Recent content by anonMine

1. Resolved Companions and nobles die extremely too often, ruining the game

ok I m not 100% sure about this, (my game keeps crashing since I updated to 1.57). when you look at the battle screen during the battle and you see someone dying, you can retreat. now what I did was leaving the battle because I was the attacker and my wife died as planned. sadly she came back to life. I do not know if this exploit can be use to save your companions, as I say, I left the battle as I was just interested in killing my wife, so maybe if you go back in battle and the battle is resolved entirely they die for good, but I think is it cancels every death before your retreat. so retreating and going back into battle might be the option to save your companions for now. so for reminder, tab to see if anyone died, middle mouse to get the cursor on that screen then press retreat, you end up back to the world map with option to go back into battle.

to be honest this retreating thing in the middle of the battle is a bit broken (completely broken actually) and I hope they find a better way to implement it like a limited amount of retreat or retreat point you need to earn in battle. but that s off topic.
  2. Resolved Companions and nobles die extremely too often, ruining the game

I'm not sure if twins are also possible in Bannerlord,
    yes they are, first one I got were twins. happened once. maybe a bug tho, who knows...

age 43

I ve been chasing mercenaries factions and all I got so far are the lake rat and forest idiots...most of them are not even touched, the karakhergit, I have no idea how many time I beaten them up, but a lot, and nothing. not one death. I have no idea how you do it or if my files are corrupt but there is something wrong here. the number of people a manage to kill is insanely low. I wonder if it s affected by your medicine skill now... if it is, that would explain it. ( I never do auto-resolve)

anyway, this playthrough is pretty much over anyway, I m going to try without any point in medicine.
  3. Resolved Companions and nobles die extremely too often, ruining the game

I have played Mount & Blade for more than a thousand hours on absolute maximum difficulty; it isn't possible to always protect your companions from danger, if you fight the large battles that are a normal part of late-game play. One can't keep companions safe while commanding troops effectively and also personally chipping away at the enemy, as is often required to win the battle. The only way to keep companions alive in these large, tough battles is to immediately tell them to retreat, so they're effectively non-combatants.

Regardless: whether one enjoys a mechanic or not does not mean one should belittle those who dislike it and who wish for an option to turn it off, particularly when said mechanic is an abrupt, experimental departure from how the game has been for nearly ten years.

ok guys, I don't understand you. there IS an option to disable it. it s right in the beginning. now yes, like zorion says, it does put birth and death in the same category, but to avoid demographic explosion, and since they didn't figure out yet how to add death in automatic battles without breaking the game, it has to be high (or it will break your game in the exact other direction, even with 10% death rate I have a hard time getting rid of some families after 18 years and I ve been trying since the beginning).

but saying everyone think the same and spamming that it has to change with a complete arbitrary number while 1) you can disable it, 2) there is plenty of people who welcome this mechanic, 3) what you propose is equivalent of disabling it (granted, without the births). is the worst idea

I am not in favor of reducing arbitrarily that number.

I do think they can separate those functionality and give people who want to test the education system a way to allow birth for their character/character's wife. so no other lord can spam kids, limit the number of lords in a reasonable way.

the slider might be the best idea for both dev and players as it allow to get some actual data on the issue.
  4. Resolved Companions and nobles die extremely too often, ruining the game

"Imagine being this triggered and gloating about "skill" in a SP early access game. "
    I was quoting you you absolute *bruh*.
  5. Resolved Companions and nobles die extremely too often, ruining the game

I m hunting for lords all over the map and their dying rate is absurdly low. and for the companion, they are not so vital. it also allows you to change wives from time to time to get better gears. dying in battle is a great mechanic and if you "played the game" you d know how to protect your men and win without any losses. cutting their head is broken tho, it ruins your relationship with everyone even tho they have been raiding your villages for years it s still somehow dishonorable to get their head off.
  6. Resolved Companions and nobles die extremely too often, ruining the game

if anything they don't die enough...I don't get it. and I doubt about those 10%. now I have to deal with their ****ty brats on top of them.
  7. Resolved Wife doesn't get pregnant.

