Recent content by Beaver

1. Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Nahkuri said:
    Guys. Hey Guys. Especially those of youse who don't have any combat mods enabled. Or installed. Ever. Do me a favor. Start up Skyrim. Get a 1handed weapon(not a dagger) and a two handed weapon. Walk up to one of those training dummies you can find in every fort and at least in the backyard of the Companions. Test the weapon lengths.

Because I can hit the dummies with a 1h mace from way further away than I can with a 2 handed axe/sword. It's ridiculous. If I switch to third person the distance seems about right for the 2hander. the tip of the claymore reached the dummy when I was close enough to hit it. Then I tried the mace. I could hit it way further, and there was at least half a meter of empty space between the tip of the mace and the little dust effect that comes with the hit.

I'm afraid I've ****ed something in my game again with mods.
    Right, gave it a try using whatever I had in my inventory (I am not using any mods that (should) affect combat).

First I tested with an elven longsword (1h) and a steel warhammer (2h). Turns out the longsword has significantly longer range. Well, that's okay I thought, it's a longsword vs a warhammer after all. So I tried with a pickaxe (1h). Turns out the range of that and the longsword are the same (or at least so similar I could not notice a difference). Most curious. Maybe I should go buy a two-handed sword, just to check...

EDIT: Okay, got my hands on an orcish greatsword. Same range as the warhammer. Doesn't make much sense to me.
  2. North & South: First Manassas [OPEN ALPHA RELEASED]

I guess this means release at 3:30am then?

Looking good there :smile:
  3. Version 1.006 Update Released! (hotfix for servers released!)

92nd_HertugHans said:
    Aztir said:
    right when my event is starting -.-

This.
    You people...  :roll:
  4. This game sucks

RainDropz said:
    König said:
    :???:
    Well, in short...
    No, you can't get your money back at this point.

Then as a paying customer I expect a fix.
    Suggested fix: Reinstall your game. I haven't heard of ANYONE who has a problem with block not working 99.999999% of the time.
    If it that doesn't work, maybe you should check so you didn't accidentally changed your key combination?
    Oh, and make sure you actually block in the right direction, since I think all servers use manual block.

If you have more technical issues with the game, please refer to the bug reports thread. Oh, and you may want to consider writing a topic title that more clearly states the problems you have, in this case something like "Blocking Problems" or "Blocking doesn't seem to work". Finally you should try detailing your problem in the first post a bit more clearly - it will make it easier for us to help us with your issues.

EDIT:
    Warning - while you were typing 20 new replies has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
    Right...
  5. How to Edit Flags

You can't - yet. You will have to wait for the module system (or enjoy trying to figure out the text files). Luckily it should not be long now...
    Unfortunately changing/adding flag names require a client update, so public players that join a server with new flag names won't see those names unless they download a mod for your server first.
  6. MP Fantasy My Little Pony skin [Released]

Sorry for adding so many... You could always make duplicates I guess.
  7. MP Fantasy My Little Pony skin [Released]

Haha, really awesome mod there.
    Too bad it's not for NW :sad:
  8. Different unit types with similar weapons

It's a joke about Highlanders and two-handed claymores...
    There are no weapons using the two handed skill in the game whatsoever, so don't worry about it.
  9. MP Fantasy My Little Pony skin [Released]

Why do people still read this if they don't like ponies?

Also, don't ask why a thread isn't locked, if you think it should be you REPORT IT, and then leave. Otherwise, you just leave.
  10. MP Fantasy My Little Pony skin [Released]

Chewbacca said:
    Beaver said:
    What happened to proper discussion?  :sad:

EDIT: I'll now go spoiler all those images, I have a slow connection at the moment...
    Not in the mood anymore. For one, he's admittedly a troll. For another, I'm too tired at the moment. I will continue tomorrow I guess.
    All right, see you then!
  11. MP Fantasy My Little Pony skin [Released]

What happened to proper discussion?  :sad:

EDIT: I'll now go spoiler all those images, I have a slow connection at the moment...
  12. MP Fantasy My Little Pony skin [Released]

A proper discussion? All right,

I do see your point to an extent. People posting MLP pictures, with or without captions, in random threads etc is very annoying - just as anyone posting random pictures and memes in threads are. So, I can agree with you thus far. However, avatars, signatures and wallpapers? I don't get it. People make avatars and signatures of anything. Movies, games, books, anything... Why is it suddenly a problem when the image happens to be from an animated show for little girls? There are far more disturbing things in my opinion. Not liking GIFs I can understand though, I don't like them either. But that's because they're flashing and that annoys me. What is on them doesn't really matter. As for wallpapers... Well, you wouldn't see me posting random MLP pictures all over the place, and most likely not with an MLP avatar either. But if you had a look at my desktop, you'd find Rarity. But how could it possibly bother you what I have on my desktop?
    About football fans, well, you don't claim they never go around wearing their team's shirt I hope? And you'll like find some that have their club symbol or something in their signature or avatar on a forum. What is the difference?
    So, all in all, I agree with that it's annoying with people posting pictures where they do not belong - whatever pictures they are - but what people put in their signature is kinda up to them (within reason of course). As for posting pictures in this thread? Well, it kinda says "MLP" in the thread title, what did you expect? That's kinda like going into a thread with "Obama" in the title and be annoyed when finding out it has a discussion about American politics...

EDIT:
    As for those images, yes they are retarded. I fully agree. But you are going to find A LOT of retarded and disturbing images that people make about anything if you look for it. Personally I would never have seen those images if you had not posted them here, and that is kinda the point I am trying to make. If someone used those as an avatar I would be bothered, yes. Just as if they used an image of anything equally retarded. But someone putting a picture from the actual show in their avatar? No.
  13. MP Fantasy My Little Pony skin [Released]

Tormidal said:
    Vincenzo said:
    Tormidal said:
    Vincenzo said:
    *cuddles Tormidal*
    <3333333

mlfw3238-133063140867364.png
    I might be in love with you, Vincenzo.
    tumblr_m0ngudjWW81r5dmuj.jpg

mlfw1426_large.jpg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEJ8CzAD4TE

^^
  14. Suggestions

The ones above the player heads are wrong, indeed, but the siege flag is correct.... Noticed the pole is to the RIGHT not the left...?

EDIT:
    Like so:
    Union_Flag_and_St_Georges_Cross.jpg

EDIT2:
    Btw, if you check the player icons you see that all flags are flipped, for example the American flag too.
Back
Top Bottom