Recent content by Althix

1. Althix

Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

- 1.8.0 is unplayble due to lords defection late game.
    - please make separation units by role. In the current system of battle orders i CAN NOT reliably assign a group of shock infantry. That filter through "+" is useless. I want a simple separation on Cav, Mounted archers, archers, line (shield) infantry and shock infantry. Make it happen please.
  2. Althix

Ukraine Today

What--in your view--can NATO do to redeem itself for crimes it didn't even perpetrate?
    Redeeming itself for what?
    Let me put it this way. Soviet Union defeated Nazi Germany and liberated a lot of countries along the way. But, It the US who won the WW2 and this allowed them to be a super power we know it to be today. If Soviet Union made a different choices back in the day, perhaps it is SU would dictate its will across the globe, not the US. And in that case SU would behave just like US does today.

As for crimes it didn't even perpetrate, oh please. I already mentioned Noble Anvil. Countries of NATO block participating in Iraq war. Libya? How many people died during this operation and after?

It hardly matters though how many people died, local, personal tradegies are local, personal tradegies after all. But don't pull forces of good vs. forces of evil trick on me, i'm old enough to understand that there is no such thing as forces of good on this planet... or forces of evil for that matter. All regimes, no matter how they organized, are guilty in something.
    But the thing is, there have to be "an enemy" otherwise war is losing its justification. And this is where public relation comes to play.

I will give you an example. There was a rethoric on russian media about captured neo nazis. You know, entire package included with swastikas and stuff. And one of the "reasons" why Russia invaded is to implement denazification of the country right? So Russia captured these neo nazis, and exchanged them as PoW... As a tax payer i wanna know why did this happen, and i mind you i run a business with 20 working people, i pay taxes from my business and personal ones. So as a taxpayer i want to know why these nazi has not been shot on a spot, why they were exchanged? During WW2 SS dudes were hanged or shot without a trial.
    Yet, i can't even ask that question. I "don't have a right" to ask this question according to actual propaganda line. I don't have a right to ask a question why nazis are still breathing when russian soldiers commit suicides upon returning because they were castrated by these very same nazis. And this is not what you may find on russian media, i'm a former senior sergeant, deputy squad leader and BMP commander, i served during last stages of second Chechnya war so i have my connections.
    A rhetoric that i "don't have right" to ask questions, is a rather common these days in russian media. Message has changed. And i'm pretty sure than any media source anywhere on earth translates a message that fits best in the current circumstances. Putin is bad? Bad. NATO is bad? Bad. America is satan? For sure.

But at the end of the day,nobody, and i mean nobody cares about Ukraine. I don't. Nobody does. Either that or hypocrisy.
    ----
    Russia never had a liberal government.
    Do you know who Gaidar is? Market economy in Russia is his doing. Along with many other things.
    Because it will destroy Ukranian production, as it did destroyed Georgian. The flood of cheap goods will destroy any kind of local production in Ukraine, because it will be impossible to compete against it. It did happened in Georgia already, i fail to see how Ukraine can be different.
    It's a different century.
    and we live by the book that thousand years old, the book that serve as corner stone of our society. Century maybe a different one, but humans are still humans.
    And for sure, US are not trying to annex territories, because US are smarter than that and act differently.
    But mostly by invading them and stealing territory.
    Crimea? Mind you it is only an annexation if there was a coup in Kiev. No coup in Kiev, than it's not anannexation but referendum. You can't have one or another. But it's obviously an anannexation simply because of how it had been executed.
    You can't be your own proxy, dude.
    DNR and LNR are proxies. Just like Ukraine is a proxy for the West. Make no mistake and assume it is something different.
    I mean since 2014 there was a conflict between Ukranian regime and DPR and LPR. 8 years. It was happening for 8 years and only now Russia decided to protect these republics and acknowledge them?.. yeah right. Good timing though.
    ---
    as your blaming every individual citizen of any Western country for any bad thing that NATO has done. That is as nonsensical as blaming every Russian for what Putin is doing.
    I don't blame people. What i'm saying is any regime of any major country on this earth is responsible for something very nasty. And it is important to understand that. As ultimate redeemer and scape goat said "he who is without a sin cast the first stone".
    the US is just a very convenient example.
  3. Althix

Ukraine Today

Is that a yes to my question?
    the answer to your question is no, however, France is a part of NATO, and this organisation is responsible for many deaths. Organs harversing with NATO blessing? sure, why not?
    So no, don't pull bad and good guys on me. There is blood, and hands of every major powers on this planet is covered in blood elbows deep. Wanna talk about how exactly France acquired uraniun?
  4. Althix

