Suggestion Scene Editor Release Scene edit data for completed scenes

Users who are viewing this thread

This has been requested many times. TW have promised more but due to the data sizes will not make them all available. You can use this heightmap extractor to reestablish/reimport missing terrain (scale = max height - min height, offset = min height), however you will still need to recreate the material maps for each paint layer.

While I agree that maybe only a few hundred people really need them, however I don't understand the bottle neck with files sizes, why do they have to be included with the modtools?

Upload them to one of the file distribution sites:
1) NexusMods (Distributes official mod tools for a lot of games on the site)
2) Taleworlds website
3) DropBox
4) GoogleDrive

Put the link on Moddocs page, Done.

The benefits for the community are huge with little effort from TW
- Singleplayer mods adding more features, characters, stories, quests, missions etc to
- Converting maps to multiplayer (100's of scenes available to convert)
- More content for player base = player retention + people coming back to play with new content

@Dejan

While I agree that maybe only a few hundred people really need them, however I don't understand the bottle neck with files sizes, why do they have to be included with the modtools?

Upload them to one of the file distribution sites:
1) NexusMods (Distributes official mod tools for a lot of games on the site)
2) Taleworlds website
3) DropBox
4) GoogleDrive

Put the link on Moddocs page, Done.

The benefits for the community are huge with little effort from TW
- Singleplayer mods adding more features, characters, stories, quests, missions etc to
- Converting maps to multiplayer (100's of scenes available to convert)
- More content for player base = player retention + people coming back to play with new content

@Dejan
or with the modding kit files ?

I assume the comment from NPC99, is about the file size on publishing the Modding kit on steam? I am assuming they are too large / too expensive to publish there?

Anyhow its 2023, plenty of places to host them
The SceneEditData terrain_ed.bin files appear to be about 7 times larger than the SceneObj terrain.bin files.
oxJvl.jpg

These seven example SceneEditData scenes provided by TW increased the download size by 336,847Kb.

The SceneEditData terrain_ed.bin files appear to be about 7 times larger than the SceneObj terrain.bin files.
oxJvl.jpg

These seven example SceneEditData scenes provided by TW increased the download size by 336,847Kb.

That is great data! Thank you!

Doing some quick math
Native - SceneObj = 1.13GB
SandBox - SceneObj = 1.16GB
SandBoxCore - SceneObj = 8.20GB

So Scene data would be around ~75GB,
Can Always Split it into packs

Towns
Castles
Villages
BattleTerrains
Hideouts
MultiplayerMaps,

Can also split it into sub-packs
Villages_1
Villages_2, etc

Put link up on https://moddocs.bannerlord.com/ :grin:

+1 to this. Getting tired of waiting for something so simple to do. It does not have to be included with the game. There's nothing stopping the files from being hosted separately if file size is a concern. The amount of work required to redo everything vastly outweighs the minutes if effort it would take to put them up on one of many file hosting sites

Back
Top Bottom