Recent content by bantad87

1. bantad87

Rapid strength growth of kingdoms in 1.3 beta?

These forums are weird sometimes.

Release week forum dwellers: Snowballing is bad, must be fixed as priority 1.
    1.3 patch forum dwellers: Faction strength is going up too fast, making conquest harder.

Well, you can't have it both ways kids.
  2. bantad87

Troop xp gain is too low

Even if you increased the upkeep costs on high-tier troops by an order of magnitude, it wouldn't actually stop me (or any reasonably knowledgeable player) from running around with a full stack of 150 T5/T6 units.

Yes, the solution to preventing huge stacks of t5/6 troops isn't wages. The solution is to make xp amounts to hit t2/3 relatively low, and then massively increase XP costs for troops for t4+.
  3. bantad87

The Problem With Battle AI

Or maybe just no more recruits? Have them all be t2...... it's not like it would really hurt anything and might significantly help.

Villagers leaving their town to join up with a warband wouldn't automatically become trained soldiers.
  4. bantad87

Bandit camps are cheated in as well

Bandits running around on the map can create a bandit hideout. I've watched it happen.
  5. bantad87

Please give shields to every faction's tier 2 infantry

This is like a 2 minute change in the game files that you can do extremely easily.
  6. bantad87

Why mods can fix and improve the game but devs can t?

Amen to that. I think they also stealth nerfed breweries and smitties as well. They all make about on third of what they did in 1.0.11 located in the same cities.

Dude, it's a dynamic economy. Putting the exact same shops in the same exact cities isn't always going to have the same effect. You know that the AI can swap workshops in cities as well, to exploit economic gaps?
  7. bantad87

Mercenaries will no longer join if "cruel" etc????

It's not the losses, it's the strategic situation. I'm late in the game now, tier 6, army of 700~ quality troops from my companion parties etc. So now it's me (Sturgia) vs Souther Empire with the map split around 50/50, the rest are more or less gone. For some reason Sturgia has way fewer clans than Empire, like 1/3rd of the amount, which means that even if I win every battle and siege with 0 losses, the enemy is going to siege 10 things at once while we do maybe 3~ or something, and there is just no way to turn the tide without massacring enemy lords en masse.

Even if we had similar amount of clans, it would end up being just an endless siege/counter siege cycle of peasant warfare. I would love to defend our constantly besieged towns at least, but if I defend something AI avoid it like the plague. Have to catch them and get rid of them there is no other way.

You already identified the issue you're having. They have more clans then you, so you're always going to be lacking manpower. So use your wealth and seduce the enemy lords to defect to your faction and flip the numbers against them. The mechanics ARE there for you to change the situation without executing lords.

Also FYI, when your charm skill is high enough, the game highlights which options are likely to succeed.
  8. bantad87

The Problem With Battle AI

So for those stomping armies with minimal casualties despite being outnumbered 3/1, I'm sure you can see the logic in what I'm about to write.

There are 3 different AI variables in battles:

Tactical AI: Commands formations to do this and that based on the situation.
    Formation AI: Commands the Individual AI to work together to form a given formation
    Individual AI: The individual acts to complete whatever the formation AI tells it to do.

They are all reliant on each other, but the communication between them is abysmal.

Defending:
    The Idea: The AI takes a defensive formation, shield wall of infantry in the front with archers behind. Have the infantry aggro enemy archer shots while they dish out damage themselves

The Product: The shield wall is 70% recruits, and all enemy archer shots aren't being blocked by shields so mass casualties occur, usually causing the AI to turn its defensive formation into an all-out suicidal charge.

Attacking:
    The Idea: The AI makes a constant advance, archers skirmishing in front or behind ally infantry who are closing in, forming a shield wall upon reaching the enemy to fight in the most ideal situation.

The Product: Advancing archers are too busy moving to bother loosing arrows, and because of encumbrance, recruit and non-shielded units subsequently take the vanguard role, making them the first target for stationary archers in a defensive formation. Upon reaching the lines, the AI orders Shield wall, but because the advance has the infantry formation all over the map, with heavy units so far behind, the non-shielded vanguard units slow to a walk to allow more units to catch up, allowing even more archer fire to pelt their lines. Usually, by this time, a cavalry charge or even infantry charge will cause a rout.

I'm not even going to mention the defensive ring formation, because that just needs to go or be overhauled period.

Overall, the AI seems to be compatible if they face their AI counterpart, but for players, the most basic strategy allows you to steamroll army after army, numbers be damned.

