Users who are viewing this thread

Even if the lag/crashes were fixed the no auto block and no inverse mouse movement control options were an instant refund from me.
It feels damn silly to move the mouse right to swing left...

do you want everything to be automatic? What fun does that have? Learn to play boys.
I'd prefer an automatic mute for douchebags online as well, but I suppose I could settle for a manual one.

For sure, not everyone wants to have Mordhau type of fight in singleplayer. People just wanna chill sometimes
I HATED Mordhau.

It's a lot more fun if you learn to fight skillfully.
I could say the same thing about real life. But not everyone wants that either. I got meathooks for hands. I wanna sit back, drink a few beers and relax. I don't want to deal with stress just so some 140 pound l33t CoD type and rant about how much "skillz" he has.

Started the game and gave up because of lack of auto-block. And I don't get the idiocy of those that are were complaining about something that don't impact them, if there are a few players that like to play without it, there are probably a lot more that like and use it, specially considering that it was am option in the anterior games. Don't forget that you still have to time your block, it's not like the AI just blocks for you.

Some of us have less than ten digits, homie. Quit being rude. The option to alter controls makes the game more accessible.
There's nothing rude in my comment. Obviously a game which has a lot of hand to hand combat should require some skill. When someone says "oh, let's make that part easier because I'm not good at it" then why not add other things making game easier for the economically impaired or those who who are mad when they lose a battle? Let's think about them too!

But don't worry, sooner or later there will be a mod or the devs will add the option you want.

I agree that there should be auto block, and i won't "git gud" or get the "skillz" because someone wants to think that their special because of some unknown complexes.

I don't have time to play 12 hours, even if I had I wouldn't do that. I'm old, I have job and family also other responsibilities. I don't have time to hone my skill in blocking because someone thinks that.

I just want to play and have fun like the old days.

I want to explore smithing and the world, but that needs to be at least fine with fighting and I cannot do this without blocking like in M&B and M&B Warband.

So TaleWords get this done ASAP. We believe in you and please hear out older players who don't have time to no life in a game to be good at manual blocking. You dont need to force it, just make a checkbox.

There's nothing rude in my comment. Obviously a game which has a lot of hand to hand combat should require some skill. When someone says "oh, let's make that part easier because I'm not good at it" then why not add other things making game easier for the economically impaired or those who who are mad when they lose a battle? Let's think about them too!

But don't worry, sooner or later there will be a mod or the devs will add the option you want.

"Can we please have an option..." is inclusive. "Git gud" is exclusive. The former is being a decent human being who realizes that not everyone has the skill, reflexes or even body parts required to play the game without an autoblock feature. The latter is being an ignorant piece of garbage. You may wish to rethink which side you want to pick.

...ten digits meaning less than ten fingers...

"Can we please have an option..." is inclusive. "Git gud" is exclusive. The former is being a decent human being who realizes that not everyone has the skill, reflexes or even body parts required to play the game without an autoblock feature. The latter is being an ignorant piece of garbage. You may wish to rethink which side you want to pick.

Oh man....when you try and make a point while ignoring the fact somebody is missing fingers...?

It's single player dude. if there were checkboxes that said Total Immunity and Deal 10x damage you wouldn't have to check them. Skill doesn't matter in single player. Fun does.

I have two comments.

A: It should be in the game even if I personally dont use it.

B: This might be a way to introduce SP to manual block to make the switch fron SP to MP easier and less frustrating. (And its not too hard to learn it, still see point A)

I have two comments.

B: This might be a way to introduce SP to manual block to make the switch fron SP to MP easier and less frustrating. (And its not too hard to learn it, still see point A)

S'fine and good. Like you said though should be in the game, QoL for a lot of people.

Or the latter is just a statement noticing the overall trend to make various games dumbed down. We may also divide people into two other groups - those who see the obstacles and try to overcome them by becoming better in order to achieve success and those who see the obstacles and demand the removal of those obstacles, because they also want to achieve that success but without much or any effort at all. In real life we may compare it to the people who run and workout a lot in order to lose weight and people who buy pills because they think that taking those pills and not moving their lazy ass is enough to lose weight.

And now look closely at my previous posts and show me where exactly I wrote that such option should not be added to the game. I'm sure sooner or later someone will make such option posssible (devs or the modders) because I believe that the amount of "I want to be good without making any effort" or "I want to do the same things other people are doing but without the same effort they put into this" people is quite huge out there and devs have to keep that in mind in order to maximize profit.

ten digits meaning less than ten fingers

I know, or at least that's what I assumed. I also know there are people who have no hand and yet they play violin. And people without legs who climb the mountains without demanding from the world to build them an escalator to the top.

Oh man....when you try and make a point while ignoring the fact somebody is missing fingers...?

15, 20 years ago I was playing FPS games with an amazing team in the European e-sports leagues. These days I barely play FPS anymore and when I do, it's in single-player with the difficulty firmly set to "Normal".

The folks arguing against adding autoblock are doing so because they cannot comprehend that people physically less able than themselves actually play video games and still have fun doing it. Even more shortsighted, they don't realize that one day they'll be in exactly the same position.

Or the latter is just a statement noticing the overall trend to make various games dumbed down. We may also divide people into two other groups - those who see the obstacles and try to overcome them by becoming better in order to achieve success and those who see the obstacles and demand the removal of those obstacles, because they also want to achieve that success but without much or any effort at all. In real life we may compare it to the people who run and workout a lot in order to lose weight and people who buy pills because they think that taking those pills and not moving their lazy ass is enough to lose weight.

And now look closely at my previous posts and show me where exactly I wrote that such option should not be added to the game. I'm sure sooner or later someone will make such option posssible (devs or the modders) because I believe that the amount of "I want to be good without making any effort" or "I want to do the same things other people are doing but without the same effort they put into this" people is quite huge out there and devs have to keep that in mind in order to maximize profit.

I know, or at least that's what I assumed. I also know there are people who have no hand and yet they play violin. And people without legs who climb the mountains without demanding from the world to build them an escalator to the top.

So... you think enjoyment of playing a video game is equatable to climbing a mountain and should require the same amount of effort, and those who choose not to invest that effort are worth less than those who do?

I'm going to let you into a little secret: You are not the arbiter of other people's worth, and trying to do it over a video game is mind-bogglingly narcissistic.

Let's also make an option to earn a 1 000 000 each week and kill all enemies in a battle with a special key, you know, for all those who do not take things seriously and just want to relieve stress with a childishly easy game. What do you think?
Go take your superiority complex somewhere else. Some people enjoy games different ways. You're not helpful and nobody likes you.

+1 I didn't understand why as well. I like not being too worried about defense in SP, I also like plaiyng MP for the challenge and comunnity. There is no need to join both in this regard

That's a very long way to say "Waaaa everyone play as I do!"

We just want to have fun our own way. Is that so hard to accept? Many of us play other games for challenges like that. Hell, many people here play MP for that.

Go take your superiority complex somewhere else. Some people enjoy games different ways. You're not helpful and nobody likes you.

Apparently, because we cannot or will not put in the effort to use manual blocking, we're worth less than those who can do it.

Pro-gamers. Better than you or me!

If your pride and joy is being good at a video game and being angry that some people don't like games be extremely hard, then there is something wrong with you and you need to reevaluate yourself

For the time being you should turn the combat A.I. to very easy so that you don't have to block to often.
I never used auto-block in my life, but people should be able to tailor their singleplayer experience and do what the hell they want because that is the beauty of a sandbox.

In multiplayer it's our reserved sweaty boys pool, however.

I have two comments.

As for B if I wanted multiplayer I'd play Mordhau.

Back
Top Bottom