I am not entirely sure about this but it seems wife stopped functioning properly after a few use, so I replaced her and it s working for a few times then again it stopped. so the best strategy is to have a few try (3 -4 times) then when it seems to stop working get her removed with the help of a bunch of looters and get a new one. I m still working on it, it might cap there as well. I ll have to try this strat more to make sure it s not a fluke. I m on 1.5.6
  8. Resolved Wife doesn't get pregnant.

All you're supposed to have to do is wait(through daily ticks) in the same time settlement as wife, in you party, with her as governor, or her put in keep/tavern all should work. However sometimes there is a bug where the game think your party members are 'traveling' instead of staying in the settlement, so putting wife in tavern (use + button) or keep or as governor should get the game to recognize them as staying.
    alright, I did put my wife in a settlement with the + button, then I waited a bit and it worked alright. few days and she was pregnant. thanks a lot. I managed to spawn a small battalion already, waiting for it to mature. I still think waiting in a settlement to get it done is a bit tedious (it s not like there is anything to do there). but I understand that spawning an army is also a problem.
  9. Resolved Wife doesn't get pregnant.

is there anything else to do than to have your wife in your party? if there is, please tell us what it is, it s like playing a game blindfolded trying to figure out the basic mechanic of the game, what the heck did you do again with the pregnancy system... I ve been waiting doing nothing in a town for ages and no pregnancy, nothing. there is no way to understand this game ... it s going in one direction then all the way in the other direction on the next patch and so on. we have no idea how to play this game anymore. I really don't understand how you are working on this game.
  10. SP - General Sturgia worst performing faction, due to having the worst Troop tree, Liege AI, Economy and Geography.

they keep getting at war in the begining of the game with the freaking aserai... I don't get it. why the freaking aserai.
  11. In Progress I've been married for almost 10 years and my wife isn't getting pregnant

I got 2 children that never ages.... they must be 20 or something atm, but they still look like 5 years old. my wife is in my party since we married and she only made 2 child. other clan have a huge babyboom (lucon from the northern empire I need to destroy is trying to rebuild his kingdom with children? he has no one left and yet he still didn't lost hope, so I guess that s his plan cause he made a ****load of children.
  12. Resolved Fighing yourself...

what if you lose the battle?
  13. SP - General Sturgia worst performing faction, due to having the worst Troop tree, Liege AI, Economy and Geography.

my problem is, if they are some kind of north / viking faction, giving them more villages doesn't make much sense lore-wise. the land should be pretty hard to farm and get resources from. Their main resources should be from raiding nearby kingdom hence make their mobility more effective and their defense more based on their environment (make the mobility of other faction in their land harder/ less sustainable to their troops). but ofc, just changing mobility won't cut it with the current ai, it needs to be change as well to make them more effective raiders. anyway, that s my thought about it. I think giving them more villages would make them more like other kingdom and it would harm the diversity of the world. I might be wrong...
  14. SP - General Sturgia worst performing faction, due to having the worst Troop tree, Liege AI, Economy and Geography.

It's a combination of factors, I've tested them further, and the lack of villages, bad output of products/produces (most of their villages only make fur, which is garbage for the AI economy, it's only good for players playing monopoly, they lack food, they have no horse villages, and they lack both mines and hardwood, making workshops in Sturgia suck balls), and starting with nerfed prosperity makes them the weakest faction in the game from day 1. They never have time or means to recover. Meanwhile, Battania (which seems to be the favorite pet of TW) basically gets 4 villages per town, decent starting prosperity, and are geographically protected, so they often obliterate western part of Sturgia with the "help" of Vlandia, while the eastern part gets obliterated by Khuzait. I've seen this happen not 1 playthrough, but 8 out of 10, that means something...
    yes you are right, their economy suck, and their castle and city are pretty much stuck in a narrow path. so if looter roam around they capture every villager in between the villages and the castle (ustokol, revyl ). I think giving them a bit more movement freedom would help a lot, but to make sure I should probably mod and test it.
  15. Resolved Companion Stuck in Castle

looks to me like she doesn't want to come back...
Back
Top Bottom