SP - UI Add a My chest icon and functionality in Inventory page

Users who are viewing this thread

bidulpik

Recruit
Hi,

I wonder if you could add a My chest functionlity and icon in the Inventory page ?

The my chest option should have another functionalty than the Lock button for an object.

In My chest, I want to put all king of objects, weapon, shield, armor, horses etc.
I want tp put in my second weapon options e.g. my one handed sword and my shield when I wanna play polearm and find them fasterthan find locked object in several categories when I want to redo my equipement.
My horse and saddle when I wanna be infantryman
etc.

Moreover, weapons in My chest will not appear in the smelt button while smithing.

Here you can find a illustration of what I thought, but let your professional designer think of it :wink: :wink: :wink:

LWR_Recording.png

best regards

Hi and thank you for your answer :grin: <3

Here is what I should found usefull for me, and me be for other players.
My chest will gather my favorite objects and "protect" these items from being sold, smelt and allow me to quickly have access to them. Without having to click on each equipment screen (weapon then shield then horse ), find them on the list sorting by Locked, or by price...

. item in My chest are not more visible in the other part of the inventory
e.g. I put my Two-handed sword in My chest, I'll not see it anymore in the "Weapon" screen.
. I can put any kind any item in My chest , sword, horse, saddle, wine ...
. My chest items not appear in the smelt screen
. In battle I can have access to My chest items, during the battle (I think I remember that I had access to a chest at the back of the battlefield in Warband ? hadnt I ? it was quite usefull when I need 1H sword+shield for a battle instead of my 2H sword equiped)

Best regards

I like the idea too, it makes sense to have a smaller chest that you carry to battle and maintain your personal items.
I think there should be a limit to what items could appear on the battle (number and type).
If I remember correctly we have a chest in warband in battles, a similar system could be applied in Bannerlord.

I actually have thought of adding x number of slots for your horse, depending on the kind of mount you have.
("small" horse - 1 slot; "normal" horse - 2 slots; "big" horse or mule 3 slots) OR
(3 slots for every mount but the amount of weight varies accordingly and limits the number of slots).
That would allow you to carry weapons, ammo or any kind of equipment as long as it fits certain weight/other parameters.
The weight would add to the equipment the horse has and to the rider and it's armor as well.
It would make the horse slower as well, but I think it's a nice trade.
main-qimg-e38c83db3c399f8577d3d14fa715839f
main-qimg-817dae5a28d655f01232ccd38bdd517e

main-qimg-668bca56c79c6638af5ac96d084c55df
main-qimg-794219a0bd80d833e31ec29852950e24

c325a8744bdd8200d15cc16f3dae63d5.jpg
836f75180e76d6556ed1dd0e391a6ca1.jpg

my-horse-redhawk.jpg
Set110_C61648FCAC902.jpg

FAD68648E0D04F179C4512AB5BB91485E6736024
14thhussars1900.jpg

Last edited:
Hey @emrozdemir, any developments on this subject?
And did you consider adding slots to the horse, in a way to carry additional equipment to the battle? I think this would be a nice addition.

War chest is declined(we didn't like the idea of being forced to maintain another list of items in the inventory).

Being able to swap weapons from your horse was neither declined or approved afair. I can bring it up again.

Being able to swap weapons from your horse was neither declined or approved afair. I can bring it up again.
I don't know if I explained myself correctly, I was suggesting to add the ability to bring up more equipment to the battlefield through the implementation of UI slots to the horse (like those you have for your character). It would be like a mini war chest comparing to what we had in Warband, but no need for a new inventory you just drag the items you want to the slots.
On the battlefield, you could then swap items (you had selected in the UI menu) from your horse.
Also, devs could choose to visually represent the items on your horse or not (open a UI box instead?). I think that directly "gluing" items to the horse to visually represent this feature would not be a great challenge, although some problems/questions could arise like: clipping; different weapon types require different positions; does AI also use this feature...

Wait, the chest idea was declined? That's nuts. Being able to set the stuff we want to save aside so we don't accidentally sell or smelt it and can find it easily would be a HUGE improvement.

This game is brilliant, but the inventory, trade, and party management screens are just bad.

War chest is declined(we didn't like the idea of being forced to maintain another list of items in the inventory).
by war chest you mean the private chest he wanted to put his special items in, correct?

what about getting access to all our inventory in battle? whether through a chest with a flag like in warband or having to ride into our camp.

what about getting access to all our inventory in battle? whether through a chest with a flag like in warband or having to ride into Ifour camp.
If the problem was only creating a new inventory something like this could be an option, although having access to all the inventory seems too OP. Something like being able to mark a few items from the inventory and only those would appear in battle is another option.
IMO, the idea of carrying additional items with your mount seems better, it would give a new role to the mount and fulfill the need of having another one or two items without it being too much op, having the need for a new inventory and being a feature players would enjoy.

what about getting access to all our inventory in battle? whether through a chest with a flag like in warband or having to ride into our camp.
yeah we need something to refill ammo with, whether chest or arrow tubs, making us retreat is not a good plan for the final game version.

I thought there was an old development blog that mentioned some saddles for utility like extra ammo/weapons as a trade off to just armor, not sure though was a long time ago.

For changing kits I'd be 100% content if they just added "Inventory" to the pre-battle menu so it was Attack, Send Troops, Leave, Inventory. I don't mind the time it takes to change into siege gear or grab a horse before a battle, but I always forget until it's too late.

For inventory I want a "Personal Items" tab so I can keep the party's food and spare gear separate from the trade inventory. Picking out the stuff I want to keep among the endless sea of vendor trash. And yeah, I know "trash" a relative, subjective, and situational term, but let's face it - at least 95% of the stuff we pick up after a battle is trash in all respects of the word. It would be great to be able to just hit "sell all" without accidentally selling by siege gear or the shoulders I was saving for some companion or whatever.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom