Death Rate needs to be fixed

Users who are viewing this thread

Are the birth and death options feature creep and not planned features? Should they not work in a notable way as any other feature should? If you're so worried about the other stuff why don't you just mod it in?
I wish you luck. I've stated my thoughts and hopefully the game fulfill what you want from it sometime down the road.

Did you personally try and kill the King with your character or did you just fight battles and kinda did a roll on the end result regarding his death?

I suspect there could be a higher chance that he will die if you fight him personally and based on how effective you are at it. Try greataxe headshot with speedbonus? Oneshot damage should make it more likely to cause death.

Did you personally try and kill the King with your character or did you just fight battles and kinda did a roll on the end result regarding his death?

I suspect there could be a higher chance that he will die if you fight him personally and based on how effective you are at it. Try greataxe headshot with speedbonus? Oneshot damage should make it more likely to cause death.
Dude, i spent two ****ing hours fighting the same battle over and over again.

I tried fighting myself several times in the field, but wen the armies clash if you have lead in the field you know how easy is to lose anyone during the fight, there's no duels during the battle, I always lead the cavalry, Derthert leads cavalry so I identified him by the crowned helmet but as seem armies clashes you barely knows who's flying where

ANd I think I need make myself clear again:

I'm not asking for a general and global increase in death rate, I just asking for them to review the deaths in combat and auto-battles, THAT'S ALL IF THEY NEED PUT A SLIDER THEN SO BIT OR A OPTION TO INCREASE %

IF YOU'RE A PLAYER WHO DOESN'T LIKE DEATH AND BIRTH MODULES THEN TURN IT OFF AND DON'T TRY MAKE PEOPLE PLAY YOUR WAY,THE ON AND OFF IS THERE FOR A REASON

I'm not asking for a general and global increase in death rate, I just asking for them to review the deaths in combat and auto-battles, THAT'S ALL IF THEY NEED PUT A SLIDER THEN SO BIT OR A OPTION TO INCREASE %
I did mention a method earlier about how to make sure a character has almost certain chance to die after a few battles, but it kind of got passed over, maybe people don't like it, should we make a poll thread for it?

I did mention a method earlier about how to make sure a character has almost certain chance to die after a few battles, but it kind of got passed over, maybe people don't like it, should we make a poll thread for it?
Nah, it's useless with people here enjoying immortal gameplay.

@Duh_TaleWorlds saw here and replied actively that's what matters, If he says going bring up to discussion then i believe him

@Duh_TaleWorlds The problem is not at the base percentage, the problem is that the chance is true random instead of pseudo-random.
True Random : Flat value per every occurrence where a defined statement happens or not.
Pseudo-Random : An increasing chance of a statement happening for every other occurrence where it did not.
Example: If we have 100 battles going on around the whole map, with true random there may be 0 instances of a lord dying, while with pseudo-random, there will be at LEAST 1 death (taking the death variable as a global, not a character variable, in which case a single character would have to be downed around 50 times for an almost certain chance of death). Now this is a method used in competitive gaming, I know singleplayer isnt competitive, but it still holds the randomness of chance while also allowing the player to have some sort of control on what happens. And Id suggest it rather being a character variable like "health" for example, which diminishes with each lost battle and resets after some amount of time not fighting.
@Duh_TaleWorlds Sorry to ping you again, but is this a valid option to bring into discussion?

Nah, it's useless with people here enjoying immortal gagame play.
Get over yourself. I play bannerlord difficulty and I'd play Ironman if I could trust my saves wouldn't get corrupted. I ended a game in record time once because I died during a siege and didn't have an heir. I loved that.

I truly love the unique gameplay that comes from the randomness. The possibility of anyone dying at any time is wonderful.

Your issue is that you are trying to force a narrative by killing a king during your one gameplay. Man up and execute him or kill him via cheat menu or something. It's one damn playthough that you are wanting to change the entire system for. How entitled are you?

Having a slider to allow you to kill one particular NPC is some snowflake level BS.

They already spent so much time 'balancing' the world simulation; that 2% is what they figured 'works' with all else considered without breaking the game balance.
Yes, single-player, we should have the agency to set it however (ie mods) to our preference but this one has the potential to actually break that playthrough even more than certain mods that can usually right themselves mostly by uninstalling them (besides those massive overhaul ones); though I wish there was some 'Import' equivalent like in a game like Kenshi.

A slider won't work as that sort of represents being able to change it mid-game without irreversibly breaking anything fundamentally in that playthrough but it will for sure. Especially if no other system/feature in the game dynamically adjusts itself based on any effectual change from that (afaik).
It can only work as a pre-game/permanent setting option (like ironman) for that particular playthrough.

It can only work as a pre-game/permanent setting option (like ironman) for that particular playthrough.
Sure. Don't get hung up on the word "slider", an option at the start that allows you to adjust it once is preferable. I say slider since, when people ask for an option for something (like garrison wage limit or troop sorting) they just seem to gravitate towards sliders.
Your issue is that you are trying to force a narrative by killing a king during your one gameplay. Man up and execute him or kill him via cheat menu or something. It's one damn playthough that you are wanting to change the entire system for. How entitled are you?
I have 1400 hours in the game and that is very small compared to many other people on the forums. The last time I remember having an issue with deaths in battle was when they could only happen during player battles and not simulations. I think it's really disingenuous to act like he surely must be talking about a single playthrough. I've had one playthrough in as many as I can remember where my troops killed an opposing lord. Every other death is a single one across the map or old age (or during birth, almost always Sturgian weirdly enough). You mention loving that random aspect, hey we do too and I would love for it to happen more than once every hundred hours of gameplay. I don't even think people are asking for much, I'd be content with a small % increase. Hell, people have given some great ideas in the thread that we know won't be implemented but truly what is the issue with giving people an option?

