Bannerlord enjoyment curve for me

Users who are viewing this thread

The camera in spectator mode is also flawed (or unfinished), since it can't go past anything with a roof above it:

Yeah, I have had the same issue when making a Youtube video. It's certainly not an urgent issue, but it should be looked at so people can spectate future events without trouble.

If you're a casual or severely inexperienced player, you might not notice much difference

You explained the differences well and now I realize he was talking about the snap back, which indeed sucks, and not the annoying way it zooms out, but I don’t appreciate your polemics.

I have plenty of top notch experience playing competitive Pac-Man where there were absolutely no camera issues and fast paced directional combat vs multiple enemies. You should learn to respect your elders.

One day the best pros playing Bannerlord will have started with playing Bannerlord and no one will really give a **** if a bittervet played warband or not. The day is coming :lol:

You explained the differences well and now I realize he was talking about the snap back, which indeed sucks, and not the annoying way it zooms out, but I don’t appreciate your polemics.

I have plenty of top notch experience playing competitive Pac-Man where there were absolutely no camera issues and fast paced directional combat vs multiple enemies. You should learn to respect your elders.

One day the best pros playing Bannerlord will have started with playing Bannerlord and no one will really give a **** if a bittervet played warband or not. The day is coming :lol:
Calm down. I was talking specifically about Warband. Not gaming in general.

If I had watched those clips when I was an inexperienced player, I might have had trouble telling the difference.

I look forward to seeing some new talented players, but I don't see what use a slower camera is going to give them.

Why is anyone defending a crap camera that doesn’t work well? Just why? It makes the game worse and it’s not like it’s a realism thing since most people can’t see in third person view

Why is anyone defending a crap camera that doesn’t work well? Just why? It makes the game worse and it’s not like it’s a realism thing since most people can’t see in third person view

Because not everyone has such a problem with it and thinks its so broken. In over 300h I never had a problem with the camera, honestly.

I’m not a troll, wtf guys, I just don’t understand why anyone likes the camera, it annoys me so much.... also calling everyone that doesn’t like the game a troll is gonna mean most of the community are trolls @matamor

If you play SP, camera isn't an issue at all. However, in MP its quite annoying, especially the slow turn back after you release the tilda key. Though I wouldn't say its like a huge problem or something.

It's not just in narrow areas but also when you back up against a wall or when the camera collides with objects.

The camera in spectator mode is also flawed (or unfinished), since it can't go past anything with a roof above it:

I don't know if Warband's beta had similar problems with the camera, but there were definitely other issues that eventually had to be solved, such as picking up items without proficiency limitation and the lack of cooldown for couched lances. It's as if TW are having to rediscover all of the strides in design that they made during Warband's development. These issues are less important in SP, and the series is primarily about the SP, so I guess it's understandable that they would leave it so late, but it's definitely important for MP.

Just this shows that there is a problem with the camera. He showed 200% proof there is an issue with the camera but some of y'all can't admit you're wrong.

I can't take seriously anyone who doesn't think the Bannerlord camera system is pure ass. Anyone who thinks the camera is fine needs to have their gamer license revoked.

Last edited:
This shows that there is problem withen the community, you got two groups on the fourms (that actually matter). You got the guys defending the game like that person who assumes that it's people having fps problems because we have bad specs even though we don't. Or the ****ty animations supposed are just realistic and the "realistic movement". I'm part of the other group that can think this game can be improved if it gets fixed.

Calm down. I was talking specifically about Warband. Not gaming in general.

If I had watched those clips when I was an inexperienced player, I might have had trouble telling the difference.

I look forward to seeing some new talented players, but I don't see what use a slower camera is going to give them.

I’d encourage you to calm down with your use of severe adverbs.

I’m so calm haha. My years of playing competitive Pac-Man strictly at the highest level taught me how to stay calm, cool, and collected during periods of intense activity vs multiple opponents with nerve-wracking stimuli. The controls were ultra snappy as well :mrgreen:

Sometimes people just misunderstand sentences. Maybe don’t look at everything through the lens of warband or even competitive experience.

When we stop doing that it may start to bring others into the fold so that we’re all on the same page about necessary improvements. Then the dev team may start taking these suggestions seriously.

The floaty snap back isn’t great but it’s not a really as big an issue. The only time I use freelook is when I’m running in a direction and need to look behind me. Using s key to run backwards and look behind doesn’t work because of the speed malus. Sadly, it doesn’t seem free look was designed with this consideration in mind, and is a mistake. In all other cases, using a and d keys and rotating works fine EXCEPT when clipping against the environment.

Ideally the camera would be locked to first person to prevent third person hacks but not being able to see the weapon position in the frustum without distorting everything to toontown levels is a problem.

The nature of the game almost necessitates third person camera for situational awareness but the position of the camera and the clipping issues makes it all very awkward. It really needs to be fine-tuned as a NEW game because trying to make adjustments to it as a successor to warband seems to be harming the design decisions instead of filling us with stoke and paying homage to its roots.

Edit: a word

Last edited:
The floaty snap back isn’t great but it’s not a really as big an issue. The only time I use freelook is when I’m running in a direction and need to look behind me. Using s key to run backwards and look behind doesn’t work because of the speed malus. Sadly, it doesn’t seem free look was designed with this consideration in mind, and is a mistake. In all other cases, using a and d keys and rotating works fine EXCEPT when clipping against the environment.
It's not as much of an issue as some other things, but it's still a flagrant stepback in gameplay for competitive players.

In case some people like it (e.g. if they think it's more "cinematic" or something), they should allow players the option to change it in the menu.

It's not as much of an issue as some other things, but it's still a flagrant stepback in gameplay for competitive players.

In case some people like it (e.g. if they think it's more "cinematic" or something), they should allow players the option to change it in the menu.

I mean I think you’re right. But I don’t think asking tw to put a setting in the menu to change the snap back speed is a good solution to the camera problems. I’ve thought that asking for a menu setting would be an easy thing for tw to implement for many things. I’ve since realized that at this point there’s a huge laundry list of menu item requests coming from the community.

The camera is such a big issue that I think we all need to unite behind requests that are easily understood by tw and also actionable and effective instead of overwhelming them with requests for minute customizations in the menu.

“Block delay” is an example. I honestly believe tw doesn’t really understand what is the issue we’re facing with blocking that leaves the gameplay feeling inconsistent and rng-like because it’s not an accurate description of the problem.

Wait which one is the troll? WhiteEyedSh4rk or RCC_God? It's pretty understandable that not everyone has a problem with how camera works, but for some it is. For example for me it's a problem when you have to switch to 1st person mode to see anything in specific places. So for me it's a problem and i guess that makes me a troll too.

Just adapt and overcome your play. Simple, move forward.
Please consider to move your camera issues by creating your thread in respect of the thread OP.

I’m not a troll, wtf guys, I just don’t understand why anyone likes the camera, it annoys me so much.... also calling everyone that doesn’t like the game a troll is gonna mean most of the community are trolls @matamor

We have a victimized troll now. Just go create your own thread now about it. Thread shows the guy is liking the game as it is, in all respect, respect this thread.

Back
Top Bottom