DLC appears on SteamDB

Users who are viewing this thread

Not sure how many of you are still checking SteamDB and I didn't find any thread on the forum discussing this topic so:
Apparently TW created a DLC package for Bannerlord as discovered by SteamDB (https://steamdb.info/app/261550/dlc/) about 6 days ago. It could be anything: a testing package to just see how DLC development works on steam; an actual DLC development just kicks off. Any inside info?

That team could still work on the main game. There is so much stuff which still needs to be fixed/added/changed.

They can start with DLC when the´re close to finish the game, but now?

But as I said, I think it´s something different.

Could be many things, mod tools, some free content as a thanks for buying the ea when game releases, a test for the future. They have said that when the game comes out, they will start work on a DLC (im not sure, but i think naval combat was hinted), my guess though will be that its for the modding tools, since they have said that they were likely to come within this month if the current beta went well.

Naval combat and new factions would be the safest bets for a dlc I guess. In all honesty, sounds more plausible this entry is just the downloadable modding tools as someone allready pointed out.

edit: hey, I'm a knigh now! Cool.
...11 years waiting for this moment.

Steam will recognize any content addon that is separate form the base game as DLC, even if it isnt DLC in the traditional sense. This is virtually guaranteed to be the modding tools they talked about in a recent dev video.

It was always my thinking that the companies don't use DLC to it's true limits. You could for example put meshes into the base game and textures into a DLC. So you could buy pink or green or blue based textures, to your own taste. Or put immobile NPCs in the base game and their movement into DLC. Or speech into the base game and music into DLC. So many possibilities. :wink:

In earnest, mod tools would be great, Skyrim or Fallout 4 also have the CKs as DLC flagged.

Back
Top Bottom