Recent content by Bucktoothbandit

1. Why is the battle AI so poor in comparison to Warband?

Shield wall formation is weird, they don’t fill in properly and all seem to have designated spots that they have to go to. That’s pretty much all formations though I guess. After issuing a charge command there isn’t really any point of trying to regroup any formations until all enemies around the AI are dead. Not including cavalry.
  2. SP - General Visual improvements suggestions

Here are my suggestions for visual improvements: Add straps to shields like in the teaser gameplay trailer. No more weapons stuck to back without a strap or holster. No strap means the weapon gets dropped when swapped. Lances and spears break similar to shields. Make infantry spears...
  3. Do you play M&B vanilla or with Mods

Only realistic battle AI and holster adjustment. I play vanilla sometimes, which isn’t bad I just hate how reinforcement spawns are at the moment. The AI will spawn camp the losing side lol
  4. AI Army Composition adjustment?

Anyway to change in the XML or something to what armies prioritize? Could I change it so armies consist of 90% infantry 5% archers 5% cavalry? Love having these big battles only to see a line of 200 archers mow down the survivors lol... My other solution was to remove bows from all units but the...
  5. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Squash troops trees

Be nice if they were similar to the multiplayer loadouts and just came in different variants. 7 troops with one of the random loadouts. I don't like how the troops trees are in the base game and that they all have matching gear with no real variants to them really. Many troop tiers could be...
  6. Somethings gotta give

I think they take them out of their garrison?
  7. DLC plans in bannerlord?

Bronze Age Greece where spears work great and naval ramming ships. All armies focus on Phalanxes, javelins, slingers, NPC that can shield bash and with a few special troops like Thracians and Persians, and a whole lot of focus on the immersion of the different city states of that time.

AC Odyssey had their chance and ruined it! All hail phalanxlord spear and shield!
  8. AI armies and warbands compositions

Does the AI have a number for the amount of infantry/ranged/calvary they RECRUIT/UPGRADE? Most battles seem like 20% infantry, 40% ranged, and 40% cavalry. Anyway to change this? Rather have 70% infantry and split ranged/cavalry.
  9. Mega patch soon?

"..we had estimated that the early access period would last for about a year. And while we are happy with the progress that has been made so far, we feel that the game isn’t quite ready for its full release just yet. As such, our tentative estimate for the release is Q4 2021, however...
  10. This is my "Dream Bannerlord" features. Hopefully developers can have a look & take few ideas from it. haha

Fix AI and release whatever you have ready for beta that needs testing ASAP.
  11. Melee cavalry performance in 1.6.0

I’ve been messing around with Vlandia and battania on sandbox since they always fight each other now instead of vlandia vs Skyrim. Interestingly they feel evenly matched. Both sides field a lot of Calvary. Majority of the AI victories come down to who wins the Calvary battle, but then again I am using Realsitic AI mod to avoid the circle formation death tactic. Battanian cav is pretty evenly matched against vlandia vanguard and scout, and vlandia nobles have a strong presence. Really depends on the terrain too.

Calvary actively goes for archers and I’ve been apart of huge cav vs cav battles where it’s usually around 100vs100 divided on both flanks. It’s been insanely fun and I recommend it. I play with limited mods that help fix AI and spears. Very vanilla with original troop trees. Hope this help sorry if me sound like mountain bandit me marry rock live in rock castle
  12. The Great Bannerlord Mod Ideas Thread

Ancient Greece mod with all their Phalanxes and ramming ships, Illyrians, dacians, Thracians, Celts!

Witcher universe but entirely focused on the nations and their politics and wars instead of monsters and Witcher’s.
  13. Questions

So I just hit 600 hours gameplay today. Still haven't done a solid playthrough cause I get bored when I begin to snowball the map. New mods are changing the gameplay for me and I have been getting back into things, but could still use some help! Questions: ( Feel free to reply to one or all! )...
Back
Top Bottom