Recent content by Alhanalem

1. Alhanalem

quite possibly strangest issue i've encountered in native singleplayer

I do konw about the cheat menu, though it didn't occur to me to try using that to fix the problem.

How do you remove the cheat options afterward though? The cheat dialog options remain after disabling cheats again.

edit, figured it out, type 'nocheatmenu' in the console.
  2. Alhanalem

quite possibly strangest issue i've encountered in native singleplayer

Okay, here goes :p 1) I (female character) aided Arwa The Pearled One in her revolution and subsequently joined the Sarranid Sultanate. 2) Upon completion of the revolution, Sultan Hakim remained in the realm as a vassal of the Sultanate (Is this supposed to happen? Doesn't make much sense to...
  3. Alhanalem

New game for 1.142?

Only beta patches needed new games. Saves are generally compatible in every release version.
  4. Alhanalem

Disabling the Cheat Menu issues

Just wondering: Does having the cheatmenu on (or cheat mode on) prevent you from unlocking steam achievements? I'm assuming (and hoping) it does, but want to be sure- I hope that this didn't prevent me from earning any.
  5. Alhanalem

Disabling the Cheat Menu issues

Steam did indeed find a few corrupt files after this update. Thanks for that tip!
  6. Alhanalem

The new "invasion" mode (as I like to call it) from F&S

Against waves of bots? That's not in F&S
    um yes it is. It's the new captain co-op mode.

Also, I'd prefer a game type mod to just change the game type and not add all kinds of random new stuff- e.g. I still want it to be the swads and the nords and the khergits, etc.
  7. Alhanalem

The new "invasion" mode (as I like to call it) from F&S

There any possibility of adding this co-op players vs waves of bots mode to Warband/ some of us (like myself at least) like F&S (and have bought it) but prefer the 13th century setting of Warband to F&S's much later time period. I did enjoy playing the F&S mode, I would just enjoy it more in...
  8. Alhanalem

Mit Nun quest

The NPC will not have the name given to you by the lord when you walk up to him. The name comes up during dialog.

You are looking for an NPC called Nervous Man. He will only appear during the day time and will usually be off in a corner or hiding inside/behind a building.
  9. Alhanalem

I still want my Warband CD Key

There's no difference between the steam and non steam versions. Why would you hope that so strongly? Not to say this issue wasn't a mistake, because it was, but still.

Steam is not bad, it's not evil, it doesn't hurt your computer, it doesn't sap excessive resources unless you've got a pentium 3 and 128 MB of RAM- it is NOT hurting your game's performance, no matter how much you'd like to believe it. Most of the bad things people say a bout it are just myths and lies spread by haters. If you didn't want to use steam in the first place, why didn't you get the game from another source?
  10. Alhanalem

Unwanted lords

Baretta said:
    To make a long story short:

Lords from different factions keep joining my faction right after being kicked out of their original faction.
    I do not want them to be a part of my faction, yet when i find them in my cities they have automatically joined my faction without my approval!

How do I end this frustrating problem?
    This is a bug, and it's actually been fixed for the next patch. I submitted it a while ago.

Basically, if a lord *defects*, you have the option to reject them. But if they're exiled, they bypass the approval dialog. After the next patch, they will need to get your approval regardless of how they came to your faction.
  11. Alhanalem

I still want my Warband CD Key

However, if that key is only accepted by steam I can't play it without steam installed in a computer, and this "little" app consumes a lot of computer resources while running
    If steam is consuming enough resources to actually affect the game's performance visibly, then your PC wasn't hot enough to run the game to begin with.

If you have a computer well above minimum spec, then Steam becomes a useful tool. can access the internet in a full screen game without alt tabbing, which is great for me in a few cases of games that like to crash when I alt tab from full screen.

The resources consumed by steam while a game is running are trivial on any modern system. Heck, my virus scanner uses more memory and CPU time.

But I thought you should know, your "rusty" English is better than that of most native speakers.

They hotfixed the problem not asking for validation if you have one of those keys and play the game from your steam account, but I don't think that's the right way to do it.
    They are still working on a real game patch, where they will probably address the issue more fully. The hotfix was just an emergency patch to allow the people who bought the game during this steam sale to play.
  12. Alhanalem

tiny update?

Steam downloaded 6.1 MB for Warband earlier today. The version number is still the same. What's goin' on? lol
  13. Alhanalem

New patch: 1.132

This patch has fixed some of weird issues i've been having with the latest ATI drivers, but I'm still having issues of a few objects and textures randomly not loading.

And it's up on Steam now.
  14. Alhanalem

Problem with an achievement

some may kill me for pointing this out, but you can unlock achievements vs bots on a listen server.while the bots aren't TOTALLY pushovers, you might find it easier this way. (Also easier to test if this is the case- just make it a 1v1 battle)
  15. Alhanalem

What's the science behind hitting people who don't see you in mounted combat?

Archonsod said:
    Generally speaking I also find it much easier to use first person mode when fighting mounted.

Exception to this is if you're using a slashing weapon, but it's rare that anyone would do that.
Back
Top Bottom