I just give all recruits a shield and it solves all of those issues.
  9. bantad87

Some suggestions for war/diplomacy AI

Kind of sounds like the Paradox formula, where they use a Casus Belli to justify war. I never liked having to "justify" my war, but I do think war goals are an intelligent design for sure.
  10. bantad87

Mercenary Contracts

Here's a better screenshot from that same contract (it's a 270g contract, FYI).
    Screenshot-45.png

You've really got to remember that, as a mercenary, you're not going to make the most money by fighting a factions battles for them. You'll make your best money by raiding, picking off weaker lords, and ambushing caravans.
  11. bantad87

Mercenary Contracts

You gain income as a mercenary based on your influence. Donating troops to garrisons, or donating prisoners are the best way to gain influence. In order to secure a mercenary contract, you should aim to join factions that are under a lot of pressure (for example, I helped Northern Empire when they were under war from 3 main factions, plus 4 mercenary factions).

Here's an example of daily income:
    Screenshot-44.png
  12. bantad87

Troop xp gain is too low

It's pretty easy to win about 10 or so battles and start running around with a solid core of mid-tier troops that won't lose unless heavily outnumbered. I don't want to run around with a party full of elite troops.

I think you should mostly be stuck with t2-3 troops with a smaller core of elites.
  13. bantad87

Has anyone cleared one of these?

I kill those by attacking with my troops until they all die, then retreating and doing it again, until they're all dead.
  14. bantad87

(Vote included) New update and the caravan remains 30. And it was claimed it get supported

I again tested latest situation by forming 3 different caravans at game start. I give my character 3 caravan forming cost money by cheat and formed 3 caravans, one at Aserai town Quyaz, one at Sturgia town Omor and one at Khuzait town Chaikand. Only one is destroyed at day 15. After 10 days past from the day it is destroyed I formed another caravan from same town. In total I formed 4 caravans. The latest one I formed and two of first three caravans survived at the end of first year. They all bring me 114K, I payed about 30K for caravan wages. In total I ended year with 96K of money just doing nothing but waiting in a town (some money remained from initial money cheats thats why my end money is not fit perfectly). Also still I have 3 caravans running probably they will bring me another 100K until they are destroyed.

McumF.png

Of course situation can change in late game (where bandits are 3x powered) or if you have lots of enemies or if you executed lots of lords in Calradia and if bandits are overpopulated however I made another test this morning in late game (year 1093) too. Situation was not so different, a bit risky than this. Some players get used to earn much from caravans (1K daily for long years like 400 days in total 400K from one caravan) however these caravans are not supposed to feed your armies. These are side mechanics. If you do not like new numbers and risks you do not have to form them. They were so OP before after nerf they are still good, if you see no value you do not have to form them. If player swims in money game become not challanging. We are also aware of lord battles are so easy and give tons of loot they will be fixed too. Different people are responsible from different parts. We are not trying to make game so hard but it should be reasonable not so hard not so easy.

I know game has missing features, some perks are not working, there are less quests less diplomacy options, war peace mechanics are a bit basic currently. Here lots of people are working for a better game in weird world conditions and everybody has their own responsible areas. Any of us cannot fix problems out of our responsible areas. I am trying to make parts which I am responsible better. If you need other things to be fixed before balancing / trade issues you need to reach people responsible from these parts, they are all aware of problems and working hard too. I am here sharing developments with you and getting your ideas / feedbacks to create a better and balanced trade systems.

Any changed formula or game rule is not final point currently. We will collect datas watch gameplays and do needed adjustments in next patches if needed.

We know you want more micro management at parts you are spending time at game. All ideas will be evaluated. According to priority and time we will schedule and implement some of them.

You should consider making caravans bigger, but slower. Make them have 100-120 troops, but make their speed a lot slower. This makes them a good early game investment (as bandits are unlikely to plunder such large caravans), but in the late game, most lords can easily overpower a 120 troop caravan.

Realistically, anyone trucking a huge amount of goods isn't going to be moving at lightning speed anyway (even with pack animals, carrying all that weight is very taxing on animals), they'll be moving at a slower rate, but hire plenty of mercenaries to protect their baggage train.

I'd say you should put their speed around 3.5, and put their troops at 100+. Keep the 18-20k cost for hiring one. This also gives incentive for a trader player to remain independent of kingdom wars.
  15. bantad87

You should be given a fief as soon you join a kingdom as a vassal, like in Warband

Being able to create patrols would be nice. I've also heard the suggestion that we should be able to just create a caravan and put our own troops in it. Or perhaps, like in Warband, you can give orders to one of your companion parties or those in your clan. Like ordering them to accompany a caravan.
    I know in Warband when you joined you would automatically get a fief, but it would be a village. Now that villages aren't manageable, its kind of harder to get a fief.

I don't think I've ever gotten 300 denars before. I could be wrong though, and I just never noticed it.

Yeah, when I joined the Sturgians, I got a 300 gold / day bonus from the King, until I was awarded Varcheg.

As for patrols, there happens to be an amazing mod, called BuyPatrols (https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/343?tab=description) that is truly amazing. Really controls bandits, you can make it avoid attacking caravans, and the new version with Lords hiring them makes the snowball even slower.
Back
Top Bottom