No wonder A.I. constantly votes for war...if 200 a day is the target profit for workshops,

Users who are viewing this thread

Then no one can afford peace.

This game is borked right now. You cant allow your companions to run their own parties and generate income or they'll donate all your tier 5/6 troops to garrisons and replace them with trash. Or they'll simply lose them because you cant manage their behavior so they charge into enemy territory and get wiped from the face of the planet.

The player is forced to keep all of his parties in an army constantly moving about the map, so you can micro manage them. If you have a large stack of higher tier troops(I currently have 500 troops) that costs you -4000 denars a day. That's WITH FIVE 1.4.1 tanneries providing 400 denars a day.

Fiefs take a long ass time to upgrade.

Caravans got nerfed.

How can you afford to build an army big/strong enough to start your own kingdom without being constantly at war, hunting down massive armies on the map to afford to pay for your own army?

I don't get it. The economy is completely broken.

I guess I would like to know the intent of the game developers so I can at least start a play through where I don't lose 4K a day unless I spend all my time killing off armies of 500 or more.

I've only played VC before and I don't remember going bankrupt every time my kingdom made peace.

What are the pillars of a functional economy? Do I need to have caravans, workshops, parties roaming the map, and several fully upgraded fiefs to pay for my army of 500? Or do I need to kill off every army of 500 or more that I can find to sell the loot and ransom the prisoners?

Currently the only way to afford my army is to kill every army I find and be in a constant state of war. As soon as I'm at peace or the enemy I'm at war with is on the decline, I can't find enough enemies to kill to keep from losing 5k a day.

Last edited:
My guess is what you have to spend lifetime of your first character making money. And after you got several millions of gold and die of boredom old age your heirs can try to recruit some troops. Too bad Khuzaits will conquer whole map by this time.

or just use blacksmithing, easy dough. A bit cheesy but in ea with borked eco i dont really care.

Make a bunch of javelins, find a rich dude in a country not at war with you and make 2m+ in one transaction. Will feed your army for years.

or just use blacksmithing, easy dough. A bit cheesy but in ea with borked eco i dont really care

How long do yo think it will be profitable? Since devs done nerfing caravans and workshops, I believe, smithing will be next.

They need to implement a mechanic for armies in peace time. In peace, you don't have to feed your army or house them. They should be significantly less expensive when not at war.

or just use blacksmithing, easy dough. A bit cheesy but in ea with borked eco i dont really care

I have absolutely no interest in grinding some bull****e crafting mechanic. If I wanted to do that I would play minecraft like the other 10 million mindless, eight year old, zombies.

I understand that we're in early access figuring these things out, but I already have a job that's not fun. I play for fun.

At least the dev's could throw us a bone to keep early access fun, or I'll just quit playing and let everyone else grind smithing until the game is actually playable.

I don't think AI lords use the same source of money as player. I newer saw a workshop owned by an AI lord.

Also I have newer seen AI lord running around with 150 men t5 army like players do. Maintaining such army SHOULD be expensive.

That said, players shouldn't be forced to run workshop and caravans. It's a medieval game, trade and manufacture were very much looked down upon and considered unclean jobs, unworthy of an aspiring noble. You should be able to maintain decent army from fief incomes alone. And by decent I don't mean 150 men t5 army of course. Same for mercenary army. It should be possible to maintain it from mercenary pay and loot without resorting to buying workshops and running caravans.

They need to implement a mechanic for armies in peace time. In peace, you don't have to feed your army or house them. They should be significantly less expensive when not at war.

Warband mechanic of half pay when in garrison would do the job I think. Of course current problems with starving garrisons would need to be addressed first.

I don't think AI lords use the same source of money as player. I newer saw a workshop owned by an AI lord.

Also I have newer seen AI lord running around with 150 men t5 army like players do. Maintaining such army SHOULD be expensive.

That said, players shouldn't be forced to run workshop and caravans. It's a medieval game, trade and manufacture were very much looked down upon and considered unclean jobs, unworthy of an aspiring noble. You should be able to maintain decent army from fief incomes alone. And by decent I don't mean 150 men t5 army of course. Same for mercenary army. It should be possible to maintain it from mercenary pay and loot without resorting to buying workshops and running caravans.

So the solution is to play like the a.i. and get wiped frequently so I can constantly recruit another cheap tier 1 peasant army and have the battle of the peasants with the other garbage tier 1 zergs roaming the map. Zerg feast sounds like a blast. :wink:

I play on the hardest settings and I value my army. I don't engage when I'm at risk of losing my entire army. I rarely lose a significant amount of troops. I keep a lot of cavalry so I can move quickly.

In VC I would drop my fully upgraded troops into a garrison so I couldn't lose them. I don't do that in Bannerlord because they'll starve or magically be replaced with 60 empire peasants.

