Status of the Heir System?

Users who are viewing this thread

Your health regenerates if you get into battles after you get the death warning, it just will max out at lower and lower numbers (max health goes to 90%, then 80%, etc) until you eventually die. You can still fight if you want to. And yes, once you die, a pop-up window comes up for you to choose which character you want to take over the clan. You don't need to stash your inventory, it just goes into the inventory once MC dies and you can reassign to whoever your heir is (unless the update changed this). And sometimes, it's better to get an unskilled heir so you can try different perks.

And don't feel bad, I've had my mc die of old age too. So what if I'm a "slow player?"

Yep Your equipment goes to inventory the problem is You lose all the staff in Your inv except the things that You wear. Also You lose all workshops when You die (probably a bug) You can choose whoever You like as Your next char as long as he/she is 18.

I also like to take my time with the game so I came to a point when I'm playing third generation and the map is still not fully conquered. 5 or 6 factions are left and most minor factions are extinct.

Not quite sure the exact number, but you start getting a chance (very small) to get death sickness somewhere in the late 50's. One of my MC's died in her 60's, so Nicob got pretty lucky making it to 83.

I got really lucky yeah. Like I mentioned before, Unqid also made it to 81. He was the last remaining of the original monarchs in my campaign and I actually felt sad seeing him go. I wanted to go see him before he passed, but I was on military campaign and I never made it there in time. :sad:

Also, important note... this was all before the latest patch. In 1.5.5 I noticed people started dying off dramatically. That is when I lost one of my sons during a siege and my daughter in childbirth. Also, 3 of my companions died during combat, so... I guess my advice is, gear your companions well and especially your children. Preferably keep them away from combat as much as possible by placing them in Ranged formation for example.

You should post your character skill screen!

@AnandaShanti Ask and you shall receive!

And yeah, I did a lot of smithing. I had no idea how much exp and money you can actually make with it, and at first I didn't understand what was happening. Turns out I really needed it though, because it cost me a fortune to convert some of the enemy lords in barter. I crafted hundreds of 100k polearms.

uatIG71.jpg

I got really lucky yeah. Like I mentioned before, Unqid also made it to 81. He was the last remaining of the original monarchs in my campaign and I actually felt sad seeing him go. I wanted to go see him before he passed, but I was on military campaign and I never made it there in time. :sad:

Also, important note... this was all before the latest patch. In 1.5.5 I noticed people started dying off dramatically. That is when I lost one of my sons during a siege and my daughter in childbirth. Also, 3 of my companions died during combat, so... I guess my advice is, gear your companions well and especially your children. Preferably keep them away from combat as much as possible by placing them in Ranged formation for example.

And yeah, I did a lot of smithing. I had no idea how much exp and money you can actually make with it, and at first I didn't understand what was happening. Turns out I really needed it though, because it cost me a fortune to convert some of the enemy lords in barter. I crafted hundreds of 100k polearms.

uatIG71.jpg
Is that chest armor new? I've never seen it before.

uatIG71.jpg
That's some pretty good skill spreads. Surprised you got athletic and 2 melee skills over 200, that's a lot of wack'n.

uatIG71.jpg

interesting to see your MC hair become silver white, so the MC did show aging like a real person
how can you still have such low Scouting and tatics??? scouting and tatics will auto increase as long as you move in big map and fight in combat

uatIG71.jpg

Your playthrough sounds really interesting! Thank you for sharing; question though. Does the perk in the Smithing tree where your able to proc a legendary crafting item work at your level?

how can you still have such low Scouting and tatics??? scouting and tatics will auto increase as long as you move in big map and fight in combat

For Scouting, if you have a Scout assigned, all the Scouting XP goes to them. As for Tactics, 2 attribute and 0 focus points = 10 soft cap. Combined with leveling up your character, your Tactics can stay pretty low if you just solo the entire game. I've never seen only 18 but I've never run with only 2 attribute points in that skill.

Your playthrough sounds really interesting! Thank you for sharing; question though. Does the perk in the Smithing tree where your able to proc a legendary crafting item work at your level?

You're welcome. I think it works, yes. I'm unsure which items can be considered as "legendary" but after getting the legendary perk, I was able to craft weapons with +10 stats, which is pretty good. 12 is my record. I taught my daughter (RIP) everything I knew about smithing and gave her 10 Endurance from the get-to, and she was able to craft better weapons and much more frequently. Your mileage may vary though, it's still heavily based on RNG.

Also, once you can craft those 100k polearms, it's super easy to powerlevel your children in smithing. After crafting first of those polearms, my daughter's skill raised by 80 with single craft. Companions can be powerleveled too, but since you can't distribute their points in Endurance, they will hit their skill cap fast.

No, he is probably using the mod called Swadian armory.

You're correct and I highly recommend it. All of the armor pieces are really beautifully detailed and fit the game perfectly. I only use cosmetic item mods because I don't want my saves to get corrupted by a new patch.

For Scouting, if you have a Scout assigned, all the Scouting XP goes to them. As for Tactics, 2 attribute and 0 focus points = 10 soft cap. Combined with leveling up your character, your Tactics can stay pretty low if you just solo the entire game. I've never seen only 18 but I've never run with only 2 attribute points in that skill.

Yep you're exactly right. Combined with the fact that I have 2 CNG and no focus points, the skills can only go so far. What you're seeing here is hundreds of hours of playtime and the skills only got to 18. You don't need to level up Scouting anyway, because you can just get a companion with high scouting, set them up as the clan scout and you're good to go. At least, that was my approach. I had other things to use my points on.

Last edited:
You're welcome. I think it works, yes. I'm unsure which items can be considered as "legendary" but after getting the legendary perk, I was able to craft weapons with +10 stats, which is pretty good. 12 is my record. I taught my daughter (RIP) everything I knew about smithing and gave her 10 Endurance from the get-to, and she was able to craft better weapons and much more frequently. Your mileage may vary though, it's still heavily based on RNG.

Good to know, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom