Recent content by Çağtay

1. Pillaging sucks, don't do it.

I think there could also be a nice option in this to give different cultures exta Identity by chanching how they act in foreign lands. For example lets say the Empire Factions are used to more diverse empires and try to get good friends with their new townspeople while some semi-nomadic horese people have a very bad opinion of other countries and/or a more warrior-like culture so they prefer to get more money but risk more rebellions among the strange farmer people they don't unterstand
    fits in with history too, there is no city mongols took but didnt devastate, also Huns after conquring eastern europe stuck with vast piece of land and settled people which resulted with less and less control over them over the years,beacuse they were constantly pillaging so one would conclude short term loot was more benafical over the headache of controlling settled farmers as nomads

instead of increasing loot amount gloabally,give it as unique bonus to only some factions might rely on it
  2. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

As adults we understand that the culture and economy of different countries obviously vary; they're not the same. Just like there aren't many "gamers" in Pakistan, there aren't many "gamers" in Turkey. But there are many "gamers" in South Korea, and there are many "gamers" in Germany. These are simply facts, and they matter, because it means that there will either be 'less' or 'more' people who can code and who are into technical stuff who are familiar with video games both as a concept and also personally.
    never heard something so utterly stupid in my life, so you are saying more gamer means, more coders? da **** is this, what do you think gamer is exactly? being gamer dosent make you familar with inner workings of games, gamer means who play games, not who makes games,learn your terminology before presenting arguments on the contrary

gamer culture is a subculture trancends other cultures and countries, you have no objective way of quantify or measure, if you do please share your data so we see how many gamer each country has
  3. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

about pillage and devastate stuff

-right now what you gain from it very little and no point using those options, reward should be incrased with prosperity loss
    -option to not to conquer
    -another thing is factions pillaging their own culture's city after they take it back,which is pretty dumb honestly, why would you pillage your own people after rescuing them from enemy?
  4. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

My understanding is that most of their developers and coders are not gamers themselves because of an extremely limited "gaming culture" in Turkey, resulting in most of their employees having absolutely no idea what a "video game" even is. This is just a rumour I heard, I have no idea if it's true or not. But it could potentially explain why they have extremely limited manpower to do quality control testing.

They should open positions to hire from Western countries IF the above is true, to get some employees with gaming experience into the company.
    oh yeah supreme westernerners everyone knows they are known for their qualitly control, everyone seeks them

which eastern company made the No Man Sky,cyberpunk 2077 etc_ iran? or japanese?, Korea

what a ****ty thing to imply that your culture somehow result in less quality and others with more based on where they are in geografic location
    Hey TW hire more white people looks like they are known for their quality assurance :grin:
  5. is no more update ?

Duh_TaleWorlds said:
    We are currently working on getting the next patch ready. This should have a few incremental improvements that I believe the community will enjoy. (Just to preempt any misunderstanding - It will be similar in scope to prior patches.)

We have held off on publishing it, because we are not just working on content but also investing a fair bit of time into refactoring some of the code base. Generally speaking, this tends to be a bit painful when it happens but is a necessity in software development that improves the long term health of a project. At the moment we are testing these changes and are trying to resolve any bugs that came with them (an unavoidable consequence of refactoring a program with this level of complexity).
  6. So they took Mexxico down

Yeah... that's 2.2% of their 90 strong workforce. Do you think that's an acceptable number?!

agreed we need 90 developer confirming this whole business not true,all we get is 2 :xf-mad:
  7. Game is unstable and constantly crashes - Help please

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/crash-reports.666/

you guys should post your reports here, first week I couldn't play the game either,they asked me error report and my save file next patch was all good
  8. So they took Mexxico down

Is there something official that Mexico had to back down?

Im too lazy to fact check, so I always believe the guys with keyboard,makes the life more interesting
  9. So they took Mexxico down

Yep I've heard Armağan shot him in the back in some dark alley with 9mm and disposed of his body Breaking Bad style
  10. Why are developers focused on bug fixes rather then adding content?

check out the known issues,lots of reports from players here,normally it would've taken them months to find all of them, but with the contribution of players devs can bypass finding part of the job and focus on fixing them

so yeah releasing content while these known issues still getting worked on will accomplish nothing but add more to the pile, which is a pretty big pile already
  11. Early Access Update

One important update was Kingdom Creation, which allows players to forge their own path in Calradia in true sandbox fashion by giving them the ability to create their own kingdom outside of the main storyline

Did you really just pimp out adding a "create kingdom" button as if it was some major milestone in the game's development? An addition that was required due to derpy design decisions in the first place?

uhm where is their claim about "major milestone in game's development" exactly? Im only seeing one sentence about kingdom creation and thats just information instead of some ridiculous claim like you are suggesting

edit;make that 2 sentence,again informational:"You are now able to create your own kingdom without doing the main quest. You'll need to own a castle or city and your clan must be tier 4."
  12. Great opportunity for Crusader-based Faction

how is there a great opportunity for religious murder cult in a game where there is no religion exactly? and against aserai? since there is no plan for religion stuff, how will you justify launching crusade against aserai? maybe because they are not wearing western looking clothes or what? being eastern without crusader's permission perhaps?

waste of faction spot and time imo, I would rather like to see japan or viking inspired faction or some sort of seafaring faction, since armagan said first dlc might be sea battles vikings makes more sense and fits the time and map has some great opportunities for sea conflicts, especially at that sea which separates center and southern dessert part
  13. Thank you TW for breaking all the mods again, sigh...

We can agree on patches and mods at the same time.
    The problem is not that they are releasing patches, the problem is how it is being done. I was having an excellent time playing this game but was force fed a patch even though I'm not playing Beta. Give the hotfixes to the beta, and release an update that I can choose to move to or choose to stay with my mods still working.

I agree that beta version should get its hotfixes regularly thats the whole point of the beta testing process after all,but stable version should not have forcefed hotfixes,its for people who is okay with just playing the game on their own time,I see nothing wrong with this, whats the point of stable version otherwise?
  14. Almost two months into EA. Satisfied?

There are some AAA games produced by teams smaller than taleworlds, which sell fewer games, and make less money.

could you give us couple of example of those games and dev teams, I'am genuinely curious about this
  15. Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine

Is this pandemic being a issue for the progress of the game? What's the office situation, if you guys can tell us at least this. I believe most people would appriciate a well.

quote from mexxico on this thread ; https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/are-the-devs-in-office.422424/#post-9430475
    Currently we are working from home because of situation. Actually 30% of companies still go office here however Taleworlds is a company which care their worker’s health and worker rights much compared others so probably we will be last company which will start going office again.

Actually because office is in a university (METU) and my house is near university enterance and university roads and office are empty and working at office seems more productive compared remote working I usually prefer going office by bcycle because I see no risk. I see 1-2 more people in office however we are in different rooms so no risk. So I can say 95% work from home remaining 5% work at office by their choice.
Back
Top Bottom