Is there still any MP dev checking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Because people seem to only care about multiplayer as a vehicle to farm free kills from the weakest units in the game while playing as the stronger units themselves. Yes, people would be upset if it shuts down cuz now they'll have to play a game where they'll need to work for their wins.

What I personally want from BL MP is for fights to be fairer across the board, and that can still be done while maintaining faction identities. Since people here seem to want OP units to stay OP units while the easy kills stay bad, I think it's fair for me to say that Bannerlord's multiplayer is a lost cause if TaleWorlds thinks that they should continue to cater to people with egos so fragile that they need a PVP game to hand out free wins.
you need to stop playing TDM, it's rotting your brain, go play some modded MP, or better yet, find a different game.

Many of us have played M&B MP for like 10 years on a daily basis. In my optics, problem is that all these pooplords are free to join the team they so wish and so they do, and steamroll the server accordingly. Add Discord where they can organise (somewhat) themself and it just sums up to a massive UNFAIR advantage.

Just because you are good at the game doesnt mean you have sportsmanship and an ethical approach to competitive MP games. This is where TW fail IMO. Id loooooooooooove to hear their reasoning for allowing this kind of unbalance to take place. Im sure they are well aware and they have their reasons, Im just not a developer and I fail to see the reason and I would love to hear some reasoning from actual MP devs.

• Why are people allowed to join the team they wish, why is there no team balancing?
• Why is friendly fire off?

Any MP dev care to ellaborate? I honestly cant figure it out, Ive really tried. Its not noob friendly, at all. All the good players join eachother and crush the noobs, I refuse to believe that this is the way it was meant to be when designing it. But maybe it is and theres some stuff I dont see or know.

Last edited:
Because people seem to only care about multiplayer as a vehicle to farm free kills from the weakest units in the game while playing as the stronger units themselves. Yes, people would be upset if it shuts down cuz now they'll have to play a game where they'll need to work for their wins.

What I personally want from BL MP is for fights to be fairer across the board, and that can still be done while maintaining faction identities. Since people here seem to want OP units to stay OP units while the easy kills stay bad, I think it's fair for me to say that Bannerlord's multiplayer is a lost cause if TaleWorlds thinks that they should continue to cater to people with egos so fragile that they need a PVP game to hand out free wins.
Weak unit weak wow. If you play as a strong unit however you have to fight other strong units and if you aren't good enough you die and have to play as a weak unit. You have to get quite a few kills to play as a strong unit consistently. I don't think you understand the point of having strong and weak units but even then a good player with light inf can defeat another weaker player who is using heavy inf because of skill. Why don't you just play a strong unit.

Weak unit weak wow. If you play as a strong unit however you have to fight other strong units and if you aren't good enough you die and have to play as a weak unit. You have to get quite a few kills to play as a strong unit consistently. I don't think you understand the point of having strong and weak units but even then a good player with light inf can defeat another weaker player who is using heavy inf because of skill. Why don't you just play a strong unit.
Ideally, the 80-100 cost units should still be at least strong enough for late joiners that they can still overcome a power level difference between paid units. This is less true for some factions than it is for others, and the Taleworlds community would rather keep it this way because it allows for matches to snowball to the point where the underpowered units become actually unplayable.

On top of me wanting all 100 cost units to be a viable pick, I feel like there needs to be more options for counterplay when Aserai or Sturgia are up against Vlandia or Battania, because we all know how the sharpshooter/Sergeant deathball with fare against Aserai's overreliance on Tribal Warriors and Sturgia's lack of maces

But my suggestions would lead to actual game balance existing, which people seem to hate. Said aversion to game balance is why I think Bannerlord's multiplayer is a lost cause

• Why are people allowed to join the team they wish, why is there no team balancing?
TDM and siege are casual game modes, you can group up with your buddies.
friendly fire is on because TW servers crashed with them on and they never bothered to fix the issue/left it off.

Ideally, the 80-100 cost units should still be at least strong enough for late joiners that they can still overcome a power level difference between paid units. This is less true for some factions than it is for others, and the Taleworlds community would rather keep it this way because it allows for matches to snowball to the point where the underpowered units become actually unplayable.

On top of me wanting all 100 cost units to be a viable pick, I feel like there needs to be more options for counterplay when Aserai or Sturgia are up against Vlandia or Battania, because we all know how the sharpshooter/Sergeant deathball with fare against Aserai's overreliance on Tribal Warriors and Sturgia's lack of maces
the 100 costing units are viable, ive top scored on tdm only playing 100 gold classes, they are pretty much the same just with less armor and needing to hit a few more times, pick up a weapon from the ground and use that, or take a spear or mace/hammer for damage types that do well against armor. Perks don't make or break a class. Your biggest issue right now is having troubles with mobs of enemies, because friendly fire is off they do not have to worry about watching their swings so it is definitely harder to deal with group fights. play smarter, wait for some allies then go in, or run away and get a few of them to break off and fight you.

