In Progress [beta 1.5.6] Game crashed when trying to start a new campaign

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
With beta 1.5.6 released today I started to get a CTD every time I try to start a new campaign. No mods ofc. The game just crashes when loading before the culture choice for the player character.

Unfortunately I don't have any old saves to try to load as I used mods on them which are ofc not ported to 1.5.6 yet.

With beta 1.5.6 released today I started to get a CTD every time I try to start a new campaign. No mods ofc. The game just crashes when loading before the culture choice for the player character.

Unfortunately I don't have any old saves to try to load as I used mods on them which are ofc not ported to 1.5.6 yet.
Same thing with me: New game, no mod (never installed)- crash when I choose a new culture

After a crash you should be able to see a window that will upload the dump file to us related with the crash. After the upload you should see a new window that has the crash ID

After a crash you should be able to see a window that will upload the dump file to us related with the crash. After the upload you should see a new window that has the crash ID

Unfortunately, I don't get the window asking for the dump file upload. I tjust crashes to desktop, no error, no new window, BL just closes.

Hello, can you please share your Crash ID so i can forward it to the QA team for further inspection?

@marciocris @DJenxu1

I seem to have found a workaround:

If I start a custom battle, then immediatly retreat, and then try to start a new campaign, it works. I get to the culture choice screen, and can proceed to create a character and start a new game.

I have no mods selected in the launcher.

To be clear, I have mods files in the games/mods directory, but hthese are not activated in the launcher. Plus I validated the game files, which needed no update.

Edit: added some details

Edit 2: I can load the campaign saves I created using my workaround fineafter just starting the game. There is no need to first start a custom battle, the gmae just loads them w/o problems.

Last edited:
It would be great if you can delete the mods completely and try to reproduce?

Did delete all non-native mod folders, game crashes the same way when trying tho start a new campaign.Workaround to start a custom battle first, then start a new campaign works as well.

No dialog to send crash dumps or CrashID either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom