Recent content by Aquila SPQR

1. People hidden in bushes during dialogue

That's how almost all my dialogues work - and it's happening only in 1257. I'm using Repolished version. Is there a way to fix it?
  2. Bring back auto-blocking.

in my opinion good gamedesign is such that can be played completely casualy without much difficulty and can become complex and challenging when the dificulty is turned up :smile:

That's the ideal solution. As much options and ability to customize as possible. With such demand even if devs won't budge - I think modders will add such option relatively quickly.
  3. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

I'd love to see what you have to say about the guy with non-functional fingers. Does he just "not want to do it"?

Probably this, because there's "or" there:
    And there are old players who have problems and can't or don't want to overcome them.

"WE ARE THE DEVELOPERS AND WILL DECIDE HOW YOU PLAY"

But... it's their game and they are totally entitled to do that. What makes you think you have the right to tell them how they should make their game?
    I don't know about others, but if I don't like some game - I don't play it. Simple as that.
  4. Bring back auto-blocking.

Right now, using anything other than a shield you get completely smashed when 2 or 3 dudes come at you constantly swinging.. makes it night impossible to defend.

To be honest I think that's what actually would happen in real life. So it's quite realistic and I know that realism doesn't equal fun, but I also think that there are things that should be difficult to master - again like in real life. And I also think that if you spent more time practising you'd most probably get better at it and would be able to defend yourself. Don't quit so early and believe in yourself.

Also I know it's awesome to cut through enemies with a huge two handed sword like a pro without any real effort, but it's also not what some other players like to see in their games.
  5. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

^ Aquila just seems to have serious issues with accepting anyone else's opinion , but his own (geez, poor spouse and family of that guy)
    Only a completely blind person could not see that the same can be written about many others over here - including you.

I am, and you are. Stop stirring this particular pot.

You're not (in position to do this, your position only gives you the ability to punish people breaking the rules, and I'm not breaking it unlike some others over here) and I'm not (embarrasing myself, since I have my own opinion based on arguments I was able to present. You don't have to agree with them and words like "embarrasment" etc. are merely personal opinions, not facts). So word against the word. And scroll back a bit and you'll see that I wrote I consider this topic closed and won't respond until provoked by direct quotes, since then I'm merely responding to insults or accusations so I'm not sure I'm the one who's "stirring".

Being an arrogant butt and a stupid cretin at the same time must be a horrible experience.

I don't know, but you're probably right. Equally horrible as reading petty, failed insults.
    Short note - "stupid cretin" is actually a pleonasm, a fault of style.

Honestly, those could be options that are added to the game. To make the economy easier or making battles easier. I don't see why that's a problem. The only thing I could imagine is that you want some sort of pride from playing a video game that is difficult. If that's what you're after, you would enjoy dark souls. But not every game has to be dark souls

Of course they could be added. Devs are adding cheat codes after all for people to use and if not - there are often trainers made by other people. So - one way or another - sooner or later - they will be available. I've never denied that.

Pride may come from overcoming the obstacles but it's not really about that. It's more about getting a grip on yourself. No matter how bad the economic situation is in all the games I play - I'd never use a money cheat. I noticed many times before that after using cheats I immediately lose interest in continuing and usually start a new game. To have the options to cheat or lower the difficulty is one thing - to use it - another. Some may say they have to use it, because... (and here's a list of arguments). The real question is - do they really have to use it, or do they just try to find excuses to avoid putting more effort? In short - maybe instead of demanding the game to be easier - try a bit harder at first? As I've said - I do not complain about the game options, but about specific mentality and attitude. It's not the "git gud or die". It's more "ok, it seems it's hard for you, but don't quit so early and please try a bit harder because I believe you most probably would do fine if you tried a bit harder". Don't you think it's actually a good advice?

And when it comes to old age and reflexes - a quote from another thread:

My 52 year old father has been enjoying bannerlord and he likes to play realistic and got bad reflexes.? He has been loving the game and he didn't even notice that auto-block was gone

It's not that absolutely all older people with slower reflexes can't enjoy the game so they HAVE TO use the auto-block. It's not an argument and it never was.
    There are old players who have no problems with new blocking.
    There are old players who had problems with new blocking and were able to overcome them and play happily since then.
    And there are old players who have problems and can't or don't want to overcome them.

And if I had to choose I'd say that probably more of them simply don't want to do it and instead they demand an easier route to the same goal all others achieved. Again - it's just a personal opinion.
  6. Will there be any mods during the early access?

Some new warband mods are being released now, after so many years of the warband's own release. It takes time to make a proper mod, so I think that all medieval and ancient history lovers will have to wait. Personally I'm not really interested in this fictional Calradia and I play only historical/LOTR mods for warband so I'm waiting for mods as well.
  7. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

It's a lot of text, what is your point?

Everything's there. Just read it.

The game is missing core option, which makes it unplayable by people with disabilities, slow reflexes and of old age.
    Pray you never learn how to tune your gaming when you become one of them, and you will, with age.

