3 years later... We told you so

Users who are viewing this thread

I've been gone from the forums for a long time since I gave up on MP and went to play other games. Has Taleworlds swallowed their pride yet and admitted that they created a poor **** show compared to a game that they released 13 years ago? Does the fact that Warband MP has more players than Bannerlord MP not bother the devs?

We told them in the combat beta that the current class system was stupid, that their new animations / style of combat was ass. Here we are 3 years later, with no one playing Vanilla MP. So, we told you so. They gave us mod tools but they haven't even been able to implement multiplayer properly to this day. Servers crash after 1 or 2 hours of gameplay. It's pathetic. Singleplayer saved your guys' ass, and unfortunately it looks like the community is going to have to save your ass with mods in MP, because god knows yall ain't capable of doing it yourself.

Surely it makes more sense to balance Infantry, Archer, and Cavalry. Instead of the 20,000 classes you all attempted to balance and FAILED miserably at it.

Last edited:
Idk I play siege and I have fun, but yeah the servers suck balls and there are still many bugs. Not to mention absolutely no one plays Skimrish not even Captain any more, so there's no way to make actual in game money other than playing siege/TDM, which sucks.

Yesterday I was literally first in the table and MVP and I won... 30 gold which means an average player has to play 4 hours a day to afford just a single piece of armour (and the cheap ones are awful). There's also no variety in the armours either so everyone looks the same anyways, they have so much cool stuff in SP but they don't let players use it here?

TW needs to recognize these issues, but I guess they don't care anymore since Persistent Empires is getting so much players, they can afford to pretend it doesn't matter

Has Taleworlds swallowed their pride yet and admitted that they created a poor **** show compared to a game that they released 13 years ago? Does the fact that Warband MP has more players than Bannerlord MP not bother the devs?
:lol::lol::lol: No and apparently no.
They were warned about the class system and combat changes since closed alpha but stayed their course, now we can clearly see the result. It's unfortunate that modders have to pick up the slack.

Watch TW come in 5 years and be like "Oh our game is great" and just take credits from the modders and people who put in the effort to host events

Watch TW come in 5 years and be like "Oh our game is great" and just take credits from the modders and people who put in the effort to host events
That'd require TaleWorlds to integrate changes from mods into the base game. And those changes might conflict with whatever vision the dev team had in mind when making certain units and factions unbalanced.

That'd require TaleWorlds to integrate changes from mods into the base game. And those changes might conflict with whatever vision the dev team had in mind when making certain units and factions unbalanced.
I meant take the credit of the game being still alive

The problem with relying on mods to save the game is that the general audience if they give a crap about playing MP is that they might not even know that multiplayer is moddable. NeoGK's Warband server worked because you didn't need the optional module to play it.

It'd be more productive if TaleWorlds were to actually make the native game good, but as I've mentioned before, they're insistent on keeping Vlandia as the OP faction that's good at everything while Sturgia and Empire just plain ol' suck to play as.

The problem with relying on mods to save the game is that the general audience if they give a crap about playing MP is that they might not even know that multiplayer is moddable. NeoGK's Warband server worked because you didn't need the optional module to play it.

It'd be more productive if TaleWorlds were to actually make the native game good, but as I've mentioned before, they're insistent on keeping Vlandia as the OP faction that's good at everything while Sturgia and Empire just plain ol' suck to play as.
No they just need to go back to a system where you can pick your weapon/armor from the start so that people can actually select what weapon they prefer, what playstyle they prefer, etc etc. It's a highly successful system in Valorant and CS2 today. It was highly successful in Warband. Just bring it back.

No they just need to go back to a system where you can pick your weapon/armor from the start so that people can actually select what weapon they prefer, what playstyle they prefer, etc etc. It's a highly successful system in Valorant and CS2 today. It was highly successful in Warband. Just bring it back.
I mean, if Taleworlds actually cared about a balanced game, then I could see the class system working better than the gold system. On paper, the class/perk system could allow even the free units to kill the 200 gold units, though my experience of WB MP had cases where the immortal gold hoarder can walk out of multiple 1vXs alive.

Its funny how we're arguing the same stuff as 2 years ago when the game released, talk about a stagnant game. PE, cRPG and other mods are the only future this game has. I still enjoy playing siege but at some point I want to play ranked aaand ranked it's completely dead

Its funny how we're arguing the same stuff as 2 years ago when the game released, talk about a stagnant game. PE, cRPG and other mods are the only future this game has. I still enjoy playing siege but at some point I want to play ranked aaand ranked it's completely dead
Those who asked for a rating in vanilla MP modes probably wanted something other than an empty queue... but they forgot to tell TW about this proviso)

No hard data but I tried to play east na siege Saturday night and sat in the server for a little over 2 hours. Over that time I only saw three or four different people join then leave shortly after. Maybe a fluke as I don't log in often at all since shortly after "release", but it seems unfortunately dead.

I mean, if Taleworlds actually cared about a balanced game, then I could see the class system working better than the gold system. On paper, the class/perk system could allow even the free units to kill the 200 gold units, though my experience of WB MP had cases where the immortal gold hoarder can walk out of multiple 1vXs alive.
In no way shape or form will the class system ever work better than the gold system. You can't meme around naked, you can't customize your armor the way you want, and you're restricted to the one or two weapons of the class you pick. In some cases, you can't even use a weapon of your preference because you don't have enough gold for a decent class.

With the current system, if you suck for a couple of rounds you're stuck as a peasant while the other team has the armor that can walk out of multiple 1vXs unscathed.

With the current system, if you suck for a couple of rounds you're stuck as a peasant while the other team has the armor that can walk out of multiple 1vXs unscathed.
The current system doesn't work because Taleworlds wants some classes to be clearly better or worse than others relative to their cost. I've mentioned multiple times how the Recruit just punishes you for dying as a Menavlion, though the Peasant Levy is arguably one of the strongest peasants in the game thanks to the hammer's unmatched speed and blunt damage. On the higher price points, the Vlandian Sergeant is just straight up better than other units of a similar cost.

In no way shape or form will the class system ever work better than the gold system. You can't meme around naked, you can't customize your armor the way you want, and you're restricted to the one or two weapons of the class you pick. In some cases, you can't even use a weapon of your preference because you don't have enough gold for a decent class.
There's an old saying in game development: you might have the most thoughtful, carefully planned mechanics but if they aren't fun, no one will play.

Singleplayer saved your guys' ass, and unfortunately it looks like the community is going to have to save your ass with mods in MP, because god knows yall ain't capable of doing it yourself.
To be honest most people are frustrated with single player too. I feel like i am waiting for a miracle now the Bannerlord. Its ok fun for a bit the long game in single player is shallow.

Back
Top Bottom