Recent content by Bretwalda Penda

1. Bretwalda Penda

Need More Info The game performs terribly, jumping FPS from 20-120 non-stop on the campaign map

Try locking the game at 60 fps, messing around with threading in the launcher, and resolution, make sure edit mode isn't on, don't leave the "control T" cheat on, if it is. There has been issues reported with mouse speed and fps on the campaign menu as well for some users in warband, I occasionally get slowdowns on the campaign map (not as severe as yours) but keeping the game locked at 60- or 80 fps and 3k has lessened the impact, that's for warband, mods, vc, modded or otherwise.

Im not really able to give a definitive answer as others have had these issues going back over a decade and the solutions are varied, sometimes is a directx issue, sometimes mouse lag, sometimes a redownload fixes it.

It's not really about what my pc can handle as I can run games like 2077, KCD, Bannerlord etc at high-ultra ish, warbands a bit old, a bit wonky, and build before all of our tech. VC really stresses the capability of warband, I hope you can get it figured out because it's a game I have spent 900+ hours in and not really slowing down.
  2. Bretwalda Penda

SP Viking Conquest Balance Mod 13

Some interesting and rather big changes in here!

I would be interested in trying it for a new character.

I am a little confused about the world speed though, I personally really really liked the feel of the slower speed, so this update, if I am reading correctly pretty much lessened that change?

It's not really a deal breaker for me, as I like the sound of the other changes with dismounted leaders, bodyguards and the norse troop trees quite a lot, just a bit unfortunate if that's the case.

I am honestly grateful that you are still showing this game and mod love. I have been enjoying Bannerlord but it doesn't hold my imagination like VC.
  3. Bretwalda Penda

Awesome, saw this last night in discord, been too busy to play any games for a few weeks, but VC has been calling, can't wait to try the new additions
  4. Bretwalda Penda

New VC Banners, WIP , Anyone Interested?

In all of my hundreds of hours with VC I still haven't: beaten stort mode, or made a custom sail.

That's not a knock on story mode, as I love this dlc, the sails though, I just couldn't figure it out, couldn't even get the program to run, and these sails look awesome.

Gonna have to fire up VC tomorrow as Bannerlord and their Vlandian calvary have crushed my Battanians and my will to play haha
  5. Bretwalda Penda

I just wanted to say thank you for your work on the Balance Mod, I'm new to the forums but not to the series and with something like 900 hours in Warband, VC, and Brytenwalda, I just have to say, Balance mod really saved VC for me.

The core game was great but you know what almost killed it for me? The sonic travel speed on the map haha.

That one tweak alone was worth it. Many many many enjoyable hours later just wanted to say thanks, and good luck with hooded horse, I will be keeping an eye on it, I do believe I signed up awhile back for it, through lurking on the forums here and on your reddit thread.

Thanks again for your work and for the communities input.
  6. Bretwalda Penda

Viking Conquest 2

Gods I hope so. I hope for another Brytenwalda mod too. I would legitimately love just a straight recreation of Brytenwalda, but I doubt the team would be willing to rehash something like that from a creative standpoint, might be boring for them.

As far as VC, I'm sure most of us who are fans of it can see TW took ALOT of nods from the work of the VC team, that's not a knock on TW, the VC team had some legitimately good ideas, glad some made the sequel
Back
Top Bottom