What are your must-have mods you can't play without that you'd like Taleworlds to implement into the base game?

Users who are viewing this thread

I see several mods that keep popping up on this thread but namely the RBM. What is it that makes that mod a must have? How much or a difference does it truly make? I'm also seeing that Diplomacy is a mod that many others are calling for.

I see several mods that keep popping up on this thread but namely the RBM. What is it that makes that mod a must have? How much or a difference does it truly make? I'm also seeing that Diplomacy is a mod that many others are calling for.

The mod is split up into two seperate modules, the AI and the combat module. Take a look at that forum post, it is created by the mod author and has 3 videos showing the differences between vanilla, having 1, or having both parts of the mod enabled. To put it very simply RBM tweaks the individual AI specifically the infantry, it makes them fight much more realistically and cautiously. Infantry battles take a longer time leaving more room for cavalry maneuvers and such. In vanilla the lines of infantry literally shove their allies to their death on both sides and it becomes a quick 30 second exchange that heavily snowballs.

The combat module changes a bunch of stuff as well but the most talked about is the armor values. It drastically raises armor for all pieces to make higher tier units and lords much more durable, no more dying to rocks in full plate.

To be clear the work the author has done is much more extensive then this and it has numerous amazing improvements but the overall outcome is a much more strategical battlefield with a lot more potential for the player to work through strategies. I like to combine this mod with other mods that effect the out of combat world like DRM or something.

The one who order the troops by type. Plus 100 more, I'm still in 1.6.4 just because Calardia expanded wasn't updated, I follow the mod not the game.

Better time is a must, allows holding CTRL+SPACE to speed up the game just like in Warband, and I could increase fast foward from x2 to x10, and a new speed option to fast foward by x90 is really useful when waiting in towns.
Unless TW increases ageing speed a bit or adds some super speed option I don't understand how are we supposed to experience the education/inheritance system.

Better time is a must, allows holding CTRL+SPACE to speed up the game just like in Warband, and I could increase fast foward from x2 to x10, and a new speed option to fast foward by x90 is really useful when waiting in towns.
Unless TW increases ageing speed a bit or adds some super speed option I don't understand how are we supposed to experience the education/inheritance system.
I know right, I am 80 hours into my campaign and the kids is now just 3 years old. I got wed at 40 hours of playthrough .

How is calardia expanded compared to carafia at war?
Calardia expanded adds more cities towns and Castels, Calardia at war spawn more factions, rebel ones, like Scum and villainy and some other mods, they give much more life to the map. Sadly most of this mods are stuck in 1.6.4, and I can't play without it.

Sad part is that devs know that there are superb mods, but (probably management) refuse to incorporate them into the game.
Either because that would be embarrassing (no idea why would it be) or there's no rush to production and they are paid anyway or most likely target is to have a game simple enough for console players and the mainstream. Soldiers go brrrrrrrrrr rinse and repeat

Last time I tried it, which was quiet a while ago, archers seemed bad. Also, if I remember correctly swords weren't as useful as they are now against armour, which is also bad in my opinion. I want all types of weapons to do damage against all types of armour, but higher tier armour should be better in the native game.

In the base game, archers were so OP that there were times I simply never bothered with melee units. In real life, plate armor would be very effective against arrows.

Swords are one of the more overrated weapons. By the late middle ages, as technology progressed, polearms became more dominant until the age of the musket and guns eventually overtook them. Polearms have a longer range and blunt weapons do better damage against armor.

A notable exception is the Romans, which used the Gladius, but that was due to the type of opponents they fought.

Late Middle Ages were polearm dominated because they are superior in most situations.

Judging by the number of people who bought the game vs the number of people who have downloaded the mod, I would say I am in the majority.

People often forget that the forum consists mostly of the most hardcore elitist fans, whose goal to make the game a button pressing menu headache I disagree with. This game is for quick action and smashing skulls. TaleWorlds have developed it that way, and it does appeal to the masses which is good.

You can't say that everyone who doesn't post here agrees with you. At most they have no opinion - neither agreeing or disagreeing.

It's like a politician who loses an election that has low political turnout says, oh but anyone who didn't vote would have voted for me.

This is a more "hardcore" game than what you are implying. If it was not, then things like forming armies, etc would not be in the game. Nor would different cultures, fighting styles (ex: melee vs archer vs horse archer), etc. Nor would an attempt at modding support. It's not as hardcore perhaps as many (myself included) would like here, but that doesn't mean that those who don't post agree or disagree with you - it's like politics - it means they didn't vote.

Last edited:
what the **** did I just read
He doesn't realize that Bannerlord is a hybrid between an RTS, RPG, and action.

If I will want a quick and fun skull smashing game I will play Chivalry 2 (which has the best medieval action gameplay out there, no competition), If I play Bannerlord 2 I want strategy and depth.

