Battle mode ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Goodall I agree with you fully! Having just one life makes players more inclined to work together and it makes fights so much more intense. Maybe Taleworlds was afraid it would have bored or frustrated players if they couldn't respawn for a while. Giving players another chance or two to prove themselves seems like an easy way to prevent this frustration.

I feel Taleworlds is aiming for a very streamlined competitive scene, but this scene is not for everyone. I personally much prefer the chaos of 150+ player one-life battles on huge maps. One day...
i was really hoping that adding matchmaking would make finding battles alot quicker and easier,

instead of there being multiple rounds there would just be 1 and when you die you just enter matchmaking again and find a new game,

this would take away what was bad about battle mode, the huge amount of waiting time after you got killed.

not including battle mode in matchmaking is a mistake i hope they undo

i was really hoping that adding matchmaking would make finding battles alot quicker and easier,

instead of there being multiple rounds there would just be 1 and when you die you just enter matchmaking again and find a new game,

this would take away what was bad about battle mode, the huge amount of waiting time after you got killed.

not including battle mode in matchmaking is a mistake i hope they undo
I would only be ok with this if it is only for official servers that people get moved to another preparing match. The problem I see with your suggestion is if there are people in a party who get separated because of the system, not to mention the events that would be disrupted if TW's makes it affect all servers instead of just their own

Other features that are in progress and are expected to arrive further down the road:
  • Customization System which allows the players to unlock new pieces of armor by playing and customize their characters.
  • Ranked Mode with Ranked Matches and player skill ranks.
  • Battle Mode. A single-life per round game mode.

Never Ever sadly, hope I'm wrong.

Play Last Oasis true sequel to Warband until Nannerlord is ever fixed.
You got my attention. Please, elaborate. LO looks too grindy and looks glitchy and unreliable as for combat. Am I wrong?

I want to continue to bump this thread. I think that one of the most important features needed to revive this MP is Battle mode. We additionally need ff to be added to all gamemodes, especially to siege, tdm and eventually battle so that every match doesn't become a spam fest and we can have skilled engagements instead of battle rabble. I think it is fair if we keep a few servers open without ff since ik some people don't like it. Also I think that the sooner the private servers are released, the sooner a clan scene can be brought about and events are being held, the sooner we have more media and youtube videos published about the MP scene, the sooner we get Bannerlord back on track.

The game absolutely desperately needs a server that is either skirmish or a battle mode, with a decent server size (40/50). There is a dearth of places to hop on and play but not have to deal with lack of team damage or constant respawns.

i remember when there was a petition when it was announced that taleworlds was removing battle mode in favor of it's skirmish mode,(or destining it to the custom server section which is less populated)

i do not know why they do not listen to player feedback,

battle mode should be in matchmaking,

the worst part of battle mode was waiting when u died early in the round,

with matchmaking you wouldn't have to wait you could just queue up and get into another battle quickly

i hope they realize, bc of the low population of multiplayer, to change this decision and put Battle into matchmaking

i remember when there was a petition when it was announced that taleworlds was removing battle mode in favor of it's skirmish mode,(or destining it to the custom server section which is less populated)

i do not know why they do not listen to player feedback,

battle mode should be in matchmaking,

the worst part of battle mode was waiting when u died early in the round,

with matchmaking you wouldn't have to wait you could just queue up and get into another battle quickly

i hope they realize, bc of the low population of multiplayer, to change this decision and put Battle into matchmaking
I understand that some people might not like the wait but I find it to be counter productive to constantly move players in and out of a server once they die just because they are bored for a few minutes. Primarily I am concerned about the clan scene in this regard and its possible effects on keeping people in the same event server, however I think that this could negatively affect primarily groups of players, whether in a clan or not, who want to play together are separated into multiple servers and it becomes a headache to get back into the same game in time before the next round begins again. Also can we really trust TW to create that sort of system without crashing the server, matchmaking process, or game.

