Quick reminder before people lose their minds...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forgive me for not having the utmost faith in you @AVRC but how does this statement differ from any of your past posts about timelines? If it does should we take it seriously or with a possible grain of salt as bugs could delay it another month?

This is correct, the big MP patch will be following patch.
Testing is getting finalized this week and it is almost there.

Report functionality is almost completed, will go live soon.
Expecting to have some Cav mechanics changes go live soon.
In progress. More details soon.

I have a feeling you will be reluctantly pleased very soon. ?

Hopefully soon

Should be up very soon, just had a meeting on it.

We are looking into cav mechanics, have a few solutions to test. Should see some changes in coming patches.
We are going to release another post soon, similar to the original post of this thread, detailing plans for this month and what is being worked on. We will be making those posts probably once every month,

How does that sound?
should be on the next MP patch.

Some of these quotes are almost 3 months old and promise the same things either soon or within weeks i don't get it.

Is it going to be content again that involves no major changes to the class system, even if it has been put forward by the community that they want changes in that regard?
Next MP patch will include quite a decent amount of changes to troops, perks and equipment however it will not be final version obviously since we are adding a third perk option and skill perks which will allow us to mix things up a bit more. So the next patch will be the next step of the evolution of the system. We want to set a baseline with some of the troops that we are happy with and work towards making the rest as fun to play. Also considering the changes to the combat, we will need to adjust equipment and troops for sure after the patch.

The community made it exceptionally clear that we did not want this when it was first brought up several weeks ago. Taleworlds needs to listen to its playerbase or completely lose its playerbase.
I think the community is overreacting before even trying out the current version of it. I think it feels fine at the moment and if it is perceived as broken, we will adjust it.

Next MP patch will include quite a decent amount of changes to troops, perks and equipment however it will not be final version obviously since we are adding a third perk option and skill perks which will allow us to mix things up a bit more. So the next patch will be the next step of the evolution of the system. We want to set a baseline with some of the troops that we are happy with and work towards making the rest as fun to play. Also considering the changes to the combat, we will need to adjust equipment and troops for sure after the patch.
My mind tells me you're about to introduce the passive perks as third perk, please prove me wrong.

My mind tells me you're about to introduce the passive perks as third perk, please prove me wrong.
Skill perks... no idea; but I don't hate the idea. Mordhau managed to utilise a similar concept very successfully. As long as they aren't too invasive on the core game-play I think they could be interesting.

Which troops are you happy with?

A lot of people love the battanian wildling. I hope that is one of them

And I really like the idea of skill perks if they open up new playstyles.

Which troops are you happy with?

A lot of people love the battanian wildling. I hope that is one of them
Sounds like the ones they are happy with aren't technically classes that exist in our version - but the test version. Though likely these middle of the road classes should logically be the baseline.

Mordhau is completely different to mount and blade.

I disagree; apart from the block adjustment it actually play very similarly and with similar game modes. Certainly I found my Warband skills transferred quite cleanly across. Also it is Bannerlords primary MP competition on the market.

You can't ignore it.

Some of these quotes are almost 3 months old and promise the same things either soon or within weeks i don't get it.
I feel your pain, but things time. Especially when you are a conjoined twin to a humongous and very complicated single player game.

This is why I try to be as vague as possible for timings because there are many factors out of our control that delay things. You can be mad at me, that's fine but know this, we are making everything humanly possible to get it as soon as possible.

I think the community is overreacting before even trying out the current version of it. I think it feels fine at the moment and if it is perceived as broken, we will adjust it.

We are reacting the way we are because it was a pretty controversial mechanic in warband, and in warband it came on weapons that would be pretty terrible without the crush through. In bannerlord, most of the mauls other bonk sticks are significantly longer and faster than Warband's hammers. Im sure they will be an absolute blast to play with, but that does not mean they are fun to play against. That is why we are concerned.

I feel your pain, but things time. Especially when you are a conjoined twin to a humongous and very complicated single player game.

This is why I try to be as vague as possible for timings because there are many factors out of our control that delay things. You can be mad at me, that's fine but know this, we are making everything humanly possible to get it as soon as possible.
We dont blame you at all. We are as frustrated about the time tables as you are

I disagree; apart from the block adjustment it actually play very similarly and with similar game modes. Certainly I found my Warband skills transferred quite cleanly across. Also it is Bannerlords primary MP competition on the market.

You can't ignore it.
Because mordhau is a combat focused game with persistent progression, MaB is not.

This is the entire crux of the matter imo - can devs shed any light on this?
It is obviously purely physics based as any other attack in the game.
Only possible with very heavy weapons against light weapons on overhead swings. Imagine blocking an overhead attack from a two handed maul with a short sword.

Because mordhau is a combat focused game with persistent progression, MaB is not.
The progression was 90% skins and cosmestics - game mechanics were very loosely tied behind leveling; as in you could use any specific loadout you like after 3-4 games.

Bannerlord is planning to have progression based cosmetic unlocks and is clearly a combat focused game.

It is obviously purely physics based as any other attack in the game.
Only possible with very heavy weapons against light weapons on overhead swings. Imagine blocking an overhead attack from a two handed maul with a short sword.

Does that mean it doesn't work against shield blocks?

If the skill perks are choosing 1 of 3 passives, I dont see how they could be a bad things as long as they are balanced. It really would be hardly different from the current equipment perks in terms of how they work. My question is how on earth are they going to work when most of the stats that a "perk" would affect have been removed? You cant exactly have a +2 ironflesh or +2Powerstrike perk in Bannerlord

The progression was 90% skins and cosmestics - game mechanics were very loosely tied behind leveling; as in you could use any specific loadout you like after 3-4 games.

Bannerlord is planning to have progression based cosmetic unlocks and is clearly a combat focused game.
Bannerlord has more a focus on large scale battles instead of mordhau having small-ish battles. They are very different to eachother in that regard.

Also **** cosmetics if the game is jack ****

Back
Top Bottom