Ukraine Today

French people
    operation Noble Anvil.
    Why does it always have to be Poland?
    well, it's not Poland now, because it is Ukraine now... or for now.
    I brought dates with military conflicts of the US, i can bring the same with Soviet Union or Russia. And frankly number of conflicts would be the same. To put it simple,if a country does not have a nuclear arsenal, that country may or probably will be used a battleground for countries that have a nuclear arsenal.
    I see little difference between current war in Ukraine and past wars like in Afghanistan, Vietnam and Korea. It's exactly the same scenario. I think the difference is, that it happens not somewhere overseas, but at your/mine backdoor.
    I just find it funny. Are people that naive? Correct me if i'm wrong, but not a single country that suffered color revolution become a better place after this revolution. Georgia? Free Trade Agreement. That's just as example. By the way, Erdogan signed Free Trade Agreement with Ukraine not long before Russian invansion. I really doubt it would end well for Ukraine anyway, despite of any outcome of this conflict.
    This is what a lot of Russians think.
    That's actually what Peterson belives is happening. So if a Canadian intellectual belives that Ukraine is just a battlegorund and a testground between Russia and the West, i believe it is so.
    But yes i agree, a lot of Russian people think that way, and that's a correct assumption. It's a proxy war.
    And we had it coming since 2000. It was just a matter of what country will be chosen. In 2014 it was obvious that it will be Ukraine.
    So there's a simple conclusion: you can't just replace Putin and pretend nothing happened.
    Here is the deal. We can demonize Putin to oblivion. But even if he would be replaced it will change nothing. Medvedev will be next in line and policy will be the same. And the list can go on. In order to change the situation, entire political regime of modern Russia should be removed, and that will not happen. Because we still remember attrocities on the 90s, and how 30% of population of the country almost died because of liberal goverment. So for russian people, the police state is better than the alternative.
  5. Althix

Ukraine Today

There can be no compromise.
    damn, you live a life full of fear it seems. Look under your bed, just in case there is Putin underneath, waiting to for you to go to sleep.

i will give you some numbers
    1946, 1950, 1958, 1959, 1964, 1965, 1967, 1977, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1994, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2011, 2014, 2015.
    I'm pretty sure that death toll behind these numbers is pretty substantional. I bet it is even greater than Hitler's. And if you are from States or you are from a NATO country. I suggest you look in the mirror and ask yourself do you have a moral right to say anything about anyone.

I can also list a different set of numbers that relates to Russia, because i'm aware of a death toll behind USSR and RF.
    But i am also aware who benefited the most from this conflict, you can check the stocks by yourself.
    Let me get this clear. This conflict is not about Ukraine, not about whatever they say on Russian tv or media. This is a conflict between West and Russia. Ukraine is just a battleground. Just like Korea has been, how Vietnam has been. So nothing new here. Narrative is the same.
    Perhaps in the alternative universe Russia joined NATO as Putin wanted to despite March 1946, and if this would be the case, we would be talking about bad and evil regimes of China and India right now.
    So please spare me of this nonsense you just wrote, i already mentioned a good book to read that explains how narrative works and how it is designed, on what part of socium it works best.

Do i care about Ukranian people? I don't. But i'm aware of the fact that current president of Ukraine already sold his country to Turkey (Erdogan was gorgeous btw in that moment). I'm aware that each and every newborn in Ukraine already has a debt his country will not be able to pay off in many, many, many generations and this newborn, his children and chidren of his children will be paying this debt until they die.

Nothing new here, business as usual.
    p.s. fun of fact. Some game has Ukranian flag as decoration that will cost a player ~ 2 USD. Each and every idiot who bought this decoration paid his own money to a russian game developer, and if to follow narrative of the last days, these idiots supported Putin's regime in war in Ukraine. Ain't that funny?
  6. Althix

Ukraine Today

they are politically-themed talk shows first and foremost
    Correct. If you are familiar with "Manufacturing Consent" book by Edward Herman and Noam Chomsky, there is an explanation of the difference between the soviet model of propaganda and the western model.
    For example here, in soviet Russia, for the last... 15 years the western model has been adopted and used with great success. Most of russian political talk shows are made by western license. However, for people who survived the russian 90s this model still doesn't really work and it mostly aimed at yonger generations. I honestly can't name a single individual or news outlet that i may consider trustworthy here in Russia.
    In the US, Rosenbaum case speaks volumes about how things are when it comes to news and narrative. Good thing that boy made it through. I used to read AP quite often and i used to have AP app on my phone, because i wanted to see a different point of view. Now i just trying to stay clear of that sort of things.
    But in the case of Zelensky i believe it was something big, maybe NYT or WP, i don't really remember, but i can look for it if needed. So i find this transition from a bad boy to a good boy as amusing.
  7. Althix