But my suggestions would lead to actual game balance existing, which people seem to hate. Said aversion to game balance is why I think Bannerlord's multiplayer is a lost cause
They can overcome that difference for instance today I joined a siege late and spawned as a recruit did about 250 dmg to strugian warriors, berserkers and varyags getting a few assists so I could then afford legionary; starting with a l inf doesn't lock you there.
I've never seem anything that can be considered a deathball outside of TDM and in that game mode xbows aren't viable in any large number. And sturgia has great tdm light cav.

Many of us have played M&B MP for like 10 years on a daily basis. In my optics, problem is that all these pooplords are free to join the team they so wish and so they do, and steamroll the server accordingly. Add Discord where they can organise (somewhat) themself and it just sums up to a massive UNFAIR advantage.

Just because you are good at the game doesnt mean you have sportsmanship and an ethical approach to competitive MP games. This is where TW fail IMO. Id loooooooooooove to hear their reasoning for allowing this kind of unbalance to take place. Im sure they are well aware and they have their reasons, Im just not a developer and I fail to see the reason and I would love to hear some reasoning from actual MP devs.

Any MP dev care to ellaborate? I honestly cant figure it out, Ive really tried. Its not noob friendly, at all. All the good players join eachother and crush the noobs, I refuse to believe that this is the way it was meant to be when designing it. But maybe it is and theres some stuff I dont see or know.
Is it time (money) issue I wonder. I wonder what it would take to get some native TDM and a Siege servers with team balancing and FF off. Im not asking to take down the current native MP servers.

If you're still seeking multiplayer support from TaleWorlds after three years since BL initial release, I would honestly suggest looking forward to better support from the community modders.

I understand your concern here but it's not the players fault that they want to organise and have fun with their friends. It's only natural anyone would do that, and it's not "unethical" to have a team, how else are the allowed to play then? And not to mention the *competitive* (dead) modes that TW has do have voice chat, it's just TDM/Siege servers that don't, and considering the amount of players it can have it would be a huge mess playing with it. Features like squad could maybe organise the teams better but Taleworlds is too simple minded to add just the little bits of complexity to their code, so we can't expect any improvement.

FF is removed I believe because it would be more "noob" friendly, but yeah it damages the gameplay, at least 50% or even 25% of the damage recieved would already make a change, I agree with you on this one.

On the other hand, there's a lot of blame on the players here, huh, guys, they're the playerbase. Just because someone joins a game and kills enemies doesn't mean they're in the wrong, that's what you do on the game, you kill your enemies lol. Anything that's wrong with the game it's a pure design flaw of the game, and TW is all on the blame here. I wonder when it was the last time any MP dev communicated with us. I think it has been months now. But Shiroin is right, we should talk with modders and not with the Devs anymore. I would even take the radical route and not touch the official servers until they decide to improve it, because the state of this is embarassing and infuriating

you play as the weakest class kill some ppl then play a good class whats the problem?

you play as the weakest class kill some ppl then play a good class whats the problem?
The issue is that they should still be decent enough that late joiners can still stand up to stronger units. This is less true for a few factions, to the point where they only exist to punish players for dying as stronger units without getting a kill. At that point, you're better off leaving the server and playing something else cuz at least then, you aren't stroking your enemies' fragile egos by being a free kill

The issue is that they should still be decent enough that late joiners can still stand up to stronger units. This is less true for a few factions, to the point where they only exist to punish players for dying as stronger units without getting a kill. At that point, you're better off leaving the server and playing something else cuz at least then, you aren't stroking your enemies' fragile egos by being a free kill
just because you cant doesnt mean it cant be done

just because you cant doesnt mean it cant be done
I mean, if I can take on 5 players using the weakest class in the game - at once, with a Hay Sickle spawn as the Peasant Levy, I think the problem might actually be the class, not the players outnumbering me. Any other peasant unit would've killed me if I deliberately used a bad weapon in a 5v1

I mean, if I can take on 5 players using the weakest class in the game - at once, with a Hay Sickle spawn as the Peasant Levy, I think the problem might actually be the class, not the players outnumbering me. Any other peasant unit would've killed me if I deliberately used a bad weapon in a 5v1
what are you even trying to tell me? that you can take on 5 player or not? that the peasant levy is bad? that you wouldnt kill someone with a bad weapon?

what are you even trying to tell me? that you can take on 5 player or not? that the peasant levy is bad? that you wouldnt kill someone with a bad weapon?
I'm saying that the Recruit is such a bad unit that 5 of them can't kill a peasant Levy using an intentionally bad weapon

btw the peasant levy is good just pick the hammer and looter perk one or two kills will let you play sergant and even if you die you get money

Back
Top Bottom