And? There is a lot of games requiring better reflexes and other qualities which I don't have. And I simply do not play them and I'm not asking anyone to change them for me, even though it seems I should, according to the "ego" some of you accuse me of. That's the point of my arguments, if you still haven't found it.

Omfg aquila no one except you is a warband tryhard sweat who plays to flex or whatever,

I noticed quite a lot of responses "learn how to play" (more or less) on this forum on other "NO AUTO BLOCK" topics, so "nobody" isn't true. Also there's a lot of players who do not post here at all, so... I'm not sure you're the spokesman of every warband/bannerlord player. And to be honest I'm also not a "tryhard sweat", you came to the wrong conclusion. When playing warband I often miss enemies when I try to hit them. Or hit trees while riding. Or die without scratching enemies. And it's fine, no problems with that. Maybe because I accept I'm not perfect and I, from time to time, can fail.

go take your ego problems to the therapist not vent it out here no one wants to listen to it

Let's see... I accept the game as it is. I do not demand from anyone to make it easier for me. I do not deny others to have the options they want or enjoy the game as they like and I'm merely stating that demanding from the game developers to make changes to fit someone's lesser abilities is not actually very proper and that trying to increase someone's skill is much better instead. In short - I believe that everyone should strive to be better at doing things they want to do and if they can't - they should consider switching hobbies. And it is I who have ego problems? Interesting.

As I've said - you're free to disagree, I disagree with you and that's why I understand that you're absolutely entitled to do the same. Accusing of ego problems, sending to therapist etc. are just empty phrases and petty insults. Completely unwarranted unless you know the person you're talking about very well - which you don't in this case.

No, you attacked people that just want a feature that have been part of the series, just to point out how superior you are to the people that want the feature back.

Point me to the exact place where I wrote that I'm good or better at the new blocking system. Take all the time you need :wink:

You're just back stepping. Making a point is fine, even when it's wrong, it's how you make the point that matters.

Or "how you react to the point that do not match your opinion on the subject". You disagree with me and it's fine, no offense taken. I disagree with others and suddenly I learn I have ego problems, I'm a sweating perfectionist or whatever :grin:

This was not making a point, it was being snide, talking down and ridiculing people for asking a question.

And that's your opinion. People with a tougher skin maybe would see it as an "exaggeration" not aimed at the author, but the idea of demanding from the world to change to fit someone's abilities instead of striving to become better and overcome obstacles.

Not one person here cares if you are against or for auto-block, we are all bothered by how you presented your opinions

Then you focus on the wrong thing, what else can I say? There's a lot of nice truths out there and a lot of ugly ones. Some people like to stay in their comfort zones, some others have no problems with facing the ugly reality.

I merely pointed out that people have different abilities and some are more and some less suited to do the same task (which may be considered unpleasant by some, especially if they are in the less suited group) and that instead of asking the world to be easier - it's better to overcome the problems. It may also be an unpleasant truth, especially for those who don't want to invest and actually make the effort to become better at doing this. The examples of disabled musicians and climbers served as an example of those who overcame the obstacles without demanding from the world to change.

Here's the reality of the situation, if I wanted a challenge I'd go look for a ****ing mountain, if I want to have fun, I'll do whatever the **** I want however the **** I want, and I have the common decency to make sure my fun doesn't stop or force others to do anything they would rather not. In case it wasn't clear..

But it seems you won't have the common decency to NOT ask someone else to change their product or offer to serve your version of "fun". It reminds me of the "artists" who demand their hotel rooms to be painted in their favorite color because they refuse to stay in a room painted in any other color. So "repaint it or I'll cancel my reservation!". Is it a "common decency"?

And again - maybe because you focused on "how I presented" and not "what I presented" - I don't deny anyone the right to enjoy the game as they want and like.

Don't force others to live by your ideals, if they were good ones people would do it willingly.

Please tell me how I force you right now? Do I hold you at gunpoint? I'm merely stating what's a good and what's a wrong choice in my opinion. I do not threaten anyone I'll punish them if they don't comply and I do not send petitions to the devs to never add such option to the game. I think you overestimate my abilities and, of course, misjudge my intentions.

And you also overestimate people's ability to judge. We wouldn't have so many drunkards, smokers and obese people otherwise.

That’s hilarious. M&B originally launched without manual blocking, according to what I’ve been told. It was added after launch because people like you demanded it be added to fit their skill and abilities. I guess it’s fine when you guys do it, huh?

I don't recall "doing this", it seems you confuse me with someone else :wink:
  8. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

Aquila, drop the attitude. You're only embarassing yourself.

I'm presenting my stance on the subject, you may disagree, dislike, don't care, whatever (assuming you understood what I was actually trying to say), but I'm afraid you're not in position to tell whether I'm embarassing myself or not. You're of course free to think like that, some others are of course free to agree with you, some others - disagree.
    The number of agreeing/disagreeing people is not the measure of "truth" on the internet. If you don't believe - try writing "the Earth is round" on the flatearthers forum. Even as high as 99% of "lol stop embarassing yourself" responses won't suddenly make the Earth flat.