In the base game, archers were so OP that there were times I simply never bothered with melee units. In real life, plate armor would be very effective against arrows.

Swords are one of the more overrated weapons. By the late middle ages, as technology progressed, polearms became more dominant until the age of the musket and guns eventually overtook them. Polearms have a longer range and blunt weapons do better damage against armor.

A notable exception is the Romans, which used the Gladius, but that was due to the type of opponents they fought.

Late Middle Ages were polearm dominated because they are superior in most situations.

You can't say that everyone who doesn't post here agrees with you. At most they have no opinion - neither agreeing or disagreeing.

It's like a politician who loses an election that has low political turnout says, oh but anyone who didn't vote would have voted for me.

This is a more "hardcore" game than what you are implying. If it was not, then things like forming armies, etc would not be in the game. Nor would different cultures, fighting styles (ex: melee vs archer vs horse archer), etc. Nor would an attempt at modding support. It's not as hardcore perhaps as many (myself included) would like here, but that doesn't mean that those who don't post agree or disagree with you - it's like politics - it means they didn't vote.

See, this hardcore realism is what I do not want in the game. If someone picks archer as their class, they should be able to perform well against any and allt. If someone wants to use a sword they should be able to with great effect. Realism isn't always good for gameplay or RPG.

Swords and bows work fine in RBM, I use them all the time. People seem to be hung up on the fact that the starter sword doesn’t work on top tier armor, especially when you have 30 prof in one handed. But once you get those top tier swords and 100+ prof you deal good damage, you just won’t one shot anyone (outside looters), which is the point of the mod.

And to be honest the bows in RBM could still use some further tuning down imo. Maybe it’s just the way proficiency scales, but I’m regularly one shotting medium infantry with a bow, and two shotting high tier troops in the mod. The only troops I cant two shot are elite cataphracts, unless the ride straight at me.

RBM is great.

They want to blow bubblegum, left click, and not think about anything, dunno why people respond to their posts.
Not worth spending the energy doing so and tbh the less I see people giving them an opportunity to bore me, the better. So please stop doing so.

I will probably give the RBM AI module another try. But all this super realism stuff isn't what the devs are aiming for, let's just face it.
RBM is great.

They want to blow bubblegum, left click, and not think about anything, dunno why people respond to their posts.
Not worth spending the energy doing so and tbh the less I see people giving them an opportunity to bore me, the better. So please stop doing so.
Yeah, discussion overall is overrated, right? Why even have a discussion board? /Sarcasm

Realism aside, RBM is just straight up more fun IMO. Especially tournaments. With top tier gear and a tough AI, dueling a lord is extremely difficult but soooo satisfying. (Pro tip, a starter character has no chance of beating them whatsoever, so don’t try it until you got some good weapon prof and at least medium tier armor). Plus with the mod I can actually participate in a siege and have a chance to survive. A fian might get me for 30 damage, but that’s way better than getting one shot. So fights are harder to win, but they’re ironically safer to participate in.

Realism aside, RBM is just straight up more fun IMO.
Yeah, the "realism" creates opportunities to diversify game play and add more tactical nuances to combat & can pull on intuitions people have. IMO that's the main reason to look to realism - reality tends to be complex and create a lot of potentially interesting interactions. (Of course sometimes they're not interesting and fun and where that line falls can vary on the person, so, joy.)
For example rather than everybody just dying to a few left clicks regardless of respective kits, "having" to use specialized tools to gain significant advantage creates depth and out of that, more engagement.
As your tournament example shows, making them meaningfully different can create satisfaction via challenge (which admittedly is a hard line to ride - just making everybody upset cause they die or something is unwanted), but also actually makes things more than only superficially different as it might have been if that lord was some T3 infantryman-equivalent so it doesn't just meld together into a boring mess.

He doesn't realize that Bannerlord is a hybrid between an RTS, RPG, and action.

If I will want a quick and fun skull smashing game I will play Chivalry 2 (which has the best medieval action gameplay out there, no competition), If I play Bannerlord 2 I want strategy and depth.
You can play Crusader kings if you want a deep game. There are very levels, Crusader kings, Total war, then Bannerlord and other light strategy games. I use some mods who gave some content to the base game, but the essence of this game is running in your horse, trying to hit someone, and making some trade to cool down.

Blunt weapons never were better against anything.
Weapons with higher cinetic energy were better at inflicting damage because, well, higher energy. But it had nothing to do with them being blunt, and in fact they were pretty much never blunt - maces were flanged, flails were spiked and so on. It's always about 1) higher energy and 2) smaller surface of impact.
Blunt is by definition the least efficient way to deal damage.

Back
Top Bottom