Recent content by CascadeHush

1. SP - Economy Fewer, better tournaments.

Rather than replacing the current tournaments it'd be nice if we had what we have now, common tournaments for hedge knights and lowborn warriors that are run by merchants and landed lowborn folk, and "grand tournaments" that are hosted much more rarely by the nobility in which the lords of the realm gather to compete.

Yes, I really like this.

In the original game you would have feasts that would often coincide with tournaments and a few nobles gathered together in the town and it was a good time to speak to the nobles, as well as more interesting and fun to participate in the tournament against NPCs. Maybe they are planning to bring something like that. In combination with your idea it would be even better.
  2. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops We need more incentives to play with infantry instead of calvary

Agreed. Was discussing troop builds with my brother and I had to interrupt his explanations on Battanian infantry with "but why would I bother with an infantry army in the first place."

In the original I only had infantry until I could level troups up to cavalry. At the sharp end of the game my armies consistent solely of Swadian knights, Kerghit horse archers and sword sisters.

(Sword sisters were fun... a bit hard to come by so there was a challenge there. And useful, having decent ranged and melee attacks and a nice intermediate between the other two... plus faster map travel time.)

So yeah, I'm in the transition point in my game. Now that I have 2 cities I'm trying to move to an all cavalry force.

The top level infantry are cheaper and tougher for sieges though... at least they were in warband.
  3. SP - World Map More Looters!

Now that I have a decent scout I see so many looters it's actually kinda annoying, a bit like seeing a swarm of flies.

If you can't catch them, you need a smaller party, cavalry if possible, but equipped with horses if not, and don't carry too much inventory.

It took me quite a while in the original game to figure this stuff out, so I assume you are new to the game.

So yeah, find a scout companion (or invest in scout for your character) and equip your party. You'll start seeing them everywhere, because they really are.
  4. SP - Economy Workshop efficiency

It costs around 14000 denars to buy a workshop.
    If the workshop gives me 200 denars/day, that means it will take 70 days just to get my moneys worth which i paid in the beginning.

Wow, a whole 3 months to get your entire initial investment back. Can you imagine if the money in your bank account doubled every 3 months, that would be pretty sweet... no, it would be horrendous economy breaking hyperinflation. But I know basic economic arguments are wasted here. And also the devs aren't stupid enough to give you what you are asking for because at least in this case they know how to balance a game for fun even thought it's still absurdly high as it is.

You can earn about 2k from a 'find the missing daughter' missions, which are relatively common and very easy. You can earn 600-800 transporting cattle from one village to another; these missions are probably even more common, take longer in game time but are a no-brainer as a player. Do a little trading on the way and getting to 14k should take no longer than an hour or 2 at the most if you are really that bothered and want to rush the process.
  5. SP - Quests Wounded troops should not be available to send on missions

There seem to be some changes to this in the 1.1 beta. You can send a wounded troup member but it doesn't count towards the total. Also there is a meter that fill s up (can't remember if that was there before) and it seems like they might be adding some kind of strength requirement as well. At least it seems like they are working on this.
  6. SP - Economy Workshop efficiency

I would like to see some renown or skill/feat gain from being a successful trader and owner of workshops. Even if I'm not a renowned general and warrior, being a merchant prince(ss) should make one quite influential. Maybe you could even lend money to lords to finance their endless wars. And if your caravans feed a city, this would make you a big name there (and possibly hated if you overcharge for the daily bread)

Yeah, renown/influence for trading would be good, especially if it is just a trickle from workshops or only when you do a really big trade.

Also being able to finance a war with a return incentive, risk of losing your investment and possible intrigue based on who you support would be totally awesome. You really should make that it's own topic, I think.
  7. SP - Economy Workshop efficiency

I wanted to buy every workshop in EVERY city and spend the play through as a caravaneer, if I just happened to kill some bandits along the way then bonus.

Yep, you should be able to play the game that way. In fact you can, but at some point it kinda tops out. I hope they raise the limit, even if they balance it out with some kind of management issue (like the more workshops you have, the more discord you have amongst your workers and some kind of rivalry mechanic.)

In Warband I did have a game where I bought a workshop in every city.