So I roll with a god stack because I have no other option.

The solution to the economic problem should not be: don't upgrade your troops.

Last edited:
Pretty much. Calradia's economy runs on warfare.
Maintaining your own party of ~300 (~4000/day) isn't that hard even with the nerfed workshops and caravans, as long as you have a good fief or two to make up the difference.
But want to maintain some good garrisons too? Better get looting.
Kingdoms from old campaigns before the 1.4.2 hotfixes (growth nerfs) still have neutral cashflow thanks to large villages, but new kingdoms will probably need war income to stay in the black.

Now, whether this is good for gameplay is another story.
I think it's fine for many players. who just want perma war anyway and don't want to think about money or management.
But it sucks for any that want to play peacefully.
And for any that want to meaningfully play as a feudal lord rather than a roving adventurer with a fancy title.

So the solution is to play like the a.i. and get wiped frequently so I can constantly recruit another cheap tier 1 peasant army and have the battle of the peasants with the other garbage tier 1 zergs roaming the map. Zerg feast sounds like a blast. :wink:

While I find AI in the Bannerlord to be major improvement over Warband, I don't think it's on par with average human intelligence yet. There's no need to constantly recruit anything.

On the other hand if player want's to roll over AI stacks of double the size of his own by running around with 150 fian champions, banner knights and sturgian veterans while having another 150 sitting in the garrisons, he should be prepared to put bit more effort in to paying their wages.

And if you aren't prepared but still want to do it, then you should demand the same for the AI. Or tuning the difficulty down to easy instead. Which brings me to:

I play on the hardest settings...

I don't think that playing on hardest settings while complaining about game been hard is reasonable thing to do.

So how do mercs have a army then no workshops or anything all they do is die yet they have a army

How you do have army without workshops? I don't know the details of how mercs are getting money but running around with "army" of 20-40 mostly low level guys is not a difficult task even for the player.

The solution to the economic problem should not be: don't upgrade your troops.

Why not? You obviously do not have the economy to support fully upgraded troop tiers? Now that does not mean there can/should not be economy balancing, but not having perfect elite troops but always forced to work with a mix is what keeps it interesting.

I do not always upgrade troops and rather have a good number of troops being upgraded over time so my above average troop levels get constantly refreshed as recruits go through all their stages.And it's cheaper on top of everything. As a wiped lord army will restart with completely crap troops having a core of elite troops, backed by decent troops and recruits that can gain xp by not being on the losing side you still win a lot and with a large margin.

I am on day 600 mercs have 100 plus army all of them 1.42 and they are not at war.Maybe a bug in my game though as hotfix or something i will start a new save to see

This game is borked right now. You cant allow your companions to run their own parties and generate income or they'll donate all your tier 5/6 troops to garrisons and replace them with trash. Or they'll simply lose them because you cant manage their behavior so they charge into enemy territory and get wiped from the face of the planet.

The player is forced to keep all of his parties in an army constantly moving about the map, so you can micro manage them. If you have a large stack of higher tier troops(I currently have 500 troops) that costs you -4000 denars a day. That's WITH FIVE 1.4.1 tanneries providing 400 denars a day.

Caravans got nerfed.

How can you afford to build an army big/strong enough to start your own kingdom without being constantly at war, hunting down massive armies on the map to afford to pay for your own army?

I guess I would like to know the intent of the game developers so I can at least start a play through where I don't lose 4K a day unless I spend all my time killing off armies of 500 or more.

I've only played VC before and I don't remember going bankrupt every time my kingdom made peace.

What are the pillars of a functional economy? Do I need to have caravans, workshops, parties roaming the map, and several fully upgraded fiefs to pay for my army of 500? Or do I need to kill off every army of 500 or more that I can find to sell the loot and ransom the prisoners?

Currently the only way to afford my army is to kill every army I find and be in a constant state of war. As soon as I'm at peace or the enemy I'm at war with is on the decline, I can't find enough enemies to kill to keep from losing 5k a day.

Well said and argued. The decision to tweak workshops to produce 200 income per day is ridiculous. They have no idea what they are doing, nor how to create a living economy in game. They need to hire an actual economist to help them design it. What is the point of homogenizing the income from every workshop? How is that immersive? So much more should go into the game's economy, like I don't know, the seasons and weather conditions for growing certain goods, etc etc.

This game is becoming such garbage, honestly. They have increased the grind for everything, haven't fixed any of the AI performance issues, I mean the AI is bad, its game breaking, the list goes on and on.

Last edited:

Caravans got nerfed.

It's solved by Bannerlord tweaks for me..One of it's features is to allow more workshops , I have eight at tier four and four caravans.
Am pulling in 2-3k a day with one fief , garrison , four companion armies and my army so a total armed force of about 800.

Back
Top Bottom