I wrote what I wanted to write, some will read it and disagree, some will read it and agree. I see no point in discussing it any further, unless directly provoked by quoting.
  9. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

So... you think enjoyment of playing a video game is equatable to climbing a mountain and should require the same amount of effort, and those who choose not to invest that effort are worth less than those who do?

No. Mountain is the same height for everyone. True, some people are more fit that others, some have two legs and some others only one or none at all, yet the mountain is still the same. Disabled people will have more difficulty climbing it but no one said it will be impossible for them.
    I was actually talking about the mentality of some people. Some disabled people (including obese ones) will look at that mountain and say "ok, it'll be harder for me to get there but I'll do it!" and some other will be "it's an outrage I can't climb that mountain like others are doing! I demand an escalator to the top!"

And you know - it'd be ok to have such escalator, hidden of course so it wouldn't ruin the natural beauty. It's also ok to provide others with means to enjoy the view from the top, to make it easier to reach it (to some degree of course, because it shouldn't damage or lower the experience of those who can climb there without assistance).

But it's not ok to say "you HAVE TO change it so it could fit MY skills and abilities!"

If you think that you can't climb the mountain - maybe stop thinking about climbing the mountain and enjoy beaches instead. It's a simple truth many egocentric people forget nowadays.

I'm going to let you into a little secret: You are not the arbiter of other people's worth, and trying to do it over a video game is mind-bogglingly narcissistic.

Did I say anything about anyone's from this thread worth? Yes - there are things in life requiring some skill. Some things are easier, some more difficult. It's up to everyone to pick what they like and what fits their abilities. Some people will stick to the easy tasks, some will be ambitious. Some of those ambitious will actually make an effort and become good and some of those ambitious will fail. That's perfectly natural. You see I actually suck at climbing. I don't feel enough desire to make myself better at it, so I don't climb and I don't try to convince others to make it easier for me by carving stairs. Maybe because the world does not revolve around me after all.

Go take your superiority complex somewhere else. Some people enjoy games different ways. You're not helpful and nobody likes you.

Nice to meet you, the spokesman of 7,774,469,843 people..

We just want to have fun our own way. Is that so hard to accept?

And you'll have it, don't worry. I'm perfectly fine with that, so no, it's not hard at all to accept. It's all about attitude and having all sorts of demands from the world, not about availability of a game option.
  10. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

"Can we please have an option..." is inclusive. "Git gud" is exclusive. The former is being a decent human being who realizes that not everyone has the skill, reflexes or even body parts required to play the game without an autoblock feature. The latter is being an ignorant piece of garbage. You may wish to rethink which side you want to pick.

Or the latter is just a statement noticing the overall trend to make various games dumbed down. We may also divide people into two other groups - those who see the obstacles and try to overcome them by becoming better in order to achieve success and those who see the obstacles and demand the removal of those obstacles, because they also want to achieve that success but without much or any effort at all. In real life we may compare it to the people who run and workout a lot in order to lose weight and people who buy pills because they think that taking those pills and not moving their lazy ass is enough to lose weight.

And now look closely at my previous posts and show me where exactly I wrote that such option should not be added to the game. I'm sure sooner or later someone will make such option posssible (devs or the modders) because I believe that the amount of "I want to be good without making any effort" or "I want to do the same things other people are doing but without the same effort they put into this" people is quite huge out there and devs have to keep that in mind in order to maximize profit.

ten digits meaning less than ten fingers

I know, or at least that's what I assumed. I also know there are people who have no hand and yet they play violin. And people without legs who climb the mountains without demanding from the world to build them an escalator to the top.
  11. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

Some of us have less than ten digits, homie. Quit being rude. The option to alter controls makes the game more accessible.
    There's nothing rude in my comment. Obviously a game which has a lot of hand to hand combat should require some skill. When someone says "oh, let's make that part easier because I'm not good at it" then why not add other things making game easier for the economically impaired or those who who are mad when they lose a battle? Let's think about them too!

But don't worry, sooner or later there will be a mod or the devs will add the option you want.
  12. The difference a decade makes.

I wish the devs success because Warband was, and hopefully Bannerlord will be, an awesome base for historically accurate mods. Imagine all those ancient and medieval mods coming to us in the next few years.
  13. SP - Battles & Sieges Auto-block in singleplayer

Let's also make an option to earn a 1 000 000 each week and kill all enemies in a battle with a special key, you know, for all those who do not take things seriously and just want to relieve stress with a childishly easy game. What do you think?
  14. SP Musket Era Csatádi's Visual and Historical Mod

Yes! I've just found it and came here to edit my previous post  :grin:
  15. SP Musket Era Csatádi's Visual and Historical Mod

I have a strange problem with this mod. I downloaded it, but wanted to change town and npc names. I did it as usual - in parties.txt. and troops.txt. Changes saved, but in game when I load the mod and start a new game - there are still original names. Then I used Morghs editor - but it shows that names are changed, yet in game I still have old ones. There's literally no file I know from which game could "take" old names - and yet they are still present when I start new game. How is that possible? Do I have to delete something to force game to regenerate names from the new, edited file or what?

EDIT- I've found the solution.
Back
Top Bottom