The game felt super slow trading my way up, the XP rates are garbage and the perks are kinda pointless in the current situation but when i finally felt like I was making progress I have just hit this stupid wall of not being able to own any more.

The XP rates are much better in the 1.1 beta, you'll enjoy that when it goes to the live branch (or now if you want to switch).

I agree some of the perks are rubbish, but then this seems to be a trend in a lot of games now... 5% bonus to something that doesn't happen very often is a very common kind of perk I see in games now; frankly it's just bad game design and a waste of brain cells even worrying about.

OTOH, my 1 influence per day perk really snowballed into something big for me. Also +3 hitpoints in a game where you aren't supposed to be a tank is reasonable, I think.

But maybe trading your way up is supposed to be slow... it's not easy if you go the recruit and loot way either, and least not if you want to be honorable and not attack villages. I did a mix of trading, looting and errands and managed to get my first 15k quick enough to be challenging and rewarding. It probably took about 5-10 hours to get to 15k, and now I'm 30 hours in and I have about 400k and I'd have half a million if I didn't just go on a spending spree for armor and weapons.

So now i'm going to buy caravans, are there a limit of 3 of those too?

Caravans require a companion to operate and companions are very limited. The returns are greater but you have to invest a companion and there is a risk the caravan will get attacked and then you have to set it up again from scratch. I just lost one of my caravans but not before I made a lot more back it helped me progress.
  8. SP - Economy Workshop efficiency

I was hopping to also get some more to do in the shops. In the old game if you put the raw material the shop needed to make its product in the shops inventory the shop would make more profit.

I presume they are going to add options to allow you to add stock to your business and also ask them to not sell and allow you to pick it up and trade it yourself. At least I hope they do, it was a good aspect of the old game and could lead to big profits if you could be bothered to manage it.

Also where are all the inventory's ? I cant store things at my castle ?

I don't have a castle, but I have a city (they call them settlements for some bizarre reason). There is a 'Stash' option in the menu that gives you an inventory you can put stuff. I presume castles have a similar setup but I can't verify that.

Mostly due to the lack of draw back from number of live stock in your party. not saying it should count as weight but it should slow down your party. also the unlimited number of horses is way op.

Yeah, I agree. Livestock should have a movement penalty as should having a large number of horses beyond what your party can reasonably use and manage.
  9. SP - Quests Missions need to specify where we would need to travel to, BEFORE we accept them.

I do agree that it was a rude shock the first time I did one of these and they literally did go from one side of the map to the other, and then I lost them on the way back and failed the quest (I had no scout and my travel speed was not good).

I now only take such missions if I'm feeling the wanderlust and I use it as an opportunity to visit random settlements along the way. Now that I know I could be going literally anywhere, it's not so much of a shock.

But yeah, it surely would not be too hard to just say that they want to go to x and y and you can decide if that's too far out of your way.
  10. SP - Quests Wounded troops should not be available to send on missions

Even better if it had some kind of strength requirement or difficulty indication. I sent some high level guys on one mission and only half of them came back. At other times I sent all my weakest troups and they all came back.
  11. SP - Quests More smaller simple quest.

All nice. I like the idea of lots and lots of possible small quests, even though they will probably boil down to deliver this, get that, attack this... but still more variety would be good.
  12. SP - Economy Sturgian horse village?

I suspect horses are supposed to be common in certain areas and rare in others.
  13. SP - Economy I don't like how I have to level or wait in game time to get advanced equipment.

I assumed that it was because the devs hadn't developed the armor beyond a certain level, I had no idea it was literally invisible based on level. If it is how you say, I agree.
  14. SP - Economy Caravan Interaction

I completely agree and this was just what I was expecting. Lets hope they are planning something like this.
  15. SP - Economy Fewer, better tournaments.

I agree they generally aren't worth it economically, although I was able to get some good armor at a time when I was not really able to afford it did accelerate my game a lot.

I also agree that there are way too many of them. I think 1/2 is under counting it. It seems like I hit a tournament more often than not.

I do the tournaments because they are fun and give you rep and level up your weapon skills, riding, and athletics.
Back
Top Bottom