Smithing is so broken

Users who are viewing this thread

Again:
In beta version of the game they can break whatewer they want and fix it as fast as they want. That is their playground, your playground is main patch.

They know the bug they introduced has a massive effect ... and will stop people from wanting to participate in their Beta.

So if they want their beta to be of any real use ... then they need to keep people playing it. (That's logical right?)

BUT this specific smithing bug actually makes loads of beta-testers think:

" Well there's no point playing this thing then" and they stop participating.

What I am saying is they really ought to urgently prioritize the fixing of this particular bug because it will LOSE them many beta testers.

Why? because the bug 'game breaking' in nature ... and (secondarily) because the vast majority of Beta players see themselves as players first and testers second.

But we all know that TW will take their sweet time about it.... probably for weeks and weeks.... because Taleworlds is Taleworlds. That's what they're like. But that's counter productive for them ... and will lose them many beta testers for this patch.

Last edited:
What I am saying is they really ought to urgently prioritize the fixing of this particular bug because it will LOSE them many beta testers.
If "beta tester" will not play becouse of bugs then it is not a beta tester it is just impatient casual player.
And it is not a game breaking. At all. Javeline spam was a simple abuse. I remember when it just didnt work at all and no one cared.
We already understand that it was your favorite money income. If you cant get enough money - just use cheats, or mods to compensate
Smithing was garbage anyway and i (and a tons more players) did it only with full unlock and infinit stamina mod.

Last edited:
Again:
In beta version of the game they can break whatewer they want and fix it as fast as they want. That is their playground, your playground is main patch.
This beta version shouldn't have been released with such a big bug. It should've been caught before releasing to beta unless of course Taleworlds doesn't have any QA and that's what we're for. ?‍♂️

This beta version shouldn't have been released with such a big bug. It should've been caught before releasing to beta unless of course Taleworlds doesn't have any QA and that's what we're for. ?‍♂️
True. But something like this can happen.But It is not critical bug. You can still test the rest of the game.

True. But something like this can happen.But It is not critical bug. You can still test the rest of the game.
Yes it's not critical but it is pretty important and any serious QA testing should've caught it. We already know their QA is suspect anyway because there are so many bugs that get reintroduced with so many new versions it's actually quite impressive.

Smithing was the primary way a huge number of players financed their kingdoms. Maybe even most players.

If that suddenly ceases to function, then I would say its massively important. Yes, the rest of the game still works, that's true.

Anyway, my point still stands, something like this needs to be fixed urgently - as a priority. And I'm absolutely sure many other developers would have pushed out a hotfix by now.

But not TW. That's just not how they work. Sadly.

You can still test the rest of the game.
True, but keep in mind, so many features/decisions from TW was tying all their systems together under the 'economy/world balance' umbrella. I think we're at the point/stage of the game's development where the game, as the sum of all its parts, vs the individual elements need to be tested as a whole.
Otherwise, we're stuck in this same loop as we have been where they add an isolated feature, after ~20 in-game years, unforeseen issues occur and the same wait for the balance fix/QoL.
Understandably, they made a significant change to smithing so bugs do occur but it does hinder testing that part out. Same as with the last 1.7.2 update months ago with the army/food bug which is a serious blocker to fully test game.

First I will say people that say something shouldn't be in the game are totally wrong. Your opinion of what should or shouldn't be in the game means nothing. How about a mechanic you love I say gets removed. If you don't smith then don't smith and everything is fine. Don't hate on something you don't use. 2nd, beta branch is meant for testing and while I have suggested that some people test the beta branch for "game breaking" bugs before they get released, I was met with great opposition as they say that is what the beta branch is for. I highly disagree with this, beta branch is meant for testing for bugs and crashes but game breaking bugs make that testing at times almost impossible or so terrible it's just a waste of time to do. For those that remember the memory leak around 1.6.2 that made the game nearly unplayable and took weeks to fix made testing the beta branch almost impossible which delays testing. Why would a 2 day test by some people be so bad to potentially catch a game breaking bug that doesn't get released to beta that will frustrate people so much they won't even bother to beta test causing more delays in figuring out all the bugs.
And lastly, smithing is something I hardly ever do to fund my kingdom. You can make tons doing some early trading and make 5-10k a day just being a merc. Add in a little roguery for loot and I never have a problem running my kingdom as perpetration is the key. I have discussed this in a video on my channel, get some money around before making a kingdom, get a good governor with wage reduction, have Price of Loyalty on your character and efficient campaigner on your clan party leaders and it makes the game so easy to manage when you have a kingdom or just as a vassal. Most times it's just people aren't aware how easy it is to manage a kingdom than that the system is broke. Knowledge is power

It´s not the first time they released a beta with a major bug that was hard to oversee:

- out of control bandit parties
- wanderers not spawing

Sure, stuff like this can happen in a beta of an EA game (what´s already absurd but nowadays normal), but it happens regulary here. And those are not bugs that only happen under specific circumstances and are therefore hard to catch. Those are bugs every QA tester should notice in my opinion.

And usually that´s a bug that should be hotfixed (in terms of other game companies uses the word hotfix).

It´s not the first time they released a beta with a major bug that was hard to oversee:

- out of control bandit parties
- wanderers not spawing

Sure, stuff like this can happen in a beta of an EA game (what´s already absurd but nowadays normal), but it happens regulary here. And those are not bugs that only happen under specific circumstances and are therefore hard to catch. Those are bugs every QA tester should notice in my opinion.

And usually that´s a bug that should be hotfixed (in terms of other game companies uses the word hotfix).
Maybe their QA process is Armagan starting a new campaign, forge a few weapons, "new part unlocked", "wow good job guys this new system is really cool. Anyway, did anyone order pizza yet?"

I really hope for a hotfix soon. I like the new patch a lot but this bug is really frustrating to deal with, especially since I usually enjoy playing Endurance builds the most.

To be fair there are some pretty funny weapon builds you can make, like a hammer that takes 10 seconds to swing and hardly does any damage, or a knife that swings too fast to be blocked. But these meme weapons are mostly useless gimmicks, and they take forever to find because of how unintuitive the system is, and how many items there are.

Yea funny or pretty but totally useless. Open battles, Long Glaive is hands down the best weapon to use and noble bow for sieges.

Maybe just maybe crafting a nice short blade for prison break? Maybe I guess.

There's really nothing outstanding about crafted weapons. I craft them as a late game exercise to look rich with my gold plated swords (which I don't use).

Back
Top Bottom