I understand that some people might not like the wait but I find it to be counter productive to constantly move players in and out of a server once they die just because they are bored for a few minutes. Primarily I am concerned about the clan scene in this regard and its possible effects on keeping people in the same event server, however I think that this could negatively affect primarily groups of players, whether in a clan or not, who want to play together are separated into multiple servers and it becomes a headache to get back into the same game in time before the next round begins again. Also can we really trust TW to create that sort of system without crashing the server, matchmaking process, or game.
i think clan matches can be a separate thing left to custom servers which can be played with multiple rounds,

have a matchmaking system centered around 1 round battle mode where you just leave and queue back into matchmaking when you die sounds like the best solution for players as it eliminates the waiting between rounds and the manual searching for matches

there are down sides though,
like what you stated, if you are in a party with your friends you would have to wait for them to rejoin your party once the match ends and restart the matchmaking instead of there just being a new round starting

and there isn't a progression to the matches where you past performance dictates the equipment you can afford for the next round ( i think this could be a positive thing though bc there will never be a players at a disadvantage bc of an unfair allocation of equipment resources)

i think the 1 round battle matchmaking system would be best for the majority of players, and players who play in parties could still play with multiple rounds in custom servers

You got my attention. Please, elaborate. LO looks too grindy and looks glitchy and unreliable as for combat. Am I wrong?
Not grindy at all unless you are building big ships/bases which then it's easier when you are in clan working together. Combat is much better, no bows or cavalry. You have grapple and wingsuit which alot fun for sneaking ambushing or running away.

Not grindy at all unless you are building big ships/bases which then it's easier when you are in clan working together. Combat is much better, no bows or cavalry. You have grapple and wingsuit which alot fun for sneaking ambushing or running away.
And what about retarded shaking, phase hits and other kinds of exploiting animation and coding flaws like in SOME game we all love and cherish?

P.S. I just looked it up closely and it seems pretty lit. I'll give it a try. Thanks for heads up.

i think clan matches can be a separate thing left to custom servers which can be played with multiple rounds,

have a matchmaking system centered around 1 round battle mode where you just leave and queue back into matchmaking when you die sounds like the best solution for players as it eliminates the waiting between rounds and the manual searching for matches

there are down sides though,
like what you stated, if you are in a party with your friends you would have to wait for them to rejoin your party once the match ends and restart the matchmaking instead of there just being a new round starting

and there isn't a progression to the matches where you past performance dictates the equipment you can afford for the next round ( i think this could be a positive thing though bc there will never be a players at a disadvantage bc of an unfair allocation of equipment resources)

i think the 1 round battle matchmaking system would be best for the majority of players, and players who play in parties could still play with multiple rounds in custom servers
I think one good way they could implement both our ideas is just to have some sort of prompt after you die that asks if you want to remain or matchmake, though I think this should either be only an option for official servers or make it so that a server host can turn matchmake on or off

Our experience of LO was machine gun turrets and balistas doing most of the work. Ironically archers would've fixed this.
There's Javelins, firebombs and Nets. But it's mainly Sword, Axe and Mace along with twohanders of that variation.
And what about retarded shaking, phase hits and other kinds of exploiting animation and coding flaws like in SOME game we all love and cherish?

P.S. I just looked it up closely and it seems pretty lit. I'll give it a try. Thanks for heads up.

Have Fun! I recommend going through most of tutorial at Cradle to just learn building and crafting then go to medium and hard tiles. It's full loot pvp game so whatever you got on you in ship or inventory you can lose. Storing in bases is safer but can be raided later down the road. Then there's offline lobby if you not in game and want stuff stored. Being with a clan is always great some clans are more focused on Personal things those are the ones that always fail I feel.

Game is more Clan working together oriented. Last Oasis isn't perfect but far better then Bannerlord.

Game is more Clan working together oriented. Last Oasis isn't perfect but far better then Bannerlord.
Hmmm.....

uVskieO.png

Back
Top Bottom