Recent content by avion365

1. avion365

Beta3 to be delayed.

bebonzy09 said:
    Deofuta said:
    bebonzy09 said:
    I could spend the time making a more relative allusion, but I don't have the time. Hopefully you and everyone else get my point here and maybe you reconsider.

It is very important that allusions are structurally sound. Otherwise you fall into the dangerous trap of comparing incompatible things.

Incomparable*
    Its the same thing..............
  2. avion365

Beta3 to be delayed.

Not that I have any authority or anything, but I wish to remind people that Personal Insults and the such are against the T.O.S.
    See Below.
    T.O.S. said:
    No derogatory or discriminatory remarks based on ethnicity or religion. No hate propoganda, no racism
    Racism of any kind will not be tolerated. This is an international community with members from many different cultures and backgrounds. Breaking this carries the same penalties as above. Note that this includes (but is by no means limited to) sexism, religious based hatred and similar.

No trolling, flaming or anything similar
    This is an open, friendly community and also the first stop for those seeking information or assistance of the game. We will not tolerate flaming or trolling, this includes but is not limited to deliberately trying to provoke an argument, personal insults and verbal attacks.  If you disagree with what someone has said, debate the point, not the person.
    I would like to remind all of our members that this community is provided for the use of all members, not just those with a high post count or early join date. We all get sick of reading the same questions again and again, however we'd rather you didn't bother replying if you don't have something constructive to say. Remember, you were a newbie once 

That being said I do support Deo in this, He did it simply because of the rules and regulations made by a server that has no competition, and a server that has no competition has no need to improve or be good at all, even the official servers need to have this.
  3. avion365

NA_PW_Official

Good Luck
  4. avion365

[NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

As soon as mapping tools are out i will make a (few?) bigger map for events if anyone wants to use them.
  5. avion365

[NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Is there going to be an ETA on the mapping sthuff?
  6. avion365

The best shot!

Twas bored, so shot at the beginning of the round

36EFCFA1F7BAD8F9ADE8F8090F217CFF20E843E7
  7. avion365

The Infantry Organization Guide | Contributions Made by Community

Barbero - "The Battle" p 92
  8. avion365

TheBoberton said:
    avion365 said:
    My collage goes off of circa 1820-ish British drill, the smallest unit we can do full scale maneuvers in is a platoon. We could go to squad but we would be unable to do any counter marches or wheels. Platoons each have a Sargent and a Lieutenant, with file leaders(modern day squad leaders). These Platoons can act independent of each-other, but we prefer to march in company level.

Aye, they could, but I've only seen records of companies independently deployed in combat, hence my statement 'deployed by the British army'. Also, I'd imagine that the military drill of the British army had evolved since Waterloo. (I've actually found a drill manual that was written in 1816, that speaks of platoons.)
    Also, I should point out that despite the fact that I'm sounding like an arrogant ****, I'm not trying to.

Found this;
    Each of the eight center companies was divided into 2 half-companies.
    Theoretically the company consisted of:
    - 3 officers (incl. 1 captain)
    - 5 NCOs (2 sergeants and 3 corporals)
    - 1 drummer (and sometimes 1 fifer)
    - 85-100 privates (in Foot Guard more).
    http://www.napolun.com/mirror/napoleonistyka.atspace.com/foreigners_British_army.htm
  9. avion365

TheBoberton said:
    Lommo said:
    dead wrong.

And your source for this is..? Mine is the fact that I've never found any records of combat 'platoons'. Light companies and (Light infantry) regiments did separate companies into four 'platoons', solely for the purpose of patrols and watches, but they never went into combat to operate independently. They also separated into three sections whilst skirmishing, but that was to allow the skirmish line to not be entirely decimated, should they encounter cavalry or line infantry. (Two sections skirmishing, one in line as a reserve.)

If my research is wrong, by all means correct me. But what you're doing here is saying that I'm wrong without providing a counter-argument to what I've said.

My collage goes off of circa 1820-ish British drill, the smallest unit we can do full scale maneuvers in is a platoon. We could go to squad but we would be unable to do any counter marches or wheels. Platoons each have a Sargent and a Lieutenant, with file leaders(modern day squad leaders). These Platoons can act independent of each-other, but we prefer to march in company level.
  10. avion365

NW Completed Saturday NA Conquest Weekly Event

Event no longer hosted

/lock
  11. avion365

The 1st East Prussian Infantry (1stEPI) * The Oldest in the Community*

Guess what
    i-am-back-261x300.jpg

*may change definition of "back" due to internet suckage
Back
Top Bottom