Professionalism

Users who are viewing this thread

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ing-plans-for-singleplayer-and-engine.422296/

Should this be on Steam yes or no? If you say no then we are at an impasse because I feel this is core to the problem. I have no interest in debating metrics as that feels like a red herring, everyone with the game is on Steam, not everyone is here.

I play the game on Steam, but I very rarely read the Steam forums and have never posted there, not even once. Hence the Steam forum is completely irrelevant to me, and I am sure I am not alone in this. Yes, ideally they would post that kind of information in multiple places, but given how things are going it appears that even getting communication here is difficult. If they have to chose one place where to post relevant information, it should be this forum. And it's not a big deal if that information is just a click away.

If you feel that things not being posted on Steam is the core problem then I guess that the people bashing you were not entirely wrong after all (although I would still disagree with the tone with which that was done). The core problem to me is that TW as an organization is being chaotic and disorganized about everything they do, including communicating with people. As @hruza said, that is not exactly anything new, although one can always hope that it will get better at some point.

@The Sign of 33 why is it that everytime I see you posting you are always trying to flame? Take a chill pill, this is not helping anyone.

Last edited:
The OP is very reasonable in his request, also keep in mind the people here are not the average Bannerlord player. So it makes a whole lot of sense why important topics should also be posted on Steam.

@The Sign of 33 why is it that everytime I see you posting you are always trying to flame? Take a chill pill, this is not helping anyone.
Those are observations buddy, try it sometime, it's fun. And can you stop mentioning me constantly please? I know better not to argue with you since the last time you were claiming a statement such as "Your analogy is terrible" is a "personal attack". I don't like shallow people who resort to useless tricks when they lose an argument. Thank you.

Those are observations buddy, try it sometime, it's fun. And can you stop mentioning me constantly please? I know better not to argue with you since the last time you were claiming a statement such as "Your analogy is terrible" is a "personal attack". I don't like shallow people who resort to useless tricks when they lose an argument. Thank you.

I am simply trying to prevent the thread from turning into a dumpster fire, but I suppose that is wishful thinking on my side. Given that you are still resentful over something that wasn't even a real confrontation and happened forever ago, seems like you are just here looking for fights. Have fun with that I guess.

I play the game on Steam, but I very rarely read the Steam forums and have never posted there, not even once. Hence the Steam forum is completely irrelevant to me, and I am sure I am not alone in this. Yes, ideally they would post that kind of information in multiple places, but given how things are going it appears that even getting communication here is difficult. If they have to chose one place where to post relevant information, it should be this forum. And it's not a big deal if that information is just a click away.

If you feel that things not being posted on Steam is the core problem then I guess that the people bashing you were not entirely wrong after all (although I would still disagree with the tone with which that was done). The core problem to me is that TW as an organization is being chaotic and disorganized about everything they do, including communicating with people. As @hruza said, that is not exactly anything new, although one can always hope that it will get better at some point.

It's their communications strategy, or lack there of. Steam is a symptom, which you offhandedly dismiss. But do feel free to dismiss it and defend the problem as a whole in the process.

Your post takes a very condescending dismissive tone regardless of how politely it's presented.

edit:
**** Steam right? There I said it for you.

Last edited:
They did it again 15 mins ago lol. Probably because of your thread
Did what? Oh a patch, literally checked after writing that lol. w/e it's just more of the same, I don't think they'd give a damn what I though or posted.

Your avatar looks so sad. Poor Pepe.

Did what? Oh a patch, literally checked after writing that lol. w/e it's just more of the same, I don't think they'd give a damn what I though or posted.

Yea, Ghost patch with no notes lol. Pepe will be fine once he gets some potatoes.

I just learned that every hotfix content are posted on the front page of the Beta patch note Thread.

So we really actually were dumb ****s (me included) looking at it in the comments while it was there from the beginning.

