Resolved Pack animal herd penalty

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
1. I think Trading fiefs should be available and trade skill just to make it cheaper, high trade skill does not make sense. I think most of us playing as Jack of all trade, meaning a little on everything. 225 trade skill is so high to get
2.Skill progress is very very slow i must say, i used a trick to train them.By trigger the battle between looters and big army then using blunt arrow to shoot them all, i reached 200 riding - bow - 100 athletic in the first day of my campaing ( battanian and aserai army work best, u can pick up noble bow to train faster)
3.Herd penalty is now high in my opinion, but not too high for me because the only thing make me sad is Arwa noble bow and mamluk cav armor. But yeah, herd penalty is now not good for trader players
4.I was playing as merchant and sell only for other caravans,their price does not change, it made my trade skill goes up faster. u should try this way while waiting(hoping) they will change it :grin:
for the most part I agree with all your saying, except blunt arrows removed, like noble bows and heavy exe axes, we dont fix we remove.
An Army running 500 horses and carrying a thousand days of food makes no sense so I think they made change for non traders and didn't consider the effect it would have on traders, I have thought of doing a trader to get to 300 without selling horses and not exceeding a -1.00 herd penalty to see how long it would take but I am not sure if I want to spend a month or two testing it now with the changes. 2 simple fixes, 25% herd reduction to Aserai culture and increase trade skill gains slightly. That solves everything

for the most part I agree with all your saying, except blunt arrows removed, like noble bows and heavy exe axes, we dont fix we remove.
An Army running 500 horses and carrying a thousand days of food makes no sense so I think they made change for non traders and didn't consider the effect it would have on traders, I have thought of doing a trader to get to 300 without selling horses and not exceeding a -1.00 herd penalty to see how long it would take but I am not sure if I want to spend a month or two testing it now with the changes. 2 simple fixes, 25% herd reduction to Aserai culture and increase trade skill gains slightly. That solves everything
i think both aserai and khuzait should have it. They are both nomad merchant in real life, i believe

i think both aserai and khuzait should have it. They are both nomad merchant in real life, i believe
The Khuzuit cav bonus is huge for traders, you run 100 cav only on a trader and it helps really offest the herd penatly, someone on my channel suggested it and I tried it and it was amazing, much better than the little barter penalty reduction Aserai get which is a waste since trade skill gives a massive bonus already. thats why i think they should change the culture bonus, but I guess I need to start learning to mod to fix all the mistakes they make

Cmon Taleworld, think big picture, not narrowed vision. Herd penalty for armies, fine for traders a disaster, given them a way to mitigate or offset some of it

This has killed my horse trading business.
yes the "Theme" for this evening, killed, killed horse trading, killed trader builds
Here is what I will do, I will make an Aserai trader and work to 300 skill. the rules, I will not trade in horses and I will not exceed -1.00 herd penalty.
All I ask is for anyone from Taleworld to give me their estimation of what they think it should take to hit 300 trade, and someone there should have that knowledge or you can't make these 2 changes not having that information to know whether it is devastating to a build,
So to anyone at Taleworld, What is the reasonable expectation for a trader to hit 300 skill, @mexxico, @Duh_TaleWorlds @Callum, anyone, all I ask for is for a number, how many days is TW expectation To hit 300, I plan to post daily updates on Youtube but I expect this to take many weeks.
Just reply with a number, that's all I ask

yes the "Theme" for this evening, killed, killed horse trading, killed trader builds
Here is what I will do, I will make an Aserai trader and work to 300 skill. the rules, I will not trade in horses and I will not exceed -1.00 herd penalty.
All I ask is for anyone from Taleworld to give me their estimation of what they think it should take to hit 300 trade, and someone there should have that knowledge or you can't make these 2 changes not having that information to know whether it is devastating to a build,
So to anyone at Taleworld, What is the reasonable expectation for a trader to hit 300 skill, @mexxico, @Duh_TaleWorlds @Callum, anyone, all I ask for is for a number, how many days is TW expectation To hit 300, I plan to post daily updates on Youtube but I expect this to take many weeks.
They kill my blacksmith industry... I cannot travel my wood and my raw materials anymore

They kill my blacksmith industry... I cannot travel my wood and my raw materials anymore
yeah I don't get doing things that upset so many people, there are ways to do things better and accomplish the same goal yet still keep people somewhat happy, and it's like all these game developers not just Taleworld make bone head moves that no on in business would do if they want to attract a customer

Can someone tell me how much their speed was before and what it is now - daytime, open field? And how many horses and cargo are you moving?
From what I've read so far the penalty doesn't sound that bad but I may be missing something...

Can someone tell me how much their speed was before and what it is now - daytime, open field? And how many horses and cargo are you moving?
From what I've read so far the penalty doesn't sound that bad but I may be missing something...
before I was at 5.4 on my play through, after it dropped to 1.8 daytime

On my imported game I went from 5.5 to 2.2.
So I started a new 1 and there are some interesting positives for me anyway. Caravans now travel slower and I can actually catch them and target them and also it's the first time I've caught up to steppe bandits. But that could just be me not asking how horses worked until the change on this patch made me notice it more. Sticking to the infantry can have 2 horse and cav 1 I've got as high as 6. I was wondering what the affect of caravans being easy targets has on the economy, I expected prices to rise but they've all been pretty low. I also wondered if this was designed primarily as a nerf to khurzait?
The affects do mean that I'm more wary of trading horses and you do need to be more aware of things like free animas/horses from quests/battle drops, as well as feeling I have to count horses as I play. So could so with something in game explaining herds vs troops, maybe an easier visual of how many animals you have, or a fuller visual of speeds breakdown. I'd be a bit stuck and confused if I hadn't asked on the forum for how it works.
Would also like to see animals appear in the trade goods section of shop interface.

Ok, although 5.4 to 1.8 and 5.5 to 2.2 is pretty insane, if you can fix it by managing your horses it still sounds doable. I must admit that I have no idea how much cargo you must move to get to the higher levels of the trade skill. I'm usually 50-125 tops. AI caravans being easy targets seems pretty ****! Although this does mean it eliminates the competition for those sweet deals...

I changed my mind a little bit. I think if they want to stop the mega-trading-herds moving across the map, consuming everything and trading like mad, they should at least make it so you actually get trade points from operating caravans like the character development screen says. It seems fair to me that you should expand your business like that at some point. I see the 1.5.4. update says there are trade skills implemented but do you actually get xp from running caravans now? Of course, if they get killed easily it doesn't help anyone... You can't be everywhere at the same time so that needs a bit of a review, I'd say.

Again I agree with all of the above this kills trader builds. It also forces you to have more of an army to be a trader/caravan as you need the troops to offset the herd penalty. The big issue with having lots of troops if bandits don't attack you (and you will never be fast enough to get them) I used to love playing a trader with a small force and having to fight or dodge bandits and hostile factions this change kinda ruins that.

Again I agree with all of the above this kills trader builds. It also forces you to have more of an army to be a trader/caravan as you need the troops to offset the herd penalty. The big issue with having lots of troops if bandits don't attack you (and you will never be fast enough to get them) I used to love playing a trader with a small force and having to fight or dodge bandits and hostile factions this change kinda ruins that.

Yep, I cannot operate as a trader as before, I know some people don't have an issue with this, but it narrows the role playing of the game even more.

my idea was Aserai get -25% her penalty culture bonus, and give them a herd penalty reduction instead of extra carrying capacity so they can help offset or mitigate some of the penalty. You dont get rid of the herd penatly but give traders a way to mitigate it, not giving it to 175 riding skill perks

my idea was Aserai get -25% her penalty culture bonus, and give them a herd penalty reduction instead of extra carrying capacity so they can help offset or mitigate some of the penalty. You dont get rid of the herd penatly but give traders a way to mitigate it, not giving it to 175 riding skill perks
i saw the youtube chanel name flesson19, is that u. Video named "Something... Horse archer"

almost a week gone and all I hear is crickets, can't even get a single number answer to a question, so sad

Back
Top Bottom