I like how concerns about simulation battles killing the lords off are brought up, but no one bothers to question the rationale behind having so many battles constantly happening, or why they wind up with losing side all being KOed.
This is the ultimate solution not only for this issue but also many other issues throughout the game too, including the ones who are not even related to the combat.

I think it's really disingenuous to act like he surely must be talking about a single playthrough.
I got you and OP mixed up. Apologies, but read the original post. It's all about save scumming to kill a king.

I still think this is such a simple hut fundamentally game changing tweak that it belongs in mod territory.

Here, knock yourself out:

Haven't seen if it's still supported or what version it works with but it took 2 seconds to find. See if you like it.

Last edited:
I think that the calculation of a possible death shouldn't be determined by a percentage, whatever it is, but rather by the amount of damage received, ex: if a character, player or npc, suffers damage that leads him to -100% of his total hit points is automatically dead. This would make more sense for the armor and would be frankly more fun. Obviously all the various perks bonuses remain. This super-balanced game craze makes all plays the same...

Last edited:
Get over yourself. I play bannerlord difficulty and I'd play Ironman if I could trust my saves wouldn't get corrupted. I ended a game in record time once because I died during a siege and didn't have an heir. I loved that.

I truly love the unique gameplay that comes from the randomness. The possibility of anyone dying at any time is wonderful.

Having a slider to allow you to kill one particular NPC is some snowflake level BS.
Same to you keyboard warrior.

I'm not talking about one gameplay, I'm played several campaigns and it's always the same thing.

TW should figure the right % with the amount of death protection the game has now.

Besides, why you even bother replying here, go be happy with your mods and leave a healthy discussion to people that can talk without being angry for over something just because you disagree.

have nice day

Same to you keyboard warrior.

I'm not talking about one gameplay, I'm played several campaigns and it's always the same thing.

TW should figure the right % with the amount of death protection the game has now.

Besides, why you even bother replying here, go be happy with your mods and leave a healthy discussion to people that can talk without being angry for over something just because you disagree.

have nice day
I'm not angry, I just have tone issues. I don't play with mods generally, but when I wanna try something new, like distinguished service, mods can be fun. I'm excited for Bannerkings, though. It's just not stable enough for me ATM.

Try the one I posted that increases the death rate. I suspect that's the best you will get.

Sure. Don't get hung up on the word "slider", an option at the start that allows you to adjust it once is preferable. I say slider since, when people ask for an option for something (like garrison wage limit or troop sorting) they just seem to gravitate towards sliders.
Whatever mode it's done in. A 1/2/3 option may work but also, sort of means that any of the 1/2/3 options does work 'officially'; the 2% is already iffy where it is - this is the one issue I'd be fine leaving as a mod-resolution vs official implementation.
I think that the calculation of a possible death shouldn't be determined by a percentage, whatever it is, but rather by the amount of damage received, ex: if a character, player or npc, suffers damage that leads him to -100% of his total hit points is automatically dead. This would make more sense for the armor and would be frankly more fun. Obviously all the various perks bonuses remain. This super-balanced game craze makes all plays the same...
Decent suggestion (think a mod does this), the only issue is retuning all the weapons/armor so it's balanced against that. As it is, some weapons (ie glaive) will always kill and some won't, and figuring out how to even resolve that with the overworld simulation events too. And even if they resolve that, now they have to tune all kingdom troops fairly otherwise, you'll see a particular kingdom kill more lords than another leading to an 'unfair' snowball effect.

TW should at introduce fatigue into the fight and let wounds and blood loss influence the fight, you can´t have 5 arrows in you body and fight as calm as nothing, even if you don´t get hurt, the fatigue in hand to hand combat must be reflected in battle, you can´t be swinging swords all time without getting tired.
You also have to take the fatigue to the horses.

Last edited:
TW should at introduce fatigue into the fight and let wounds and blood loss influence the fight, you can´t have 5 arrows in you body and fight as calm as nothing, even if you don´t get hurt, the fatigue in hand to hand combat must be reflected in battle, you can´t be swinging swords all time without getting tired.
Nah, maybe add it as an option, but it would suck otherwise. I'm saying this as someone who has 100s of hours in Viking Conquest with those options enabled, not everyone wants to play with "realism" features such as those, and the immersion of playing with them usually wears off rather quickly. Those options would however be a great "hardcore" addition to the game, which I would like (along with friendly fire).

Fatigue was used in Viking Conquest and it was horrible. All it did was drag out fights and make fighting on horseback a necessity for the pc. It sounds like a great idea on paper but imo it's probably the worst idea that was ever introduced into a M&B game.

Fatigue was used in Viking Conquest and it was horrible. All it did was drag out fights and make fighting on horseback a necessity for the pc. It sounds like a great idea on paper but imo it's probably the worst idea that was ever introduced into a M&B game.
I personally thought the permanent stat-loss injury system was worse, but yeah, fatigue was pretty bad and most people turned it off.

Back
Top Bottom