Lets not forget the random dev posts going into great detail about the current state of the game being hidden in random posts. This stuff needs to be in a blog so people know what the devs are working on and what the current thinking is on problems. A lot of the community has no clue where the devs minds are atm and frankly having searched for all those random posts I'm still at a loss when it comes to the direction the patches were taking.

People need to understand the thought process, not the details, but simply the intent behind changes or intended changes.
Heavens above, so much of this.

Hell, even when you have a critical issue that prevents you from playing the most recent experimental branch, and put effort into providing as much pertinent information as you can, you might as well just talk to yourself for all the response you'll get. Maybe the coders saw this information. Maybe this got fixed coincidentally because it was something directly associated with other similar issues. Who knows?

But it certainly doesn't inspire either confidence in the development process, nor provides any kind of motivation to participate in this supposed "Early Access" project when there's literally next to no information coming back at the participants. Even when simply courtesy would demand it.
Everything posted here for information purposes needs to be posted on Steam. That's where the lions share of the player population is.
Absolutely. The fact that Steam users, of the very platform this game got released on, are treated like some kind of undesirable underclass is not going to win Taleworlds any accolades.

As bad as Steam forum can get (and a lot of this has to do precisely with abandonment of it by developers), Taleworlds' choice to ignore literal tens of thousands of additional testers and feedback sources with the "official forum or gtfo" approach to it certainly gives the impression they are only interested in Steam users' money, not running an actual Early Access.

They should get in touch with folks at MuHa (of Thea 1 and 2 fame). Sure, it was a tiny game with incomparably smaller following, but it was also done by a team of... four, IIRC, and they had constant and active presence on multiple media. Including main coder getting involved in balance discussions. On almost daily basis toward the end of the project, when balance became the main focus. They also knew how to drive testing focus, and how to address people complaining about elements that weren't yet developed.

Just. Communicating.

That's EA. Not this "we got your butter, now get away from us you filthy peon" approach.

At the very least, they could damn well copypasta the sodding patch notes - both main and experimental branch. Don't even need to bother with the "News" announcements for hotfixes, just dump a thread with all the patch notes in one place for all consecutive game versions, pin it, there you go - one minute of your time afterwards, and at least people get some decent information without having to dig through yet another forum.
I just learned that every hotfix content are posted on the front page of the Beta patch note Thread.

So we really actually were dumb ****s (me included) looking at it in the comments while it was there from the beginning.
Speak for yourself - it's still not something you can find on Steam.

I don't understand why it matters if the information is here or on Steam, as long as it's easy to find.

I agree with y'all that the way they are doing it right now it is still a bit of a treasure hunt. Even with the hotfix notes being posted on the first post of the stickied thread there's a lot of people that get confused by it, which tells me that it's not working very well. Plus the posts from devs, while definitely nice to have, are all over the place. And yes, you can follow them and look through their profile to see what they posted, but I think we can all agree that that is not the most efficient way to do things.

With that said, if they managed to organize the information on this forum I think we would be just fine on that front. Ideally they would copy paste that same information on Steam, yes, but it is difficult enough to get clear communication on this forum which is their home turf. With TW it's just kind of how it is. They ran a beta for MP and it was even difficult for players who were around for that one to get to information on what was going on, I believe that some of the people who posted before were involved in that and can tell the tale better than me.

I don't understand why it matters if the information is here or on Steam, as long as it's easy to find.
Because multiply it by several different in-development titles, and suddenly you are talking about multiple sites with multiple sub-threads and whatnot.

You sell on Steam, at least put all the relevant information on Steam forum. Even if you decide to ignore that forum for everything else (which, in itself, is a huge affront to the customers as far as I'm concerned, much less a big mismanagement of EA's potential).
Ideally they would copy paste that same information on Steam, yes, but it is difficult enough to get clear communication on this forum which is their home turf. With TW it's just kind of how it is.
They are large enough by now that sooner or later (and my bet is on "sooner") this kind of approach will bite them really hard.