Ukraine Today

I honestly think I’m not qualified enough.
    me too, but the US media back in the day bashed him for corruption. But as soon as Russia invaded, he is now a hero. It s a rather drastic change if you ask me.
    Do you always get your information from pro-Russian youtubers?
    That info has been brought to me by ukranian dude, and it looks like this youtuber bashes both sides of this conflict, but hence he is an ukranian he mostly covers Ukraine.
    Yet, the case remains. That political party has been shut down for reasons unknown.
  8. Althix

Ukraine Today

There's a lot to unpack here.

well you can try.
    this was brought to my attention ^ along with information about numerous kills of certain individuals by the regimes of the previous and the current presidents of Ukraine. Oles Buzina is one of them.
    There is also a video with Ukranian PoWs after the events at Azovstal. Neo-nazi battalions that were created years before are still active.
    But i digress. I just want to know how come that "corrupt" Zelensky of yesterday, is a "hero" Zelensky of today?
  9. Althix

Ukraine Today

On a side note, our president is an actual clown and he’s the best we had since forever.
    Is he? I mean aside from him being a piano player. Major corruption across all levels, cancelation of all channels except "his" (yeah can be explained by war time, but iirc certain channels has been canceled because these channels "were selling narcissist"), elimination of opposing political movements, kidnapping of ukraine citizens and not to forget neo-nazi movements.
    As i see it, Ukraine is totally corrupted dictatorship, when Russia is a coppurted police state and/or dictatorship. I can understand why people in Russia call Putin the best president so far, but i fail to see a any reason why people call Zelensky the best president of Ukraine.
  10. Althix

SP - General Nobles of factions should heal for portion of damage dealt.

Look, i have ~ 2300 hours in this game, and this is not really that big of a number all things considered.
    People who play this game are using crafted weapons with absolute killing potential. For me it's sub-optimal lance with dismount capabilities.
    For others it's a long two handed polearm that cleaves through any unit in the game with a single swing. It can be a javelin that ignores all kind of protection of a target with a base damage high enough to kill a unit and a half with a body hit, and 3 units with a headshot, base damage my man, bonus damage from a speed can go up to 1500+.
    It can be a an axe that cleaves through multiple units at once killing them all.
    The list can continue.
    Do you undestand? Units do not live long enough to retaliate against a player. AI can fight AI, AI can not fight players.

If i would try to bash anything, i would not be trying to explain how things are in this game, i would go after the very concept of health regeneration from a damage dealt as if this game some kind japanese rpg or its horrible western analogue. And believe me i would have a field day in that case.
    Insetad i'm trying to point out, that such "feature" have no place or sense in bannerlord.
  11. Althix

Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

pffft.
    Pommels. It would be nice if all pommels unlocks would work on all weapons types. Why i have to unlock the very same weapon part but for a several different weapon types?
    I also have to unlock "none" for each of them.
    That is just silly.
  12. Althix

let me hammer it real quick
    1) there is not a single unit in the game that survives a hit of let say a javelin with 132 base damage. Enemy lords fall first, well at least in my case, because i hunt them down. It really doesn't matter how many hp they have. No difference. At all.
    2) there is no such thing as AI fight well in the battle, AI does suck in this game (well at least for now, i hope). Lords, companions, all of them are equally worthless. Bannerlord is not a Warband, quality and quantity of troops does matter, but a named NPC is just yet just another unit with no special skills, abilities and value.
    3) Simulations are in some particualar, so that if you ambush a group of looters with your 350+ party there is a really good chance that T6 units will die in some numbers. How many hp lords have in simaltions hardly matters. It does matter, but not as much as you assume it does.

Your suggestion is simply irrelevant. Because it has no impact on how things are in this game.
  13. Althix

It would be a lot of fun to see a still healthy and strong enemy lord to fight well into the battle.
    what for? it's not the warband it's the bannelord. and full hp lord still dies to a single lance hit. life of a single entity does not matter, unless that entity is you.
    But also a great way to get the player the benefit too, so that you can last a little longer in lengthy battles.
    this is what medicine skill and its perks are for. healing up to 40 hp after each battle is a very strong thing.
  14. Althix

Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Yea, it´s not possible at the moment, I guess TW is looking into it. They´re aware of it.
    mhm ok, thanks.
  15. Althix

Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

@TaleWords
    Can i respec husband or wife? because i looks like i can't.

"You can now reset your character's and companion's perk assignments through the arena master for a suitable price."

But it looks like i can't do that with nobles.
Back
Top Bottom