Resolved difficulty gets reset to freebooter after quitting the game and reloading any save

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.8.0
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
-
Summary:difficulty gets reset to freebooter after quitting the game and reloading any save, from bannerlord and/or warrior
How to Reproduce:play the latest version ,select sandbox, create any character select bannerlord difficulty preset , enter game, save game , exit bannerlord app, relaunch bannerlord app , reload previous save created with bannerlord difficulty, open campaign options see freebooter difficulty whereas it was set to bannerlord and the other options prove the player already set one difficulty and the game resets to the freebooter one .
Have you used cheats and if so which:-
Scene Name (if related):-
Media (Screenshots & Video):https://postimg.cc/R6H7Rvjk
Computer Specs:-
GPU:-
GPU Driver Version:-
CPU:-
RAM:-
Motherboard:-
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

I have also been having this same issue in 1.8. Is it just a display bug where the difficulty preset shows Freebooter, or are the difficulty options actually set to Freebooter settings despite showing all of the settings for Bannerlord difficulty?

damn, and I was wondering why they've made recruiting so easy in 1.8.0 but my difficulty was reset to Freebooter without my notice :sad:

Well, the difficulty may actually still be on Bannerlord difficulty in actuality. I cannot tell currently if it is just a display bug on the preset only, since all of the other settings still show realistic difficulty correctly, or if the settings are actually being set internally to freebooter difficulty.

Okay, I just ran some tests and I can confirm, this is only a preset display bug. If you had it set to Bannerlord difficulty, the actual difficulty is still set to Bannerlord settings despite the fact that it displays Freebooter. Try changing the Map speed to the easiest, and you can see that your map speed is increased for a "Difficulty" setting increase. Also more recruitment slots are added if you set that setting to the easiest. Therefore, we can conclude that the Bannerlord settings are still being applied despite the fact that the Preset shows freebooter.

I had the same issue, I also thought that it was just a display error, but after the update its like the whole game is 10x times me difficult, so my understanding is that some parameters were configured as freebooter, so I played 200h on my last playthrough as a freebooter instead of bannerlord, being my first playthrough I thought this was normal, i am super disappointed

This bug is still occurring in version 1.1.4.17949... Experienced players like me want to be sure if we are playing on a easy difficulty or the hardest one that is what we want to play.

Back
Top Bottom