But, their business, so their choice. Doesn't mean I'm happy about any of it, and it's something I strongly suspect I'm not alone in.

OP has a really good point!

I won't go AGAIN into why I agree with him, I only know that if I would run my Company the same way as TW does, i would be submerged by complains and bad reviews, probably I would have to close shop.

Steam users are banned on official TW site and forum?

This is not a lot of work to put patch notes on Steam forums every few days, really. Just simple pinned topic, like we have on this forums. And it will be right thing to do, since majority of players use Steam as a platform, I really don't understand what we are discussing there.

This is not a lot of work to put patch notes on Steam forums every few days, really. Just simple pinned topic, like we have on this forums. And it will be right thing to do, since majority of players use Steam as a platform, I really don't understand what we are discussing there.

And it's even less work to check official site if you want patch notes. Notion that devs don't inform players about patch changes because they publish notes on the official site of the game and not on the Steam is silly.

I don't argue that it would not be good if devs put those notes to steam, reddit and all other forums out there. My point is that they are not "unprofessional" if they don't and it's in no form of shape "discrimination" of Steam users.

If OP made a request for putting patch notes on Steam, I would have nothing against it. It's the tone and presentation that I disagree with.

Steam users are banned on official TW site and forum?
Too many people don't seem to understand that ouside websites multiply the more ongoing EA titles you support.

Explain to me again what is so difficult about Taleworld maintaining the same copypasta "patchnotes" post on Steam?
Notion that devs don't inform players about patch changes because they publish notes on the official site of the game and not on the Steam is silly.
To you. Not to the rest of us.

I'd rather not have to dig through multiple websites just because I'm interested in playing several EA titles on and off as I want, and patchnotes information drives my decision what to play at a specific moment.

Bottom line - it's not a great demand to have an up-to-date copy of the patchnotes OP pinned on Steam forum.

Too many people don't seem to understand that ouside websites multiply the more ongoing EA titles you support.
Explain to me again what is so difficult about Taleworld maintaining the same copypasta "patchnotes" post on Steam?

Because Steam does not belong to TW. It's not their forum and their site.

And now you tell me what is so difficult for you to visit official MB site and forum if you want to know patchnotes?

To you. Not to the rest of us.

Rest of who? There is you and two other guys complaining here. You are not representing anybody here but yourself.

I'd rather not have to dig through multiple websites just because I'm interested in playing several EA titles on and off as I want, and patchnotes information drives my decision what to play at a specific moment.

And I rather have roosted chicken fall right in to my mouth from the sky.

Bottom line - it's not a great demand to have an up-to-date copy of the patchnotes OP pinned on Steam forum.

Except this is not demand. This is allegation of unprofessionalism. If you would politely ask for patchnotes been posted also on the Steam, nobody would say word to you.

Because Steam does not belong to TW. It's not their forum and their site.
It's where they sell their game. Not having basic game update information there is very much unprofessional in my book.
And now you tell me what is so difficult for you to visit official MB site and forum if you want to know patchnotes?
We'll keep going in circles. It's time wasted looking for information that is not available on the very client required to launch the game. Information that takes less than a minute to copypasta in a dedicated pinned thread, and I have yet to hear why this is such a great effort that it should be excused from being made.

And the more actively developed EA titles you have with this kind of behavior, the more sites you need to visit if you want to keep up to date on such information.
Rest of who? There is you and two other guys complaining here. You are not representing anybody here but yourself.
Every time there's beta update another handful of posters on Steam make a "what changed" thread. This forum is frequented by a tiny minority of Bannerlord's user base.

Taleworlds not bothering to even provide such most basic information on the platform they sell is not professional.

If you still can't understand this, there's no point in further "discussion" - you won't change my mind (or those that think similarly), you clearly don't want to see our point of view, and still can't explain why posting patch notes on Steam is such a great demand on Taleworlds - and if it's not, why are you even arguing this omission, and the lack of professionalism pointed out in it, in the first place?

Back
Top Bottom