Multiplayer mods can't be made until 2024 unless we find an alternative

Users who are viewing this thread

The multiplayer server system, much like the game, is still in development. I understand the arguments put forward for sharing the files ASAP, in particular for modders, but there is still work to be done on them.
Which kind of works needs to be done on Server files?
Why Taleworlds silenced modders ability to host deditaced servers? ( like misteroutoftimes )

@Callum

Thankyou
(No Sarcasm intended) alot of this you may already know, so, yeah, Thanks for these perspective comments without 100% confirming (this would obviously mislead), but its great to hear that bannerlord skins isnt considered as a viable option

Announcement in a patch video update
(In my opinion)You guys should really address this in a video patch update, making it clear what taleworlds general intention is, without confirming and locking in so all players in playerbase are aware and understand the general direction, which will attract a further playerbase indirectly.

Modtools
As for the mod tools, etc, this makes sense, but,as you may already know, the sooner the release, the better

Best Situation for Taleworlds and community
The optimum situation would be releasing the stable version, and have a plefora of DLCs ready for scheduled, planned releases to keep the full game playerbase retention high, without killing the player base too early, longevity, then,TW will know when its the right time to start developing in certain areas to boost whatever needs boosting.

I'm Willing to make a 0.8 hard fork with
multiplayer modding capabilities(be aware server hosters need to be able to run the client)

Custom server lists(one for each bigger mod/pack /conversion , synchronize able able mods, custom XP/leveling)
LAN hosting options integrated into the launcher
With custom unlockable player icons/emblems /everything moddable

The more people are interested into multiplayer mods the better, I don't think any of that would need much more work than we did back then for 0.8 beta.
Everything would be open source and free, and contributions very welcome

What we can't fix:
We stuck with 0.8 content, we may be able to back port non binary features tho

Last edited:
Still don't get why it's so incredible hard for TW to communicate an actual stance to the community. Everyone understood that stuff takes time but that is just a consequence not an argument or reason.
What I don't get is when decisions are made that affect the community and there is no willingness to talk about them while in parallel TW wants community input to improve their game. This is a concerning imbalance that seems inappropriate to me for people that invested their money into your product.

If there is lots of stuff to do regarding MP, that's fine, I wish you the best success. But then you surley must have a plan what's already done and what needs to be done before a public release is possible since you know that there still is a lot to be done. Why is it not possible for this plan to be shown to the public?

I would also argue that this is the reason why these kind of threads popup multiple times. There is no public central statement on the MP progress that the community understands.

Last edited:
I can only imagine the reason there still are no dedicated servers around is because they wanna keep things on a short leash so they can eventually start selling virtual hats to the upcoming generation of fortnite kiddies.
I wouldn't necessarily blame them for it, just be upfront about it.

We don't have any plans to sell skins right now. It is far too soon to even be thinking about that discussion considering how much work MP has left to do on it.
EZkW6.jpg

QTNVi.png

edit:
It appears that there was a subsequent statement to the one I originally was referring to.
Interesting.
0ECfFf8.gif

Last edited:
The multiplayer server system, much like the game, is still in development. I understand the arguments put forward for sharing the files ASAP, in particular for modders, but there is still work to be done on them.
Yeah but I think we have a special circumstance here with a very dedicated modding community that you guys aren't leveraging. I understand you need to get a framework in place so that the server files are extendable, but more communication about custom server plans is the number one ask that people are talking about in game. I know its hard to quantify that, but its my experience from countless hours of playing Siege since July.

They aren't going to release the server files because if they do they know we're going to go nuts with them, build out some crazy MP infrastructure, and then when they inevitably make changes that will **** with the server files and mess everything up they know we're all going to go ballistic and they probably just don't want to deal with it.

They don't even have MP servers that can keep a map rotation up yet, they just freeze up and kick you back to the lobby with every new match. They have a lot of work to do yet.

when they inevitably make changes that will **** with the server files and mess everything up they know we're all going to go ballistic and they probably just don't want to deal with it.

This sort of thing happened a lot with the original mount and blade where updates would ruin mods and require total refactors a lot of them time. People were kind of frustrated but didn't "go ballistic", because they understood they were building on the shifting tectonic plate that was early mount and blade. I don't see why it would be any different now.

This sort of thing happened a lot with the original mount and blade where updates would ruin mods and require total refactors a lot of them time. People were kind of frustrated but didn't "go ballistic", because they understood they were building on the shifting tectonic plate that was early mount and blade. I don't see why it would be any different now.
Exactly that.
Modding implies that you build upon an existing system. If fundamental breaking changes are made to the dependend system, you need to adapt. If you don't want that risk, go write a standalone game or wait for a stable version.

I would also invoke that the decision whether modders could cope with a underlaying system that changes should be up to the modders themselves and should not be taken on behalf of them.

Do you have an only fans or some other way we could support this endeavor?

i actually do have a other way to support since beta.
but until we make a good forum post here about the project, how to support/contribute/fund,how to use it etc.
i rather first get the basic 0.8.9 version working with screenshots etc (as we did back then)

for now you(or anyone else, even taleworlds can talk with me at al ltimes) can just add me on discord n ill invite u to a temporary/wip discord server MisterOutofTime#4197
and we will see what we can do about it.

Don’t want to derail the thread but you could have quoted go fundme, PayPal and other things but decided to go with only fans? Lmao
It's called humour
:wink:

i actually do have a other way to support since beta.
but until we make a good forum post here about the project, how to support/contribute/fund,how to use it etc.
i rather first get the basic 0.8.9 version working with screenshots etc (as we did back then)

for now you(or anyone else, even taleworlds can talk with me at al ltimes) can just add me on discord n ill invite u to a temporary/wip discord server MisterOutofTime#4197
and we will see what we can do about it.
I'll definitely join your discord. Would love to be part of the discussion or help in any way my feeble self is able to.
Have you made much effort recently to get 0.8 customs running again or is this dream still in your mind eye? I'm also curious if the new modding tools could be used for maps and such or would the servers be similarly limited to small "design" changes as they were during your servers in beta.

Back
Top Bottom