Recent content by Above

1. What are your must-have mods you can't play without that you'd like Taleworlds to implement into the base game?

I see several mods that keep popping up on this thread but namely the RBM. What is it that makes that mod a must have? How much or a difference does it truly make? I'm also seeing that Diplomacy is a mod that many others are calling for.

The mod is split up into two seperate modules, the AI and the combat module. Take a look at that forum post, it is created by the mod author and has 3 videos showing the differences between vanilla, having 1, or having both parts of the mod enabled. To put it very simply RBM tweaks the individual AI specifically the infantry, it makes them fight much more realistically and cautiously. Infantry battles take a longer time leaving more room for cavalry maneuvers and such. In vanilla the lines of infantry literally shove their allies to their death on both sides and it becomes a quick 30 second exchange that heavily snowballs.

The combat module changes a bunch of stuff as well but the most talked about is the armor values. It drastically raises armor for all pieces to make higher tier units and lords much more durable, no more dying to rocks in full plate.

To be clear the work the author has done is much more extensive then this and it has numerous amazing improvements but the overall outcome is a much more strategical battlefield with a lot more potential for the player to work through strategies. I like to combine this mod with other mods that effect the out of combat world like DRM or something.
  2. What are your must-have mods you can't play without that you'd like Taleworlds to implement into the base game?

This is why I do not want RBM implemented in native. If someone wants to use a sword they should be able to, and not be limited by "realism". Realism does not always make for good gameplay.

Anyway, I don't think RBM will be implemented that way, if any way. TaleWorlds is aiming for a more casual audience, not hardcore realism fans, luckily enough.
    I guess I can understand wanting to use swords more, they are my favorite weapon to use in the base game but the fact that you haven't tried it in awhile means you probably should again, RBM makes the game good in terms of battlefield combat. Watching vanilla where 200 infantry just smash their heads into each other and its over in 30 seconds is a sorry excuse for combat lol. At the very least the AI module in RBM needs to be implemented or remade by taleworlds. It gives the units a tiny bit of a brain and they act like they dont want to die.
  3. Lords and Companions on the Battlefield

Normal units in warband had less stats in general, even high tier units were like only level 26 I think, and the weapon profficencies were also not that high, furthermore there is a huge difference between low and high profficencies. Meaning once your companions get high skills they will outstat every other unit in the game.
    In bannerlord the skills of normal units are much higher, and there is much less difference between high level and low level skills. It's also harder to increase your max HP.
    Regardless of how useless they are in combat, they are still necessery to be captains and give bonuses to your units.
    I can see what you mean but I cant remember the last time I didn't play a modded warband and in stuff like perisno the regular units definitely had very high levels and proficiencies think the level was around 40 and proficiencies in the 400's at least. Playing some of my old warband it seems one of the big factors is also just how combat stretches out. By the end of warband combat the people always left were the high level cavalry and they would chase each other around the outside of the map, I think horse archers especially caused this (they would just run away from the fight trying to shoot down a unit behind them) but the result was small pockets of cavalry battles all around the map where high level high armored companions had a good chance of picking off a few enemies on their own and then moving on to the next pocket.

I just wish companions stood out and I wish other generals all had a small retinue of named bodyguards it would make the whole battlefield more interesting for me and make fighting a general or king a much harder feat, the more impact lords and generals have on the battle the more memorable they become. I cant remember a single lords name in bannerlord since they are all just cookie cutter nonsense and since skills dont mean much. I want a king with super high tactics to be a menace with army management or have someone like the leader of the Khuzait just be a raw stat stick king who carves his own path on the battlefield. Right now lords in general just feel bland and boring to me, same with companions obviously, i suspect they'll change that eventually. but this is all just personal opinion, and I like the potential bannerlord has, it just doesnt seem like combat, the most basic and fundamental part of having fun in this game, is focused on at all. It makes me think they just got really lucky with warband in some ways
  4. Lords and Companions on the Battlefield

You could try HP from Level:
    But it also increases to HP of high level troops. A good mod to make units a bit different I think.
    This is a great idea to use in combination. Shortly after posting this I found a mod that increases or changes alot of the bonuses from the attributes, i.e. health from one and more interestingly the more points u have in vigor the mroe you cant cut through people like the original mod that enabled the same thing. Unfortunately this mod has issues with saves and reloads atm
  5. Lords and Companions on the Battlefield

do you recommend this mod?
    you should definitely play with this mod, it is almost fundemental to a somewhat playable experience, the differences between battles with and without are night and day

this post is from the mod author i believe and gives video examples of how the infantry behave depending on how much of the mod you use. Give it a quick look if u have the time
  6. Lords and Companions on the Battlefield

i feel its down to armour not being able to give much protection even against things like rocks
    That's what you would think but realistic battle mod also adjusts armor pretty significantly so that isn't the case. The lords still do not do much which makes me think that a big part of whats missing is the impact from attributes and weapon proficiency's and where the lords sit within their battle formation. The old warband ai had the lords lead the cavalry at the front and now they sit behind the melee infantry so the only time they get involved is later once the battle has mostly been decided
  7. Lords and Companions on the Battlefield

In Warband any named units and companions were forces to be reckoned with and I remember watching my high level companions have huge impact once the battles got going. Faction leaders were like final bosses and I have horrifying flashbacks of King Ragnar cutting through my units. In Bannerlord...
  8. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

This, 100%. I think we all sense the game's long-term appeal will come from amazing full-conversion mods like Prophesy of Pendor or ACOK was for Warband. The point of Early Access should be to get the game's core systems and features to a much better place, so those eventual mods can build on strong foundations. It's one of the reasons why I stick, for now, to unmodded playthroughs.
    This doesn't make any sense to me, the mods so far have been fantastic at helping solve a lot of issues. I doubt they are unaware of the popular mods on the game and i have seen a dev on the forums say they will take a look at a mod before to see how they solved an issue. The modding tools not being out right now means a majority of mods are adding in needed fixes or basic nice content that they can look at and hopefully implement in their own, more thought out way. I am not saying that modders should be fixing in place of the devs but I don't see why you shouldn't enjoy the game to its fullest right now and help improve the popularity of mods that solve core issues and amazing basic features, giving them more attention doesn't really have a downside unless the devs decide that they are gonna let mods fix issues and leave them in the game.

Right now there are tons of mods that have really interesting ways of fixing some of the games issues and its great for inspiration, it would be nice if they would credit some of the people pouring time into fixing the game if they use their methods for fixes or use them as a foundation to implement in a more thorough way. The modding community has been the backbone for why SP warband was so good for so long why shun that?
  9. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Lords getting more passive xp is a separate issue from the player getting passive xp. The lords are getting plenty of passive xp right now, and their troops get more xp from battles than the player as well. Its the player that needs to grind for everything. Its not just training troops. Its everything in the game. The devs seem to think that if something isn't a total chore its too easy and they nerf it to oblivion. Sorry if you think my feedback is too harsh, but that's because I want to make it clear in no uncertain terms that I don't like it, and its still EA so there's a teeny tiny chance they might actually change it.
    I am sure they will constantly be adjusting it, that's the whole point of the forums and the communication they are establishing on them. I have had a much different experience then you but I do typically play heavily modded, don't think I have any mods that increase troop xp but it's been very quick to get a full high tier army since they released. I don't really do any simulated battles which probably makes a large difference. I do very much miss the training skill in warband, but it felt a little weird to me that i would end up with so many troops who are the best of the best when they barely saw an ounce of combat in the late game, spose that's just opinion on how realistic you want it to be and its not like i have a wealth of historical knowledge to back up whether or not that is considered realistic. That's why I really enjoy the idea of passive xp for the first two tiers and a smaller amount for the higher ones so that they have to actually experience combat to become the best of the best soldiers. If you have trouble with xp using a mod that increases bandit party sizes means you can fight large forces of them and especially on stuff like looters you can really level up archers and cavalry, only simple fix i can think of
  10. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Speak for yourself, these are the battles I actually enjoy, I play on easiest to fulfill my power fantasies and escape reality which is one big horrifying dragging challenge already, I don't want my escapism to challenge me but to make me feel good about myself for a few hours so I don't feel like life is just one big downhill slide of monotony and longing for something better, especially when I hit 40 next month. My gut is turning into a balloon since the past few weeks, my hair and beard are turning grey and I'm balding, the wrinkles are showing, the money I imagined I'd have by this time when I was a teenager I never accumulated. All I have achieved of what I wanted was a wife, kid and dog I failed at everything else. So it would be nice if my escapism doesn't challenge me to make me feel even more of a failure....
    Everyone has their own way of getting immersed and I never said you shouldnt be able to play like that, that is the point of the easy difficulty options in the first place is it not? On easy you can have 100 of the same top tier troops on both sides and just run over the opposing army losing very little, if any men. Shouldn't the game should be balanced around the whole idea that if you are on realistic difficulty and you just have two of the same army, bash heads with no tactics the casualties are similar, obviously there is a snowball effect in a fight like that and at a certain tipping point one army will route and get demolished. That isn't possible if the armies you fight never have troops remotely equivalent. The type of gameplay you want is entirely possible regardless of the type of troops the enemy has because of the massive advantage you get with everything on easy you'll get your same playstyle against basically just cooler looking armies, if you want to play like that go for it, but balance wise me playing on realistic i get very little joy out of it and the battles just become repetitive one sided fights where the enemy general is easily outmaneuvered and i have to use mods to increase difficulty even more. If balance is done correctly both playstyles can be done simply by changing difficulty settings, that's the point of them
  11. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

The perk was broken because it was giving xp based on the troop stack's position in the party screen, so some troops were getting too much xp, including high tier troops who shouldn't have been getting any. They could've just fixed that so it worked correctly while also giving a fair amount of xp. Instead they lowered it from 30xp to 2xp per day. Its basically weaker now than it was originally when it was 30xp to just one soldier in the stack. AI lords get so much more passive xp than the player it isnt even funny.
    it seems like the ai lords need it, the battles where your fully trained armies are going up against a large amount of new recruits are very unsatisfying. I am sure that problem stems from plenty of other stuff and isn't an easy fix, but i have had battles around 1300vs1300 and the second wave of troops coming in for the enemy is half new recruits that just get run over by cavalry. I understand the hard nerf of the perk maybe being to much but ****ting on the devs isn't really gonna help your point, give them the feedback that you think is gonna make the game better.

the perk should just quickly raise troops from 0 to tier 2, then act as a modifier for increased battle XP + the **** small amount of daily XP

also my SP custom battle & MP is broken with 1.4.2....
    This is a good idea for both ai and player i think it would make sense that you could pick up a ton of recruits and get them to the point they are somewhat useful and throw decent gear on them pretty quick but the upper tier soldiers should be tough to get to. That also leads into the current issue with balancing high tier troops with low tier ones and how the main difference is gear. I haven't looked into that much recently but i remember reading about some tests in the 1.2 and 1.3 versions where high tier troops would get overwhelmed by 5 looters just because the skills weren't being applied or something like that. In reality i think an elite cataphract imperial troop should be able to mow through that, then again taking on 5 dudes at once wouldn't really be easy i suppose. The main point is if high tier troops are supposed to be hard to get it should be rewarding to have them at least, in warband getting some of the top tier troops was crazy and a good mounted knight made a huge difference on a scattered battlefield
  12. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

I knew that when I actually liked the xp rate that you guys would nerf the crap right out of it. Your sense of game balance and rewards in this game can only be described as "stingy as an old miser".
    The xp rate that it was giving before gave a ridiculous advantage to the player over ai lords, if you don't enjoy it then you can easily mod it, but a majority of players were complaining about the ridiculous amount of xp it gave. Obviously my opinion but a majority of xp gained should be through battles anyway it makes more sense for immersion and balance, if anything, in the current state the player xp should be about the same and ai lords should have increased xp gain, too often lords are stuck with armies of 100 with 50 recruits. Don't bash them for balancing what the majority of people were complaining about, they are working on feedback while trying to work on tons of other systems and reactions towards change, like this, is not productive at all
  13. SP - World Map My thoughts on the Faction Snowball effect. Campaigns should go on forever!

AI doesn't seem to defend any town sieges really, shouldn't the ai know when a town is gonna be attacked and defend it? I watched the queen of the southern empire who only owned hubyar in the south get sandwiched between her town and the sieging army and bounced back and forth until she was able to find an angle out and then left the last town to fall. The army was 300 units against the towns 270 and what should of been her extra 100, with more joining the siege later. I was able to defend a town once cuz all the friendly ai generals sat outside waiting for it to die so i sallied out and got reinforcements
Back
Top Bottom