidal for bandits to try and rob me when I progress so far into the game that I have over 1,000 renown and the hardest part of the ambush is finding where they are hiding at. After a while, the drunk guy at the tavern recognize he was in over his head and back out so why can't bandits.  :wink:

Perhaps after so much renown random bandits attacks from cities can be discontinued.

Also I'm unsure if it's possible but it be really cool if you can sponsor a caravan to travel from city to city. It will cost a pretty penny up front and there a chance that bandits or enemy faction will destroy it but you can add troops to it and tell it where to go and what to buy and sell. you will have to pay the wages of it's troops, and the wage of the caravan master but you will get a weekly report of it's profits just like the business you have in the city. There a greater cost and risk with caravans but the payout should be good if you chose high profit items and keep the roads clean of bandits and enemy troops.         
  4. ccford89

Who the wants a rebalnce of NE .586?

Weapons should be rebalanced like it was mention earlier, it was hard for me to tell if a weapon was better or not based on it's stat. The bows for instance was hard because I'm not sure how much weigh I should put into speed, acc., or damage type. I personally would rather have weapons made like Maxwell Cordova mention. A weak, normal, and strong version. You have requirement for the the stronger versions or make them very hard to come by. Most of the time I only loot my items I wear and pick out whatever the most valuable to wear/ use. There been a few cases where there was better loot down the page.

I think the NE got too many units, Some units are better overall than comparable counterpart from other troops trees making some units either obsolete or pointless to have.

Due to the 32 troop type limit a player can have and the redundancy of units it counterproductive for a players to spread his/ her army with too many troops trees. I'm not sure in which direction to go with upgrading troops due to the choices. I like seeing new units but I don't see the point of having 3 or 4 different crossbowman or spear-men in my army when it is costing me valuable slots to have them.

Certain factions should be renown for certain types of troops and have troop trees that favor them by either having troops that merge back into the troops tree (allowing the weak units to be recycled into the best units) or having the branches of weaker troops types merge into mercenary troops trees, making it costly to upgrade but allow you to get stronger units.   

Horses are hard to pick, I'm unsure if there are unbalance or if I prefer some over other more based on play style.

If a new NE or a patch come out than I would look forward to it, good luck and hope this help.
  5. ccford89

Party Leader swap

Well, I didn't read the known issues about using your companion 2x in a row will make him your party leader until after the fact. I notice it happen when I ran out out food after combat, it got rid of my stuff ( or to be more accurate it swap to the companion empty items) and my companion is...
Back
Top Bottom